NEW ALBUM 'Kazeyomi' OUT! 36,061 first week no.3

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
Yuki-chan

Post by Yuki-chan »

i love Vento!! i love all songs with that mistycal(mystical?!)/mysterious atmosphere...n they r great as walks OSTs HAuAhuHAuHAuhUahUAhuAhuA

Maaya is rly doing great, any cd shop u go here u find a lil stand with her new album with her songs playing(tho is always in the anime section HAhAuHAuHAU)
"Missing someone doesnt mean you are apart but that one day you were together"
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Yeah, I think Maaya is finally hitting the big leagues >_<VV woo!! Stand in the CD shop. When 30mins Night Flight came out there was that HUUUUGEEE poster in Akihabara on the side of a building - I hope it was there this time too!!
jason

Post by jason »

[quote="#F!"]http://www.jvcmusic.co.jp/maaya/kazeyomi/present.html

Answer the questions and win two beautiful wallpapers!

The questions are easy, I used the Goggle Translate.[/quote]
Yeah, It's a very simple marketing survey. But for the lazy folks, here's a direct link to the wallpaper page.
Webmaster of MaayaSakamoto.net fansite
frecklegirl

Post by frecklegirl »

Well yeah, she's always been in the big leagues--in the anime/otaku world. That's nothing new; she's been a big player among the Akihabara crew for years now.

Are there any liner notes for the songs on this album, like there have been for previous albums?
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

They're up on the mini-page at her official site :)
frecklegirl

Post by frecklegirl »

Ooh, they are! Last I checked those buttons weren't up so I'm glad they're there. Still wish I could find liner notes for her earlier albums!
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Total sales on oricon so far: 44,735
frecklegirl

Post by frecklegirl »

Oh, dillpops--did you ever save any 30minutes night flight liner notes or commentary?
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

@frecklegirl: Only the album concept is about, if I remember correctly, it's up here:

http://www.jvcmusic.co.jp/maaya/flight/index.html

I didn't notice at the beginning of 'Guitar-hiki ni naritai na' there's a man going 1, 2, 3, 4! :) new things I noticed!
frecklegirl

Post by frecklegirl »

Oh wow! I didn't know those mini sites stayed up this long!! Gah, I wish this was normal text and not Flash, I can't transcribe the entire thing cause there's some kanji I don't know (hence why I never translated it, but now I'd like to try). dillpops are you able to read all of the kanji and transcribe it into text? Hmm, or, I bet some fan has typed it up online... when I get home I will try searching for it...

Edit: Found the first paragraph online, but nothing else. dilly, do you think you would be able to transcribe the rest (by which I mean, just type it up in Japanese as text), or should I ask a Japanese friend?
_guh

Post by _guh »

Hey, I don't know if it is going to interest you but there was a translation of this "30minutes night flight concept" at wiki.theppn (I don't know who translated >.<)

One night, a girl who just couldn’t fall asleep, despite having turned from side to side a hundred times and heaved a hundred sighs, couldn’t take it any longer and, standing up, opened the window with a creak.

Even though the view from beyond the window would soon turn bright in due time, staring out into the pitch darkness of the night, she couldn’t bring herself to believe that the daybreak would be coming soon.

“If at this rate, the morning doesn’t come…”

And, at that moment, a small, silver toy plane passed by before her eyes. Surprised, she tried to follow it with her eyes, and the next thing she knew, the girl found herself seated in that airplane.

Even without her inputting in any commands, the plane flew ahead smoothly. While passing by numerous streets and countries, and all the boundaries plotted above this planet, she caught a glimpse of the ways in which many people lived from the skies. People living in the world, who were utterly unrelated to her. But, the truth was, everyone resembled her in some way or another – fretting over the same issues, laughing over the same things. And the girl was embarrassed, for having thought, just a few moments ago, that she was the only one in the world who was especially lonely, and who was so sad she couldn’t sleep.

When she noticed it, the plane had already reached outer space. From the planet called Earth, the shining eyes of each and every life living on it reached straight up and outwards just like searchlights, and shone into the dimensions of space. The countless pale searchlights gathered together, and the huge Earth was glimmering. And the girl slowly closed her eyes, feeling calm amidst the embrace of that light.

And when she next opened her eyes, she was in her own bed, in her own room. When she opened the window with a creak, the view beyond the window had already started turning brighter. And the girl thought, “Ah, soon tomorrow shall become today”. When she took in a deep breath, she thought she heard the faint sound of propellers in the distance, moving away from her.

To all those who have experienced nights of sleeplessness. A 30 minutes night flight.
jason

Post by jason »

[quote="dillpops"]
I didn't notice at the beginning of 'Guitar-hiki ni naritai na' there's a man going 1, 2, 3, 4! :) new things I noticed![/quote]
Huh? Are you talking about the very start of the song? I just checked my own ripped mp3s and I don't hear anyone's voice but Maaya's. I don't have the cd with me since I'm at work right now, but I'll check it when I get home.

<EDIT>
Okay, I hear the guy now after jacking up the volume on my computer really high (his voice is really faint). Wow, I guess Victor Ent / flying dog missed that during production. XD

Nice find dilly!
Webmaster of MaayaSakamoto.net fansite
frecklegirl

Post by frecklegirl »

_guh, thank you, I can probably figure out the kanji from this translation now. (I'm still going to translate it myself cause that's part of the fun, but this will help!)
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Frecklegirl, that translation was by Philosoranter from Jpopmusic.com back in the Maaya thread somewhere, I guess _guh beat me to it but I was going to post it up here for you as well. Hope it helps you! Wiki-type pages are terrible for giving credit to people 0_0
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

There wasn't a big Kazeyomi poster in Akiba when I was there but as Yuki said, they were really promoting her album. Animates had a Maaya campaign thing going. They had Kazeyomi playing in lots of shops so I'd go just to listen to the album.