[en] language codes

International, use <b>your</b> language!
LennStar

[en] language codes

Post by LennStar »

why closed topic? :odd:

I would say, that more language codes should be included, if the thread-opener wants it. e.g.
[de] (en) (jp)
would say, that "normal" language is german, but english and japanese is OK, too. (But with the risk that other people except the opener aren't good at the additional languages)
Especially for questions is giving only one language a bad idea, because without english I think nearly nobody would read it.
Merri
Posting Freak

Post by Merri »

I thought everyone would see the appropriate topic for complaining at notice board, but I guessed wrong ^_^;;

In the other hand I've noticed it to confuse people if a clear "do things this way" thread has other messages included it. So that's a reason to lock it, we can use this topic now to discuss about the additions and other guidelines relating to internationalization (I love this word!).
Now stuck in programming JavaScript
LennStar

Post by LennStar »

[quote="Merri"]I thought everyone would see the appropriate topic for complaining at notice board, but I guessed wrong ^_^;;

In the other hand I've noticed it to confuse people if a clear "do things this way" thread has other messages included it. So that's a reason to lock it, we can use this topic now to discuss about the additions and other guidelines relating to internationalization (I love this word!).[/quote]

I don't see it now, and I'm looking for it :D Or have you closed it?

The "not see" can have several simple reasons: If you go through the forums from up to down or the other way (I always open every thread with a new post and then go through them and close the tabs after reading) and if you see that it is new. Your answer wasn't shown as a new post for example.

btw: If you know how to make a wbblite work with unicode UTF-8, I would be very very happy if you write me a PM.
btw2: the german "Umlaute" öäü aren't shown in the text outside the text-area of the posts. I only wanted to mention it. ;)
Merri
Posting Freak

Post by Merri »

I don't know about wbblite, but I'm working on the German character problems. The language file has converted incorrectly long long time ago when I switched the forum to UTF-8, so that means there is a lot of work to do now to fix the file. Especially as I don't speak German.
Now stuck in programming JavaScript