It has started!

Support & site news.
Merri
Posting Freak

Post by Merri »

Is there a copy without a shadow? It is easiest to work with just black and white, because the technique bases on just the two colors. Anyways, I try to figure out how to remove the shadow manually... a new challenge.
Now stuck in programming JavaScript
Sora

Post by Sora »

I work with layers so, it's easy to remove shadow :)
Merri
Posting Freak

Post by Merri »

I made two versions. One with a shadow at 1280 x 1024 (my desktop size) and another in 2500 x 2000. I think they came out pretty good. 2500 x 2000 should be enough to print to A4 :)

Edit These were based on the shadowed version... ^^;;
Merri
Posting Freak

Post by Merri »

And then the very last one, based on the one without the shadow. In this one I didn't do manual editing (use mouse in the image), I just used the functions Paint Shop Pro provided me :)
Sora

Post by Sora »

Wow O____O Sugoi !!! ^o^

How do you do that ???
Quality seems still good ; omedetou !!! ^_______^
(really think of printing it on a t-shirt ^-^)
Merri
Posting Freak

Post by Merri »

What I'm doing is removing the blurred grey areas. When you shrink an image, a narrow white line in black becomes grey. Thus I first resize the image bigger and then sharpen the image (Paint Shop Pro 7 has a tool which lets you edit how the sharpen works). After sharpening I round the worst edges, then I sharpen a bit differently again, make it bigger and then round the result again. Then if required I do a little sharpening and then convert the image to pure black and white with threshold tool. Before doing the threshold there usually is still some grey that links dark areas where there should be white, but threshold should do the work :)
Tenson

Post by Tenson »

Thank you all for this fine work!
I have downloaded the PNGs for make my own wallpapers.
I expect to post a link during that week where you can view/download all the wallpapers I have done related to Maaya.
Tenson

Request

Post by Tenson »

:maayagrin: Konnichiwaaaa!

Today I have a request:

I think that have a [newest first] link -like in Mount Maaya Forum- could be a good thing, specially in pultipaged topics like this one. I'm tired to write &postorder=desc! :P
Merri
Posting Freak

Post by Merri »

Ah, yeah, I gotta add that one :) Weird that nobody else have done it. Maybe I make a mod of it :maayagrin: