Sample song

Support & site news.
Merri
Posting Freak

Sample song

Post by Merri »

Due to humongo two requests on IRC, I guess we should put up a sample clip of some song. The problem: which song? Or do we make a remix of few songs? Any other ideas?
Now stuck in programming JavaScript
misssakura

Post by misssakura »

You could always make a compilation, for example you could take the radio live man saying "sakamoto maaya: shounen alice" and then just do 20 second clips with maaya doing a bit of talking in between each one.....i'm probably missing the point of what you're saying ^^;
chibiNekomancer

Post by chibiNekomancer »

IRC? >_>

How bout imitating the commercials of maaya's album releases; a bit of song, a bit of intro, a bit of song.

What would the sample song be for??, im not getting the poing (in saying... IRC?)
Neko ga Suki na Anata to
Inu ga Suki na Watashi
-- Neko to Inu, Maaya Sakamoto
misssakura

Post by misssakura »

With all the talking material from radio and video you could easily piece together a crapload of good songs.
Merri
Posting Freak

Post by Merri »

Nah, I didn't mean to have talking.

chibi, the requests came from non-Maaya fans who wanted to hear what she sounds like. I can't share files and in the other hand it is illegal to share the files, I guess I won't place full songs on the server (in the fear of losing the server). Fan's life is hard...

Anyways, any suggestions on what songs? Should the songs be as different as they can go... like if the compilation had five songs, there wouldn't be two songs that fits well on one persons taste?

I know most of you people have far different taste from mine, even if we're all Maaya fans :)

Anyways, my picks for the song in the compilation:
- Birds
- Bokura no Rekishi
- Cloud 9
- Feel Myself
- Kodoku
- Life is Good
- Mameshiba
- Orange Iro to Yubikiri
- Pilot
- Rule ~ Iro Asenai Hibi
- Sora wo Miro
- T-Shirt
- Tomodachi
- Yucca

...because these are basically the songs I like the most to listen to. So... anyone with suggestions? What songs are a must?
misssakura

Post by misssakura »

bike
sanctuary
aoi hitomi
yubiwa
rule~asenai hibi
honey bunny

quirky compilation:
1. Peace
2. Kimidori!
3. Trust me
4. Rule asenai hibi
5. Hasiru

Progession compilation
1. Yubiwa/Aoi hitomi
2. Mameshiba/Watashi wa yadda yadda
3. fado/daniel
4. cloud 9
5. yoru/okitegami

To show how her voice has progressed? I dunno :(

My opinion is also that ANY song you pick will be good, with the exception of stuff like GO FOR IT! primary days! and bitter sweet XO

oh oh..don't know if its any help, but I had a friend around a while back, he wasn't a maaya fan, and hemisphere came on, and he thought it was so great that he went home and downloaded it - thats somebody who doesn't really like japanese singing. Even if I don't like hemisphere much anymore I think for some reason it really appeals to those who haven't experienced japanese music before.

Man, every combination is good :'(

A MUST song in my opinion might actually be kiseki no umi just cus it was the first maaya song I ever heard and I thought it was so different to every other japanese singer out there that it had me hooked. :3
chibiNekomancer

Post by chibiNekomancer »

The following selection is made so people who don't know Maaya can hear her out, or so i think.

The songs are supposed to exalt Maaya's ability as a singer in different roles: ballad, sweet, genki (forgot word in english), fast paced, etc.

Chibis Select:

1. Vector, this songs has a good tune and cool lyrics easy to get. :wacko:
2. Bike, in the part where she sings radio like; its in 2:59 aprox... go hear it now! XD
3. Kuuki to Hoshi, this songs really illustrates Maaya's voice, since there are a lot of parts where she holds notes (really cool! :) ).
4. Hemisphere, i agree, this song has great rythm and a Maaya fan maker! :lol:

Don't know if another is necessary, since we are looking for a sample song made of bits of many! (sound horrid doesn't it...). Well in any case, fading between songs are a must!, so.... now all is left is to post the url to get the sample song! XD

PD. chibi's thoughts are usually not earth bound, opinions on songs may vary from people to persons.... but chibi is a Maaya fan at heart! ^^
Neko ga Suki na Anata to
Inu ga Suki na Watashi
-- Neko to Inu, Maaya Sakamoto
Tenson

Post by Tenson »

I have heard about Radio.blog, an stand-alone player. It lets you stream sound on a website. It needs a server that supports PHP.
With that player you can make a playlist and let the visitors hear all of them or only the ones selected. It uses the swf format for the songs.

The link to the site: http://www.radioblogclub.com/
The link to the how-to: http://213.186.46.87/~radioblo/forums/v ... .php?t=172
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

I don't know, I'm not sure some of the songs suggested would convert people to Maaya. Let me have a think about them, I'll post back later.

A way to sample the files is to put them into real player format, you can't put those onto a CD so it wouldn't be helping them to burn music or anything. http://www.j-poop.com does that, so does j-fan.com. Another option is just to give a 1 minute sample of each song...?
misssakura

Post by misssakura »

My problem with vector is mainly the fact that maayas english (god bless her) is rather horrible.....

it seems bike and hemisphere are definites though....
Tenson

Post by Tenson »

My contribution.

Songs that MUST :P be in the sample playlist:
(not in any specific order)

I.D.
Kiseki no Umi
Mameshiba
Gravity
Vector (Karaoke is also fine :lol :)
Kuuki to Hoshi
Inori
Uchuu Hikoushi no Uta
Sora wo Miro
Midori no Hane

Songs I'd like to see in the sample list:
(not in any specific order)

Green Bird
Feel Myself
An Orange Coloured Promise
Sono Mama de Iinda
Hashiru
Yukka
Dive
Tomodachi
Light of Love
Sky of Strobes
Yoake no Kaze Kikinagara
Gathering Rain
Afternoon Repose
Danieru
Okitegami
Hikari Are
Park Amsterdan (c/w)
Hemisphere
Kimidori
misssakura

Post by misssakura »

haha, you've listed about half of her repetoire XD
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

MUST songs:
Yakusoku wa Iranai
Getsyou no Asa
CALL YOUR NAME
mameshiba
here
tune the rainbow
Makiba Alice

I tried to go through her releases and select the songs I thought would best display Maaya's many different styles. :maaya:
misssakura

Post by misssakura »

man, when I heard all those songs you listed for the first time I hated them so much XO
Merri
Posting Freak

Post by Merri »

What Maaya song has the best opening? The song I liked the most when I heard its opening is Feel Myself. I really REALLY fell in love with that song and were real sad I didn't get a full high quality song in the first place, only a short clip.

Other songs with a great opening? And a song with a great ending? Tomodachi?