March 2011 Japan Earthquake and Tsunami

Place for non-Maaya topics.
Jérôme.

March 2011 Japan Earthquake and Tsunami

Post by Jérôme. »

I just heard from the news about the cataclysm the Japan is living right now.
How bad is it ?
:angel: Life is on Maayas, and the posts are hope and promise... :angel:
TomoyoHime

RE: March 2011 Japan Earthquake and Tsunami

Post by TomoyoHime »

Was 8.8 in normal scale!
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Live updates in English:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/blog/20 ... earthquake

And www.bbc.co.uk/news has a special streaming newscast on it. It's pretty bad, the tsunami was10 metres tall apparently.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

NHK now have a streaming news broadcast up for information and news in Japanese:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/nhk-gtv
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

It's a nice time to take a flight to Japan, since the prices plummet XD
Leave me a message if you notice someone spamming over here, I'll clean it up for you.
gradualpetrify

Post by gradualpetrify »

funny... imurann.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Apparently 10,000 people are missing in one town by the coast. The before and after pictures of the quake are shocking. There's nothing left. It's like that picture of Hiromshima after the bomb dropped, just...nothing left. It's so awful.

I really hope they will be able to find some survivors...
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

A young friend of mine, in Japan also said the same thing on her FB wall. She said it was like war (WW2), where nothing is left. I gave some pats* on her head, and said "Daijoubu" :) not to let her worry further.. she's a nice young girl with an iphone :3

The earth does things for a reason, therefore not to let the earth get angry at the land walkers, they must be calm in their hearts. Condolences for the people that have lost their families and friends, perhaps they are in a better place than here (in this world). The least we can do is giving them a moment of silence, respecting the people whom have left us.
Leave me a message if you notice someone spamming over here, I'll clean it up for you.
gradualpetrify

Post by gradualpetrify »

im defenitly against nuclear energy from this day on. before that i wasnt 100% sure. i thought as long as its safe its okay. i never had an earthquake in my mind when thinking about that. to think that 30% of the energy produced in japan comes from nuclear-reactors, thats a bit much. probably because they dont have much other resources, idk.

its also self-aggrandizing to say that you want to go there & help. only veterans with alot of knowledge about emergency management should & its not like japan has no own abilities.
i mean, if i would get a call i would go too, but cmon... im not batman. i wont get a call.
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

from what i heard its 60%... and yes, when a tsunami could make a whole nuclear plant washed away, it sure is frightening.. imagine a wave of 5 stories tall carrying radioactive materials.... hopefully no really serious aftermath regarding these poisonous materials..
it must have been a tough week to handle for japan.. sure this is so sad faced with the wrath of earth that strong.. time will heal.
one of my friend live in sendai for her Phd degree. She's unscratched, thank god.. but right now electricity is so limited.. oh, i hope she doesn't feel too cold when night come and the heater cant be turned on. winter is over... or has it?
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
Musica

Post by Musica »

My deepest condolence to all the victims and the people of Japan. Hope they'll recover from all the grieve and loss soon.
That disaster is really terrible, it's reminds me a lot of tsunami incident in Aceh, Indonesia before... >_<
And now, the people there also start to lack of food and clean water. Moreover, about the nuclear radiation... That's just terrible...
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Akino Arai has uploaded a song for the victims of the earthquake :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0EAmjFC-Fo
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

thanks for the link dilly...
shes one of my fave too.. :)
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.