Fantastic moving lyric...Kinobori to Akai Skirt

Lyrics, tablature and sheetmusic of Maaya's songs... and all that is related.
Windpaths

Fantastic moving lyric...Kinobori to Akai Skirt

Post by Windpaths »

I have to confess that I haven't listened to Lucy for enough time to get an impression on every track. (Usually I tend to listen to a single song for EVER) So I only discovered Kinobori to Akai Skirt some days ago when I happend to run through every song in Lucy, reading the lyrics. It gave me a shock.....

Romanised lyric:
http://www.animelyrics.com/jpop/sakamoto/ktas.htm

Probably it is not one of the nicest tune, but the when it combines with its lyric it's just moving... I hate my broken English which doesn't allow me to translate it with its original taste (well, even if I use Chinese, I don't think I can translate this piece of work well), but I can't stop telling the story (Excuse my English =_=):

On a big, big snowy day, two of us met each other
You were little, standing on tiptoe to open the windows on the second floor
I just happend to come down...

After that, no matter where we went we were together
You were a crybaby, your tears flowed over my wings
I always got a bit wet, being troubled...

When I was still an angel
I saw all the world in you
We could talk to all the things...

On the first day of entering school, we were late
Though you are a girl, you are good at climbing trees
You picked strawberries and were lost in the dream...

And then, how many winters, springs and autumns had passed
You suddenly became taciturn
You can't even hear my energetic voice calling you from your chest-pocket

When I was still an angel
I was dreaming of you every day
I believed that dreams could come true...

"You can't see me anymore after you grew up
I got to know that even angels cry, for the first time, at that time"

I threw away my wings, and when I met you again
That was two years ago, also on a snowy day
You were standing before me, so pretty that I almost couldn't tell

Although I'm not an angel anymore
Although I can't return to be an angel anymore
I hope that you live on with all happiness
I will always stay with you
I will protect you from things that might hurt you
protect you from everything....

I know it's a almost cliched story, but when the lyric combines with the music and Maaya's angel-like voice, it just makes me T_T. Notice that the piano plays a sort of rhythm which sounds like snow-falling to me... There is just a imagery of whiteness and pureness.

When the song runs to "You can't see me anymore after you grew up", the voice seems to come from a telephone, which really stresses a sense of distance (lonely T_T).. And for me, somehow, it seems that her voice in the phone is never heard. (a right word to express my feeling: todokenai)

The song is like a series of old photos, recording beautiful moments together, but comparing with the reality of separating it is very sad.

Anyway, stop here = = = = I don't want to flood here with my tears. :D
Tenson

Post by Tenson »

If I'm not wrong the title means "Tree Climbing and Red Skirt". I found in the lyrics something about 'climbing trees', but I have no clue about the meaning of 'red skirt'. Can you help me? :?

Best wishes!
Megumi

Post by Megumi »

Yes it's a beautiful story :cry:
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

[quote="Tenson"]If I'm not wrong the title means "Tree Climbing and Red Skirt". I found in the lyrics something about 'climbing trees', but I have no clue about the meaning of 'red skirt'. Can you help me? :?

Best wishes![/quote]

The girl was probably wearing a red skirt.

it's a cute story...
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

here comes a very late post,,

just a short comment,, i wanna hear that song instantly!!

edit:
actually hasn't listened for it yet,, but somehow i found the tune in my head,, i can easily forget a song's title,, but then i look through the discography and found it's on the 6th track of lucy,, and then it appears.. yes now i could feel the song combined with the lyric.. and i have a feeling i wanna hear more when i arrive home this night. :D

the "chu chu chu" background sound is developing in my head right now
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

Reminds me of something from the past..

Just to tell you guys in brief, was a dream I remembered a long time before, well during we're small we believe in many many things right? I believe back then that there was a supernatural power that can grant me three of my wishes, and it did all come true. Well I become a believer on that moment. I was 7 back then.

There was a mysterious dream I met during those young age, there was a lady in one of my dream, we were on a veranda, I was walking up the stairs to her, hugging her and she whispers to me softly "I was waiting for you".

My first and last love ended in a dream. Never did love someone totally now.. and to think that I caught my attention to someone older than me, she was my "angel" back then and now.

Hey I'm not making this up. It's real. lol

# # #

Some of the lyrics part, as for my comment. Though I might be guessing for some of them..

"Though you are a girl, you are good at climbing trees "
> Though you pick on a girl,...
*horny kid XD lalala

It seems that little guys whom climb trees are hyperactive, so I figured he must be the one disturbing the cute girls in school. But the angel just sees him in her invisible form.

Yeah I understand this part quite well, been doing my own imaginary stuffs back then when I was little.
Leave me a message if you notice someone spamming over here, I'll clean it up for you.
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

"You can't see me anymore after you grew up
I got to know that even angels cry, for the first time, at that time"
the worst thing is when someone don't notice you eventhough ur there,,, the same goes to talking.. i hate it when people don't pay attention to what im saying

my favourite lines,,
yea the voice look like lonely to me.. and the guitar part after that was also sound classic,, but in the last two paragraph,, i was hoping that the melody/composition or vocal tone was a little bit different. so that the conclusion of the story match the song well.. besides that, the song is so strong that could made u melt.
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.