Maayas Official T-Shirt Anyone?

Support & site news.
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Maayas Official T-Shirt Anyone?

Post by kirei_lanford »

okay, so ilcloud brought this idea..
I know it seems impossible to have a t-shirt design that would really be implemented into a production phase
with all the nations gathering here on maaya
but at least, let's hope there's some persons from several countries who happen to have a way to the production phase
but as the initial idea,.. of course, the t-shirt design itself. so, if anyone has some sorts of visual art design skills, u r very welcome to post it here... :D
i think it'll be awesome if some of us could wear the same t-shirt when visiting a certain maaya tour, and also have a photo from that occasion. :P
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
Jérôme.

RE: Maayas Official T-Shirt Anyone?

Post by Jérôme. »

Well, I think best way to have everybody owning the same T-Shirt is by using something like Cafe Press. But this self-made t-shirt places are generally expensive, so I don't know if it would really be okay.
Anyway, I can't imagine one of us ordering a bunch of T-shirt for everybody... We should find some solution to have everyone ordering its own if he wants to.
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

that would be nice jerome, if it can be sold that way... i have no idea right now..
my initial idea would not be like one people buying all t-shirts for maayas member, of course.. It's like one person as a coordinator for his/her own country. Like u being a coordinator for sora and megumi... who else from france? or jason being a coordinator for gibb, freckle etc from usa or kaimugen being a coordinator for sakura and anybody else? from NZ *sorry if i had the nation wrong*
and it's not like every country here will have the t-shirts of course.. only for those who want it and it's not even related to how many people from the country that join maayas.
but, yeah.. simply saying the same design will have the same production output will not be easy.. unless of course, the t-shirt place supports something like, online design.. or do you mean that cafe press is something like that? how expensive it would be? and does it have a branch at every country or things like that..?
and thanks for the input... :)
can't u edit ur own post these days?? i have to post another one.. :P
edit: i forgot that it's now automatic >.
Last edited by kirei_lanford on 2011-01-04 00:41, edited 1 time in total.
ilcloud

Post by ilcloud »

actually the first idea is we are just make the same design that can be accepted...
well, it's like a small design contest for finding which t-shirt design is the best... and we can post the jpeg format as the preview of t-shirt at an imageshack or photobucket..
when we have reach an agreement for which design that will be produced, the design can post it at mediafire or megaupload..

and for the production, i think it will be much cheaper if we make it country-based, since the transportation cost will be much less...
oh yeah, for general example, the production cost will be depend on the fabric that you choose, but in my country using a cotton combed 20s will only cost about $4-$7....
Jérôme.

Post by Jérôme. »

This is why I said Cafe Press was expensive.
It give access to evrybody worldwide to the same product, internationnaly shipped from USA.
But 1 T-Shirt is about 25 or 30 USD. Not cheap even for me in Europe, so I can imagine how much this would represent for people in more poor area of the world.

I have already ordered production of T-Shirt for lot of people, and generally this is the number of pieces that really make the difference. Here it would be something like $30 for 20 pieces, $10 for 200 and $5 for 500 ;p

So Ilcloud, where are you from ? ;p
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

we can't even order 200 pieces so i think $30 would be the deal.. rather expensive but considering it's still cheaper than the cost of an album, so i wouldn't mind... i don't know about others though. does it already include the shipping cost?
and why would the idea of one production for each country can't be done? i think it's way cheaper since it will coupe with the economic rate for each country. Of course, there would be potential difference in fabric, finishing quality but i don't see it as a major problem.
and ilcloud's home is around mine, jerome. Indonesia. :D
and here we are being this far yet merri hasn't even spoken a word :P
Last edited by kirei_lanford on 2011-01-04 22:43, edited 1 time in total.
Jérôme.

Post by Jérôme. »

As I said, I'm not specillay pushing for using this internationnal shops. I just was mentionning them.
I think next step would be finding someone with time and motivation to design it ;p
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Would it not be easier to have a high quality official JPEG logo design-type thing hosted here at the forums people could download and print to a T-shirt if they want to? I'm not entirely sure how Cafe Press works...?
Jérôme.

Post by Jérôme. »

Anyway, we will need a very high definition image to be printed in. Who think himself of a dress designer ? ;p
ilcloud

Post by ilcloud »

Jérôme. wrote: Anyway, we will need a very high definition image to be printed in. Who think himself of a dress designer ? ;p
well, the first idea is someone make and we will comment it first for any ideas for improvement, i think we should undergo the production after everyone accept the final design
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

Jérôme. wrote: Anyway, we will need a very high definition image to be printed in. Who think himself of a dress designer ? ;p
this is where vector art works :D
i only understand a bit but my brother said vector art doesn't need pixel.. but i dun understand how a pic on a monitor wouldn't be displayed as pixels? :/
... so.. a very high def jpg then.. :P
for design idea.. my brother is good at drawing manga.. but im not sure how that help >.
dilly can draw too right? :D let's ask dilly.. :rolleyes:
Jérôme.

Post by Jérôme. »

=> The idea is to work with vector-image, and then generate a large bitmap to be printed, from this vector image.

Anyway, Flying Dog is part of Victor entertainement, so I think Vector Image should be fine ;p
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

u mean victor -> vector, i to e.. or there's really a connection btween victor ent with vector image? >.

ups.. sorry.. it should be bitmap not jpeg.. -_

now for the design..? should we use the windtool thing maaya hold at kazeyomi promotions..? i can't think of other things that related with maaya image right now..

we can't really have a pic of maaya in front of our shirt......... can we?? :3
ilcloud

Post by ilcloud »

well my idea for the design is

the front.. i prefer a simple front (not like usual maaya t-shirt with a big picture or logo like we are kazeyomi or budokan t-shirt) with some writings like
maayas.net
坂本 真綾 fansite by fans for the fans...

and for the back..
well i think an edited vector art of this double decker bus picture from you can't catch me http://www.jvcmusic.co.jp/maaya/yccm/ will be very cool :D
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

i want have maaya onee-chan in front of the shirt lol