Official Yuunagi LOOP discussion

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
Jérôme.

Post by Jérôme. »

end of my first listening.....

well....

only No Fear gave me good reactions, the others are not of the level of I expect from a Maaya-chan album.

but it's a good news, because I though I will dislike the whole thing :) )
koocho

Post by koocho »

Well at last i have courage to purchase via internet some records; altough this make my pocket ultra small!!! :( ...

Well i figure what the heck!, besides it is the new Maaya-chan album and when i enter to yesasia.com and see that they are selling the special edition with the picture video cd i was so excited that i had no more doubts
in fact i was so excited that i decided to buy another cd and get a minitoy for free!!

Anyway i buy her Dive album, and i am waiting for them to come all the way to Mexico, but unfortunately i will not put my hands on them until mid november.

I hope this new album have worth all the bad moods that my wife will have once she finds out that i have buying cd's instead of saving money.

Bye
Gibb

Post by Gibb »

[quote="koocho"]Well at last i have courage to purchase via internet some records; altough this make my pocket ultra small!!! :( ...

Well i figure what the heck!, besides it is the new Maaya-chan album and when i enter to yesasia.com and see that they are selling the special edition with the picture video cd i was so excited that i had no more doubts
in fact i was so excited that i decided to buy another cd and get a minitoy for free!!

Anyway i buy her Dive album, and i am waiting for them to come all the way to Mexico, but unfortunately i will not put my hands on them until mid november.

I hope this new album have worth all the bad moods that my wife will have once she finds out that i have buying cd's instead of saving money.

Bye[/quote]

Good choices! Seems like most people on this forum like Shounen Alice the best, but Dive is my absolute favorite Maaya album. Free gashapons are great too!
Otakuwiki.com: Disgaea 4 (PS3)
Current Avatar: Fuuka from Disgaea 4
misssakura

Post by misssakura »

Oh dear...oh dear oh dear....

What can I say, i'm disappointed. The only two tracks I like are the two loop ones. Honey comb is catchy but that is about it. My main gripe with it, is maaya's voice production. It just doesn't sound very good at all. I think perhaps her singing in Les Mis has reinforced a tendancy to oversing, and when she tries to resume her normal quiet tone, it comes out as being slightly flat and expressionless.

Don't get me wrong i'm very happy that Maaya is trying new things and obviously this album has been a great success for her (and victor) but I think she has a lot of musical maturing to do, this is her first step on the ladder and hopefully she will improve with time, afterall she should be around for a while.
Merri
Posting Freak

Post by Merri »

[quote="Gibb"]Seems like most people on this forum like Shounen Alice the best[/quote]

We'll see, I made a poll :) Voted for Lucy; I already know I won't like the new album as much as I like Lucy (has the most songs I love to listen to).

Go vote for your favorite!
Now stuck in programming JavaScript
ariel

Post by ariel »

hi everyone, i have been debating on if i should buy this album or not. i got maaya's shounen alice and lucy albums after hearing such good reviews about them. but for this album the opinion seems to be split and i'm hearing both good and bad things. at first listen i didn't really like "Loop" but it grew on me, and i still don't really enjoy "honey come". the samples on maaya's website are not long enough for me to decide on if i would like them or not. so, could i ask the opinion of those who have heard the album if it is worth buying? or better yet, if there was anyway i could preview the album so i could decide? Gibb you mentioned a torrent site....could i maybe get a link for that...i really really want to hear the album. thank you.
Merri
Posting Freak

Post by Merri »

This is spectacular: I have updated my own Maaya page! Most of the songs have been pretty much "good enough". Haven't found one that really stands out. In the other hand: I have a headache today, so it isn't the best day to listen to music. I do skip Honeycomb quite often. The good thing is that the other songs weren't like it.
kljs

Post by kljs »

after hearing the preview of Honey Comes and now the full version....
it was better than expected......
but Hello stands out for me.....I just LOVE Hello!!!!!!

ALL HAIL GODDESS MAAYA SAKAMOTO!!!!
:neko: :neko: :neko: :neko: :neko:
Please visit : Image
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

seems that majority here like hello, no fear, unison and of course loop!!! :D
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
Yuki-chan

Post by Yuki-chan »

People likes loop? XD well, i didnt read all the thread XD but i thought people didnt XD maybe its because i dont like it >_> so want to blow up the world =D
"Missing someone doesnt mean you are apart but that one day you were together"
salut44

Post by salut44 »

(sorry if I don't speak very well english...)

After the first listening, I was VERY disappointed... Every songs looked so... silly :/. Only fuyu desu ka gave me a time of happiness. But where were the wonderfuls composition of Shounen Alicen, the maturity of Lucy, the awesome sadness of Dive (etc) ?? I don't want to come back at the beginning of maaya, "My favorite books" could be in Grapefruit !

So, Yuunagi Loop have less personnality than the others albums, however everybody must listen to the disc a second time. Songs reveal so all their strength : Paprika is really beautiful and elegant, Tsuki to hashirinagara makes me dreaming, No fear / aisuru koto is cute, Hello and Yuunagi Loop are silly but handsome. Finally, Unison is really strange : nothing is forseeable, that's really good to feel it ; but the siliness exist and makes the song not perfect. Nevertheless, Hanii*kamu is bad according to me ^^, Wakaba already repeats oneself...

To conclude, after a little time I think the songs of Yuunagi Loop are good. But that's not enough. I WANT MAAYA TO EVOLVE AGAIN.
satjam

Post by satjam »

I found most of the Songs are good, not spectacular, but they're pretty much good enough.This album would not be satisfying for those who were expecting the Yoko Kanno's style of composition, but for me this album is good. To be honest, Shounen Alice was little too strong and heavy for me
I'm not a type of guy who sits front of GENELEC and listens to Maaya's CD with the Band Score. Well, maybe I'm not serious enough while listeninng maaya. I don't know.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

'Serious' listeners, eh? :lol:
Noinini

Post by Noinini »

Hello - boring.
Honey Comes - I thought it would be bad, but it was pretty nice. ^_^
Loop - I don't really like Loop. (Don't kill me! ^.^; )
Wakaba - Ohh, I like this one. It sounds bittersweet and calming.
Paprika - very stylish, but a little too slow.
My favorite books - My favourite song from this album.
Tsuki to hashiri nagara - very nice, reminds me of Okinawan music.
NO FEAR/ Aisurukoto - pretty ballad.
Unison - T__T bad. Her voice sounds SO bored! And it's so 80s...
Fuyu Desu Ka - that trumpet in the background spoiled everything.
Yunagi Loop - dreamy, pretty. A little bland, though.
A happy ending - boring.

Overall, I have the feeling that every producer told her "Sound like this or that artist", because it feels like I'm listening to various other artists, but not to what I've come to know as Maaya.
Merri
Posting Freak

Post by Merri »

I agree on what Noinini pointed out: this new album sounds pretty much like "any other popular artist". Generally most of the songs gave me a feeling I were listening to some song that is coming out of the radio. Luckily the songs are atleast closer to what I can listen to and the only song I really wish to skip every time is Honeycomb (or whatever it should be called).

Also what satjam said about Shounen Alice is true for me: too heavy. Sora wo Miro, which is one of the songs I like most in the album, gave me a very strong antireaction the first time I listened to it; too loud, too powerful. And I tend to skip Scrap all the time.

dillpops: there is pretty much no other way to tell a good opinion :) Luckily analysing and thinking about it doesn't make anyone less of a Maaya fan, maybe less fanatic but we can take that as a good thing. Maybe.