20th Anniversary Live "FOLLOW ME" group trip

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
Yyrkoon70

RE: 20th Anniversary Live "FOLLOW ME" group trip

Post by Yyrkoon70 »

naddie wrote: A question: I was thinking of sightseeing after the concert date because I wanted to go with the same date as a friend.

Unfortunately the date she wants to go for USJ etc is around Golden Week... thoughts on doing this? Yay/nay?
I confirm that you can still book anything for a reasonable price for the golden week. If you want advice, tell me if that's your first trip and what kind of thing you want to see and I'll be happy to help!
I'm actually currently preparing some trip right now and I couldn't book the bus and the hotel yet but that could be possible soon.
Now Japanese are all busy with skying/snowboarding ;)
roxfan

Post by roxfan »

naddie wrote: @Jerome: yeah I'm still undecided on the date, but I'll probably book it around those dates

@Scoop: it just so happens that our national holiday coincides with Golden week lol. Guess I'll just have to brave through the crowd at USJ.
If you book things in advance it might be okay.maybe try a Japanese travel agency if you have one nearby.
naddie

Post by naddie »

Thanks for the advice guys!

@Yyrkoon: it will be my 3rd time in Japan but it's also the first time I'll be travelling solo so I'm a bit apprehensive haha.

@roxfan: yeah I think it's safer if I start booking hotels etc now..

I've booked my flights, will be staying a week at Tokyo and another week in Osaka :)

I was thinking of staying at Saitama for Friday and Saturday (24 and 25 April) so that I don't have to worry about transportation on the day of the concert, but the hotels are pretty expensive! I'm still looking around at other options. I don't want to experience the rush hour on the train when everyone's going back from the concert lol.

Otherwise for the rest of the trip I'm still looking for cheaper accommodations.
Yyrkoon70

Post by Yyrkoon70 »

naddie wrote: Thanks for the advice guys!

@Yyrkoon: it will be my 3rd time in Japan but it's also the first time I'll be travelling solo so I'm a bit apprehensive haha.

@roxfan: yeah I think it's safer if I start booking hotels etc now..

I've booked my flights, will be staying a week at Tokyo and another week in Osaka :)

I was thinking of staying at Saitama for Friday and Saturday (24 and 25 April) so that I don't have to worry about transportation on the day of the concert, but the hotels are pretty expensive! I'm still looking around at other options. I don't want to experience the rush hour on the train when everyone's going back from the concert lol.

Otherwise for the rest of the trip I'm still looking for cheaper accommodations.
I believe there's not a lot of things to see in Saitama, so you can also find an affordable hotel somewhere around in Tokyo. The train will be okay I think, especially if we go early on Saturday (to be sure to have the goodies ^^ I won't repeat the mistake I did when I went to the Tanasonic concert and couldn't buy the stupid duck towels and other things T_T).

Traveling alone in Japan is absolutely safe, and everybody will help a lonely traveler so you don't need to worry about that ;)
naddie

Post by naddie »

Yyrkoon70 wrote: I believe there's not a lot of things to see in Saitama, so you can also find an affordable hotel somewhere around in Tokyo. The train will be okay I think, especially if we go early on Saturday (to be sure to have the goodies ^^ I won't repeat the mistake I did when I went to the Tanasonic concert and couldn't buy the stupid duck towels and other things T_T).

Traveling alone in Japan is absolutely safe, and everybody will help a lonely traveler so you don't need to worry about that ;)
Thanks so much! In that case I'll probably find a hotel somewhere around Tokyo and will get an early train there. Are we planning to have a meet-up before that for distribution of tickets etc? Also how early do they start selling the merchandise? :huh:

Also, will we have a karaoke session afterwards? :D
Yyrkoon70

Post by Yyrkoon70 »

naddie wrote:
Yyrkoon70 wrote: I believe there's not a lot of things to see in Saitama, so you can also find an affordable hotel somewhere around in Tokyo. The train will be okay I think, especially if we go early on Saturday (to be sure to have the goodies ^^ I won't repeat the mistake I did when I went to the Tanasonic concert and couldn't buy the stupid duck towels and other things T_T).

