Moved from phpBB2 to MyBB

Support & site news.
Merri
Posting Freak

RE: Moved from phpBB2 to MyBB

Post by Merri »

I changed some of the colors to brown. This includes all the buttons such as New Reply, Email, PM, Report etc. in all languages (you can change the language in bottom right dropdown box on each page btw).

If you can't see any changes use the Refresh button on your browser, or press Ctrl + Shift + R

I'll change the colors slowly over the time back to the brownish theme we've had for years :)
Last edited by Merri on 2010-10-23 14:23, edited 1 time in total.
Now stuck in programming JavaScript
Jérôme.

Post by Jérôme. »

Merri wrote: Jérôme: I store the backup as a SQL text file. I need to filter stuff such as private messages before I could give it.
Sir ! Yes Sir ! I'm Waiting Sir !
Jérôme.

Post by Jérôme. »

I can "Edit" my old post, but not the new ones...
I think it would be better to still be able to edit old ones... like if there is something you mispelled or so.
Any way of doing it ?
Jérôme.

Post by Jérôme. »

It seems in fact it depends on the sub-forum or thread the post is in :
I can edit my post from YCCM thread for example, but not this very one here...
frecklegirl

Post by frecklegirl »

Is there a way to get the country flags back? That was always my favorite part of the old board, and it made it easy to see who's from where.
Merri
Posting Freak

Post by Merri »

There seems to be no recent mod for that, there is one that is almost five years old and would probably require some changes in order to work with the current MyBB 1.6

For the moment I'm too tired to have a look at it, having issues getting enough sleep.
Merri
Posting Freak

Post by Merri »

... and despite that I upgraded MyBB to the most recent version and removed a lot of those recent spambots that probably used some backdoor in the old version to get their registrations through.
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

i seriously dont get these things merri-san >> very limited from computer science. >.
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
Merri
Posting Freak

Post by Merri »

Bad things happened and I made them right.
deltafour

Post by deltafour »

Merri wrote: Bad things happened and I made them right.
I'm going to stop explaining how I fix things at my job and just say this instead.
http://sakamotomaaya.com/ (Collected translations of Maaya Sakamoto news, essays, interviews, and articles)
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

aww.. now as i think we're really depend on you, merri. i may never said it, but thanks for everything. :D
i wish i could understand more about these "mysterious topic".
as i saying this i remembered yesterday or the day before i see some commercial again at the main thread, and now it's gone :)
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
Merri
Posting Freak

Post by Merri »

deltafour wrote:
I'm going to stop explaining how I fix things at my job and just say this instead.
I've noticed there is a certain magic at looking things in their simplest possible form. Earlier I used to provide a ton of information, and while I still do it for some people I don't do it for everyone, because most people aren't simply good at getting that much detailed information at once. Seems like they get confused on each little detail and fail to see the big picture. And work is indeed a good place to be in contact with all kinds of people.

Anyway, the problem isn't resolved yet, a lot of spambots getting through. I'll have to have a look at the registration mechanism.
roxfan

Post by roxfan »

Maybe add some non-standard stuff to throws bots off. E.g. this blog uses a simple radio button which the poster has to toggle, and that's enough to disable 99% of the automated posts.
Merri
Posting Freak

Post by Merri »

There appears to be an issue with the reCAPTCHA, it seems as if it not working at all. Also, I haven't noticed a mod for MyBB that would allow for adding just simple questions that would be very much enough. I haven't really trusted CAPTCHA in years, reCAPTCHA is somewhat the best but if it doesn't work I'll rather use just simple non-googleable text questions.

A sample question could be: "what is the first name of Sakamoto (five letters, latin)?"

Even if a bot would use Google to find an answer, it would most likely get something like Dave or Scott (the first to names I got by trying that question).