Post count titles

Support & site news.
frecklegirl

Post count titles

Post by frecklegirl »

Whats up with the post count titles? "Maayaa fanaatiko," "Maayaa laavaa." Who came up with them? And why are they such bad fake Japanese >_< Like "Maayaa" what's the need for the extra 'a' on the end? Her name is only ever Maaya. And words like "Nyybii" which are clearly meant to be Japanese-sounding but which are not Japanese words. If anything it should be "Nyuubi" or something, you know?

Maybe these are meant to be funny and making fun of this kind of fake Japanese? I'm not sure. But they come off more serious than funny.

Can we like... go through and make new ones that are actually real Japanese? Or at least fix the spelling on some of them? We've got enough Japanese speakers here to do so, right? I feel like this is embarrassing... I mean it's just all so incorrect...

my apologies to whoever came up with it originally!
misssakura

Post by misssakura »

You mean I can't ever attain the title of "MAAYAA ストカー?" They have that one, right?
If you have any poo, better fling it now.
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

Thats for fanboys only. I want 'Maaya filed a restraining order on me' title.
misssakura

Post by misssakura »

You should totally get it.
LennStar

Post by LennStar »

Yes, I was a bit worried about the titles first. But in a strange way, I like them. ^^ I thinks its

Maybe these are meant to be funny and making fun of this kind of fake Japanese?
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

I'm used to them, we've had them forever 0-o does anybody even bother looking at what they are...?
harmonium

Post by harmonium »

I agree, they're kind of irritating. Although 'Maaya Lavaa' cracks me up because I tend to take it as Maaya Lava -- as in volcanic lava. But that's just me ....

If enough people want it, we could change them. I guess we should put it to a formal vote, in poll form or something.
misssakura

Post by misssakura »

No, I think that too.
Merri
Posting Freak

Post by Merri »

The titles were made four years back when the forum was made. Or maybe they were there even earlier, when the forum was still a part of Mount Maaya, that'd date even as far back as 2003 or 2002. I can remember my original idea behind them though: I wanted to make them as obscure as possible so that they wouldn't work in the fashion that people would post only to get "better" titles.

I'm not in a very decisive mood at the moment. So this is all I say for now.
Now stuck in programming JavaScript
Tenson

Post by Tenson »

Ah, I have always though the titles were like that because they have some little suomi taste :o
(Merri is Finnish, you know)
Merri
Posting Freak

Post by Merri »

Now we have no titles.
Now stuck in programming JavaScript