Changing the nature of the site?

Support & site news.
Merri
Posting Freak

Changing the nature of the site?

Post by Merri »

I was pondering... I wrote a page about Maaya Sakamoto to the Finnish Wikipedia and since I don't have the resources to setup and run wikis in multiple languages, what if we start coordinating Maaya related stuff to Wikipedia? We can do this in each own language and keep Maaya related information up-to-date (it was me who updated the English Maaya page the last time; I'd like to do more edits since I think there are some errors in the given information).

So, what if we look for what we can do, where elsewhere we can help in Maaya related stuff and improve Maaya knowledge and fandom on the web that way? We could count that as a "fanclub activity" :)

I've been thinking about updating our own wiki a bit so it fits to the forum design. I've also thought about moving the forum to be the main site, so by going to http://maayas.net/ you would find the forum. As for the nature of the wiki, it is probably the best it is in English only. However, we could do translations for lyrics for the least. The wiki frontpage could link to the major sites that we work for, namely Wikipedia could be one if we started improving it.

Edit Oh, and how about having a "membership icon"? We could use that to place on our sites, homepages and blogs to show the membership to this unofficial club :) Rather easy to have one: register and you can use the membership icon. I guess there should be various sizes that can be used in blogs and sites; there are some standard sizes afaik.
Now stuck in programming JavaScript
Jérôme.

Post by Jérôme. »

I like the 2 ideas, even if I don't have a web page yet :) )
Merri
Posting Freak

Post by Merri »

I did some wikiwork... I removed spambot content (kill all the spammers!) and then refined the idea of lyrics and albums. So...

Grapegruit lyrics
Grapegruit album

As you can see, I'm using the Japanese song titles for lyrics, but use the romanized English titles for albums. I hope this is a clear system for making difference between cds and songs, so that there won't be a need to title album pages like Grapefruit (album) and songs like Grapefruit (song).

Note: afaik we should have a permission to copy lyrics from Waxin' Lyrical, I asked for it over two years ago or so. At the time I was collecting a lyrics database to my site, but didn't manage to make it full.
roxfan

Post by roxfan »

I think you should have a look at MaayaSakamotoMuseum for ideas on how to organize the wiki pages.
Merri
Posting Freak

Post by Merri »

Thanks for the link. Seems that site is based on custom made script or one that isn't really wikilike, so it can't be used as-is, but atleast it is a good resource and helps to give image of all the stuff the wiki could have :)
Merri
Posting Freak

Post by Merri »

I have now made some changes. I added wikilink to the forum pages (left top corner) and made wiki share the same top bar as we have here in the forums. The wiki is finally personalized a bit.

Wrote some information to the Events page.
Merri
Posting Freak

Post by Merri »

The forum is now located at http://maayas.net/
All old urls and links are automatically redirected to their new location. Atleast they should be, please tell me if there are problems :)