new animes, favorite animes

Place for non-Maaya topics.
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

I'm dropping Haruhi from my favourites list. Eating my own foot while its still attached to me would be more pleasant than watching another episode of the Endless Eight story arc.

Is anyone watching Endless Eight and enjoying it? Anyone?

Edit: this is the only good thing to come out of this arc http://taiyaki.wordpress.com/2009/07/24/kyon-kun-phone/
Aria

Post by Aria »

I'm coming back to Haruhi once endless eight is over. ^^

Right now I'm following CANAAN where Maaya is in the villain role! It's still quite early to say whether it's a good story though.

Also watching CODE GEASS:Lelouch of the Rebellion. Really enjoying this one!
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

You'll have to keep waiting Aria, the latest episode out is still Endless Eight.
Lucky that Full metal alchemist brotherhood, Sora no manimani and Hetalia more than make up for Kadokawa's massive blunder with Haruhi.

Edit: This is the 8th episode of Endless Eight and its still not resolved. WTF, the rumour was it would end in the 8th ep. Why won't it end!

Edit2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiSg02Ll20s The most awsome response to E8. Beware, bad language though.
Aria

Post by Aria »

Ah! I've seen that video! It was hilarious!
8 episodes? I heard it would end at 9 because 8 is too predictable which is something KyoAni does not wish to be.

I'm safely covered for 18 episodes of Endless Eight with this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_LZOfuC ... re=related
XD
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

Bakemonogatari is really good too. There is epic shower scene service in ep2 and awesome dialogue in ep 3. Hitagi Senjogahara makes it onto my 'best anime girl ever' list after only 2 eps. She is the yandere postergirl, verbally abusive, potentially physically violent, pure win.

I saw Canaan, the storyline is a bit thin so far but the animation and the female character design is excellent. Its a pity Maaya doesn't speak more. I'm really starting to like Maria's voice.

Concerning Haruhi, I hope the loop never ends. It would be fun to see the fallout from an entire season of E8. Go on KyoAni! You can do it!
Aria

Post by Aria »

Well, I'm sorry to inform you that Endless Eight has actually, ended.
So it really was just 8 episodes the whole entire time.

Ah well, I now await subs. :)
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

Mazui's Haruhi subs are out. I can imagine the sigh of relief worldwide when Kyon finally got his act together. A real anticlimax though and the damage to the series (at least for me) has been done. Hopefully Hitler can have his Disappearance story arc.

Note to KyoAni: Chicken! Do a whole series of E8, you know you want to...
Aria

Post by Aria »

An anime I'm looking forward to is Kobato. Of course, mostly because I'm an avid fan of CLAMP but the stellar staff and seiyuus make me excited that it will be a great anime! And of course, Maaya will sing the OP but there is a separate discussion about that in the main 'Maaya' forum.

Has anyone here read Kobato.? I wonder if they will have enough material for the anime. Somehow I think I will not mind fillers though.
I believe someone on CLAMP is sharing the scriptwriting so it will turn out well anyways!
itada19

Post by itada19 »

Kobato? I have read those....a girl with scary dog

...whew...endless eight ended....

I'm looking forward for Fairy Tales Anime...
gradualpetrify

Post by gradualpetrify »

what i like most is nasty hentai muahahahah jk.

hmm akira because it created a whole new genre... the cyberpunk (arnt we all cyberpunks), NGE (especially the series) because shinji has some of my characteristics and i like his surname. i also like the private scenes of the every day life at the hq. captain tsubasa when i was 13 as i like soccer, saber rider, street fighter II victory, cats eye when i was 13 because toshi was so funny and hitomi was cute. i always wanted them to find their father. arjuna because the relationship between juna and tokio reminded me of a relation i once had. nature as well.. the beauty of the earth.
i also liked other cartoons like the first he-man series or thundercats.
itada19

Post by itada19 »

I heard that a new Gundam will come out this year or two. Gundam Unicorn...OVA....

I can't wait!

(T_T)
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

I just watched deleted scenes from Escaflowne. It was really strange, one scene had Van, Hitomi, Merle on Escaflowne, Dilandau in his Alseides and the Vione materializing over Tokyo. And they had several alternate end scenes which were not as good as the normal ending. I guess there is a reason why these were left out, Esca is perfect as it is.
alexdwsn12

Post by alexdwsn12 »

My favourite Anime is akira which is the best anime movie by far created. I mean, the animation is incredible, especially since its like 20 years old, it looks better than some anime's out now. Also, the story is good and the action is awesome.
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

FMP 3rd season is almost out.. I think..

The fall of the .. XD

A hidden traitor.. XD

okay, no more spoilers -- zipped --
Leave me a message if you notice someone spamming over here, I'll clean it up for you.
BluWacky

Post by BluWacky »

[quote="Kaimugen"]I just watched deleted scenes from Escaflowne. It was really strange, one scene had Van, Hitomi, Merle on Escaflowne, Dilandau in his Alseides and the Vione materializing over Tokyo. And they had several alternate end scenes which were not as good as the normal ending. I guess there is a reason why these were left out, Esca is perfect as it is.[/quote]

Dredging this up out of the past - none of those were ever in the show. They're all scenes from the Playstation Escaflowne RPG, which follows a different storyline and has those extra scenes in (hence the different endings).

The actual anime had several deleted scenes from the first few episodes (a couple of Hitomi's visions and a scene revealing that the Mole Man ratted them out to Zaibach) but they're all from early on in the show and not near the end.