Fans.maayas.net!

Support & site news.
Merri
Posting Freak

Fans.maayas.net!

Post by Merri »

I guess we have to plan this a bit so we can make something that really works for us :) So, I can setup about any possible system we can find to the webspace so we could do community effort site there. It should be easy to use and so on, multiple people would have admin rights etc. We already have a wiki where we can post some information and it is completely free to edit by anyone.

So, how about a blog system? WordPress is pretty nice and easy to use. I guess it has some extensions to it so it can be used to other than blogging as well.

This for the technical part... what would be the general idea? Would it be pure Maaya or should there be some freedom to other Japanese subjects (music in general, anime, manga, Japanese culture etc.)? What would you like to do?
Now stuck in programming JavaScript
Tenson

Post by Tenson »

hummm... a blog?
But for what? for posting news? I'm not sure what else could we do with a blog... :roll:
Maybe, before a blog, we should do something useful with the wiki (I have to keep working on the discography thing :oops: )
misssakura

Post by misssakura »

I think posting about lots of different news could help draw lots more people to the forum...
Merri
Posting Freak

Post by Merri »

As far as I know, it should be possible to post just plain articles using WordPress. Blog can have much more personal level opinions than a wiki, which is for "exact" information :) So news and articles are a possibility.

I agree about the news, good amount of them would attract more people.
Sora

Post by Sora »

[quote="Merri"]As far as I know, it should be possible to post just plain articles using WordPress. Blog can have much more personal level opinions than a wiki, which is for "exact" information :) So news and articles are a possibility.

I agree about the news, good amount of them would attract more people.[/quote]
(well, we had a news system, but in the end, no one was using it... [too bad because it was multi-lingual ;_;])
☆NIKOPACHI☆ Love and... Peace !! \(^O^)/
Merri
Posting Freak

Post by Merri »

Yeah, it didn't work as well as we liked, but it was mostly because we didn't have much anything to write about... not all that many Maaya news out there. With a blog we could have more freedom on what to write. It could be just something like "what happened last week/month on the forum" summary post or just some other important music news... I don't know, I can't gather anything because I don't read Japanese.
chibiNekomancer

Post by chibiNekomancer »

Any chance in making a gallery?

It could be photos of Maaya (i don't think they are that many... at least not the popular ones...Sora's collection is another matter @__@)

Or maybe fanart, that could be drawings (jejeje) or wallpapers :o

Any chance on the music scores being uploaded?

I see there are quite some samples of music sheets of her music, so maybe it would be a good idea to organize them and keep them for all to practice her music ;)

...er..... i remember something about lyrics... x____x
Neko ga Suki na Anata to
Inu ga Suki na Watashi
-- Neko to Inu, Maaya Sakamoto
Sora

Post by Sora »

[quote="Merri"]Yeah, it didn't work as well as we liked, but it was mostly because we didn't have much anything to write about... not all that many Maaya news out there. With a blog we could have more freedom on what to write. It could be just something like "what happened last week/month on the forum" summary post or just some other important music news... I don't know, I can't gather anything because I don't read Japanese.[/quote]
Well, summarizing what happened last week / month on the forum would be hard work (and take a lot of time) x___X

The nice thing about a blog is that people will be able to comment on everything we will say ; but it will surely be all in English... :s it's not fair for non-English speaking fans :( ((
☆NIKOPACHI☆ Love and... Peace !! \(^O^)/
Merri
Posting Freak

Post by Merri »

Yes, language is a problem. It seems the project I had in my over year ago is about the only which had true multilingual capabilities. Yet it didn't catch much interest, so I had to abandon it.

Writing to a blog in multiple languages is pretty hard.