Thanks so much! In that case I'll probably find a hotel somewhere around Tokyo and will get an early train there. Are we planning to have a meet-up before that for distribution of tickets etc? Also how early do they start selling the merchandise? :huh:

Also, will we have a karaoke session afterwards? :D
I'd like to answer: yes and yes! ;)

I don't know when that starts but usually several hours before the show. Also, everyone will feel better once they met with the group and got their ticket so we should definitely meet earlier in the day!
Scoop

Post by Scoop »

We should go eat before the concert too right? :) And after? :D
Last edited by Scoop on 2015-02-06 12:04, edited 1 time in total.
naddie

Post by naddie »

Scoop wrote: We should go eat before the concert too right? :) And after? :D
Well I wouldn't say no to that lol. I guess we should work out the details of the meetups soon but we still have time :D
iresa

Post by iresa »

Hi everyone!
I'm thinking about joining :) It'd be awesome to meet other fans from all over the world! (I'm from Argentina :) ).

I found out about the pre-sale tickets too late. If anyone still has a spare one, please let me know! I'd like to secure a ticket before making any further travel arrangements.

See you there... hopefully! :D
Jérôme.

Post by Jérôme. »

Right now there is no more spare ticket.
Your best choice is probably to try to attend the normal sales begining on 14th March.
:angel: Life is on Maayas, and the posts are hope and promise... :angel:
PacificPikachu

Post by PacificPikachu »

Haha, here I thought this thread had seriously died down, but it was just because I wasn't receiving the e-mail notifications due to not checking the forum recently. Glad to hear I'm on the official list of ticket-holders, and I'm excited to meet up with everyone and hang out before (and possibly after) the concert! I bought my plane tickets a while back, and I officially have enough saved for the trip, so everything is great on my end!

If anyone wants to meet up with me at the JR Ueno station to travel with me to Saitama Super Arena, that's an option! I'm fairly comfortable with the trains in Japan and I've been to the arena before (albeit a while ago now), so if anyone wants a buddy to make sure you get there without incident I'd be happy to help. :) (Or maybe we could have our meet-up in Tokyo before and all travel together? That's a thought, too.) I definitely want to get there several hours in advance so I can buy goods and hang out in line with you guys. I think it would be fun to go out to eat before, too, if we can gather somewhere early in the day. I'll keep checking back for meet-up details!
Last edited by PacificPikachu on 2015-02-11 00:39, edited 1 time in total.
maskerade

Post by maskerade »

Man, this is pretty exciting. I'm going to stay in Tokyo during the concert weekend and looking forward to meeting all you lovely people!

Airtickets booked! Now to figure what to do in Japan haha.
Jérôme.

Post by Jérôme. »

PacificPikachu wrote: If anyone wants to meet up with me at the JR Ueno station to travel with me to Saitama Super Arena, that's an option! I'm fairly comfortable with the trains in Japan and I've been to the arena before (albeit a while ago now), so if anyone wants a buddy to make sure you get there without incident I'd be happy to help. :) (Or maybe we could have our meet-up in Tokyo before and all travel together? That's a thought, too.) I definitely want to get there several hours in advance so I can buy goods and hang out in line with you guys. I think it would be fun to go out to eat before, too, if we can gather somewhere early in the day. I'll keep checking back for meet-up details!
For me, the 25th agenda will depend of what they do announce beside the concert itself.
I reserved this day to be a full Maaya fan-girl, but so if there is so exibition in Tokyo at the same time, I would certainly go before taking the train for Saitama.
This is the same for the return. I would rather stay in Saitama saturday night, but if there is after party in Tokyo, or on the other hand still some stuff planed in Saitama the sunday, this could change the plans.
:angel: Life is on Maayas, and the posts are hope and promise... :angel:
roxfan

Post by roxfan »

S
Until February 18th there is an option of reserving tickets using a link from maaya's homepage:
http://eplus.jp/maaya20th-anniversary/hp/
Last edited by roxfan on 2015-02-13 15:37, edited 1 time in total.
Yyrkoon70

Post by Yyrkoon70 »

roxfan wrote: Second batch of artists announced

冨田ラボ feat. Emi Meyer 「光あれ」
TRUSTRICK「雨が降る」
Negicco「プラチナ」
the band apart「約束はいらない」
Tomita Labfeat. Emi Meyer "Hikari Are"
TRUSTRICK "Ame ga furu"
Negicco"Platina"
the band apart"Yakusoku wa Iranai"
Until February 18th there is an option of reserving tickets using a link from maaya's homepage:
http://eplus.jp/maaya20th-anniversary/hp/
So I guess the band apart will perform with Maaya their version of Yakusoku wa Iranai during the live maybe..?