Moved from phpBB2 to MyBB

Support & site news.
Merri
Posting Freak

Moved from phpBB2 to MyBB

Post by Merri »

As phpBB2 has long been unsupported I finally got myself together to upgrade to another software. I ended up choosing MyBB as it should fit the needs of this site very well.

There are tons of new features, but you may also have issues with things such as logging in. If you encounter any problems please let me know, you can use the Contact Us link at the bottom left of the page to send me an e-mail.
Last edited by Merri on 2010-09-23 14:59, edited 1 time in total.
Now stuck in programming JavaScript
Merri
Posting Freak

RE: Moved from phpBB2 to MyBB

Post by Merri »

And immediately had to install some spam blocking ^_^;;

reCAPTCHA attempts to prevent bot registrations while Akismet manages spam messages that may get through.
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

make the background bluee XD
Last edited by Imurann on 2010-09-20 03:47, edited 1 time in total.
Leave me a message if you notice someone spamming over here, I'll clean it up for you.
nijibug

Post by nijibug »

The new version of the site looks gorgeoussss :heart:
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

if we placed the bg-image to center center in the css.. can predict where to place the image, so we can see her face there. like this one, is blocked in the center as you can see it..

or want to cut out the pictures from 'feel myself' PV.. maaya's cute faces XD
Hi Nijibug!! XD
Last edited by Imurann on 2010-09-20 03:53, edited 1 time in total.
Leave me a message if you notice someone spamming over here, I'll clean it up for you.
nijibug

Post by nijibug »

Also, Admin - just a note...

Not sure if this is a legit worry, but it seems that any registered user has the ability to edit the wiki pages. This is fine for info like discography and songs etc, but for, say, the home page, I believe something like restricted access is in order?
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Woah 0_0 change!
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

wiki has 'constant' observers, so I guess it's okay.. and it has a function to revert if there is anything going south.

I'd be ideal to have latest info + pictures from fans (for example) whom went for the concert, or telling us how it was in the wiki. etc etc

not like wikipedia, which it has really a strong community that almost filter everything.. lol
yf19-sama

Post by yf19-sama »

Nice work on the update, thanks!
Nescient and ignorants think we have Freedom few KNOW that's actually just a illusion.
Merri
Posting Freak

Post by Merri »

The wiki is very much "free form" at the moment. You're welcome to discuss on how to take advantage of it. If somebody or a group of people wants to maintain a page with the latest Maaya news & info (as a summary) that is fine by me. This is a fan site so it doesn't hurt it to show :) There are only some pages that need to be kept formal, mostly discography, roles, apperances and such.

I don't have that much time to spare for the wiki, but I can keep an eye on edits & deal with moderation, which I hope wont be necessary.

Oh and the whole update thing... I didn't plan it beforehand, at all. I just did it in some four hours (I guess) after having an inspiration to do it.
Last edited by Merri on 2010-09-20 14:11, edited 1 time in total.
Merri
Posting Freak

Post by Merri »

Installed language packs; unfortunatenaly there is no Chinese or Japanese language pack for MyBB 1.6 available, which were both included when we had phpBB2.
Last edited by Merri on 2010-09-21 02:26, edited 1 time in total.
nijibug

Post by nijibug »

Merri wrote: And immediately had to install some spam blocking ^_^;;

reCAPTCHA attempts to prevent bot registrations while Akismet manages spam messages that may get through.
Akismet seems to have "banned" me, but I'm not sure how this works...
I seem to still be able to reply to threads but I'll have to see if this reply is able to post?
Merri
Posting Freak

Post by Merri »

You had a lot of links in your posts and it seems like you edited the same post a lot of times, so this probably made Akismet think you're a spammer. I cleared it up so it shouldn't bother you for now :)
nijibug

Post by nijibug »

Merri wrote: You had a lot of links in your posts and it seems like you edited the same post a lot of times, so this probably made Akismet think you're a spammer. I cleared it up so it shouldn't bother you for now :)
Thanks so much! I figured it might be the links.
I did hit 'Preview Post' several times before posting - were those what registered as edits?
Merri
Posting Freak

Post by Merri »

Probably so; I guess I could throw a bug report on that to the MyBB developers, if it isn't already reported.