Moderators

Support & site news.
Merri
Posting Freak

Moderators

Post by Merri »

When I moved to the new forum software I had a look into who had moderator rights and removed everyone that hadn't been online this year. I also changed all moderators to be Super Moderators (= rights for moderating everywhere).

The current moderators are Bazaa, dillpops, Megumi and Tenson.

I guess for the moment we don't need more, but I guess it is worthwhile to check whether the above still want to be moderators. Some people have had mod rights since 2004 when the board started so I guess it is about time to have some checking on this department :D
Last edited by Merri on 2010-09-23 14:59, edited 1 time in total.
Now stuck in programming JavaScript
dillpops
Posting Freak

RE: Moderators

Post by dillpops »

Merri wrote: When I moved to the new forum software I had a look into who had moderator rights and removed everyone that hadn't been online this year. I also changed all moderators to be Super Moderators (= rights for moderating everywhere).

The current moderators are Bazaa, dillpops, Megumi and Tenson.

I guess for the moment we don't need more, but I guess it is worthwhile to check whether the above still want to be moderators. Some people have had mod rights since 2004 when the board started so I guess it is about time to have some checking on this department :D
I'm pretty much on here everyday so I'm fine with continuing to moderate, if that's ok with everyone. Has it really been six years since Maaya's started? Wow.
Merri
Posting Freak

Post by Merri »

Yeah, by now 6½ years. And we had a forum even before that! I had Mount Maaya Sakamoto back in the days and the merri.net forum started it's life sometime in 2003... I think. I don't have any backups from that forum. Started fresh with maayas.net :)
Last edited by Merri on 2010-09-21 20:14, edited 1 time in total.
nijibug

Post by nijibug »

Merri wrote: Yeah, by now 6½ years. And we had a forum even before that! I had Mount Maaya Sakamoto back in the days and the merri.net forum started it's life sometime in 2003... I think. I don't have any backups from that forum. Started fresh with maayas.net :)
Now that's dedication. :heart:

Long live maayas.net!
Last edited by Merri on 2010-09-21 21:57, edited 1 time in total.
Merri
Posting Freak

Post by Merri »

Well, if you can call it that; I've been mostly idling and doing a lot of other things than this site. And truth to be told, I had a depression sucking most of my energy. The past two years I've been getting seriously back on track and now I'm feeling better than in ten years :) Regained my energy, which is one of the most important milestones this year ^_^
Last edited by Merri on 2010-09-21 21:57, edited 1 time in total.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Hurrah!
真綾~の~ファン

Post by 真綾~の~ファン »

Job well done, awesome.
Keep it up everyone. :)
Tenson

Post by Tenson »

Hi everybody! :)

My last visit to Maayas was 8 months ago, so it's clear I'm not prowling around here as often as before.
I think it would be fine if someone else take my place in supermoderating this lovely place, don't you think so?
Jérôme.

Post by Jérôme. »

Well, I don't want specially to, but I can moderate if there is any need, as I'm following everything closer than before this last monthes.
But I don't know if there is really a strong need of moderation here ;)
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

if i have knowledge good enough to moderate a forum i'd definitely grab the offer if given a chance... but agree with jerome, i think merri and the current moderators has done a splendid job so im not sure maayas need more hands right now....
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
Merri
Posting Freak

Post by Merri »

I'm a bit late here, but I took modding rights from Bazaa & Tenson and gave them to Jérôme & kirei_lanford :)

It is good to have some people as there are times when some of us are away anyway. Having active moderators is important.
Last edited by Merri on 2011-03-26 16:07, edited 1 time in total.
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

nani???
when ive just said i don't have enough knowledge.... -__
but all right, since i'm online quite often and i LOVE maayas, i'll try to do my best with this limited knowledge i have about IT matters.. :)
thanks for the trust, but if you suddenly have another person in mind to replace me feel free to get it back anytime. i suggest imurann coz from what i remember he's a programmer..
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
Musica

Post by Musica »

I feel bad not to come here quite often...I'll try my best to keep this wonderful site alive.
Well, anyway, hurrah for the new mods!! ^.^
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Congrats to the new moderators! :heart:
Merri
Posting Freak

Post by Merri »

kirei_lanford: there isn't much with what to practise, but it shouldn't be too hard if something happens. The easiest button is the delete button, which is the first choice for all the spam & advertisement stuff :) That is about the worst we get, not that many trouble users around.