Life goes on: a retirement

Support & site news.
Merri
Posting Freak

Life goes on: a retirement

Post by Merri »

As you've seen, I haven't been able to get any time to work on Maaya's for a good period of time. The loss of data back in the spring was a really critical turning point: just when things started to roll, we lost a good bit of data from the most active wiki month ever on Maaya's. I got angry and lost interest.

And things have stayed pretty quiet since then. Except on my real life. I have a new girlfriend; I'm finally moving out of home; and I soon have a job that will make sure I'm short of any spare time. I'll be staying in the background, but I can't be The Administrator anymore. I just don't have the time and the interest.

So, what to do from now on? We have a few choices:
  1. Let things stay as they are. Maybe give someone else admin rights, but nothing will really change besides new wiki content and forum posts.
  2. Give the domain and forum files and database to someone who has the ability and interest to run Maaya's.
  3. Move the community into a free host or just somewhere else. Let the domain go.
With the choice one, the only thing I'll be doing are the forum updates. And I of course will post every now and then.

With the choice two, someone can take over the whole thing. This would be something that I'd prefer, because it'd let the community evolve in the future and not just stay in the old ways. Someone else might have a vision for Maaya's and could make the community flourish; as a thought, Maaya's probably can't keep living only on Maaya.

The last choice is the worst in many ways, but still a possibility if there is noone to keep care of the lambs, one to really take a big responsibility known as being The Administrator.
Now stuck in programming JavaScript
Megumi

Post by Megumi »

Tenson

Post by Tenson »

I think that actually the first one is the best.
Let's see how things go from now on... maybe next year we'll find the best option is another one.
Dalai

Post by Dalai »

I think the first one can be a good decision, but if the forum still stopped and not evolves maybe the most active users or older users may admin the site.
chrono

Post by chrono »

I'm sorry to hear that things have taken a turn for the worse here while I've been away.

I would agree that option #2 is a good one. Obviously finding that dedicated someone would be critical, but Maaya's was literally my one-stop Maaya info page for a while. I would certainly like to see it thrive, driven by the passion of the admin and the many Maaya fans out there.

Season's greetings, and I wish you and Maaya's the best ^_^
Jérôme.

Post by Jérôme. »

as I'm a bit like you, aka I almost don't come here anymore, I think the primary option is the most efficient....
at least waiting for somebody to have the ability to make the 2nd possible :)
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

I think number 1 is the best. No.2 is also acceptable but no one is as talented as you merri :cry:
frecklegirl

Post by frecklegirl »

The lack of activity here is directly related to Maaya's relative lack of activity, I think. Once things get going with the new mini-album (as we've seen already!), more of us will flock back and get active. :)
misssakura

Post by misssakura »

Most fan forums have their periods of 'down time.' It'll perk up.
If you have any poo, better fling it now.