20th Anniversary Live "FOLLOW ME" group trip

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
kbmurphy

RE: 20th Anniversary Live "FOLLOW ME" group trip

Post by kbmurphy »

Yyrkoon70 wrote: I think we have to wait for the tickets to be delivered to know which seat we have.
Even if we do that, let's first decide who gets a ticket right? This way at least people will be sure to get a ticket from us and they won't have to worry about getting a ticket.

It seems that we have too much extra tickets so it should be okay for now.
I think the people in the first post should be guaranteed of a ticket by now. First come, first served is definitely fair. We have a surplus, so I'd like to vote that everyone who has committed so far is definitely getting a ticket. Does anyone have any issue with that?

I've never been to Japan before. Does anyone have any recommendations as to where to stay and even what to do if I'm a tourist? I plan on learning some basic conversational Japanese between now and April.
Jérôme.

Post by Jérôme. »

made up my mind : you can put me in the "definitively going" category ;)
:angel: Life is on Maayas, and the posts are hope and promise... :angel:
roxfan

Post by roxfan »

Jérôme. wrote: made up my mind : you can put me in the "definitively going" category ;)
Great news!
rida.rwp wrote: What is the price of this ticket?
Ticket itself is ¥8640, but there are some additional fees and charges. I paid ¥72082 for 8 tickets which comes out to almost exactly ¥9000 per ticket. Let me know if you want me to add you to the list.
kbmurphy wrote: I think the people in the first post should be guaranteed of a ticket by now. First come, first served is definitely fair. We have a surplus, so I'd like to vote that everyone who has committed so far is definitely getting a ticket. Does anyone have any issue with that?
That's definitely fair. We'll figure out the payment etc. later. I can definitely wait until we're all in Japan.
roxfan

Post by roxfan »

kbmurphy wrote: I've never been to Japan before. Does anyone have any recommendations as to where to stay and even what to do if I'm a tourist? I plan on learning some basic conversational Japanese between now and April.
Staying: Japan has many hotels and usually you can find something even on short notice. Some sites that I use when booking hotels:

Booking.com recently been expanding the coverage in Japan and usually you can find pretty good deals

Japanican was one of the first English-language booking aggregators and still has some places which are not on other sites. They also offer tours and packages.

Rakuten Travel. I think they provide the results to Japanican so probably have the same set of hotels, but maybe there are some additional ones.

Toyoko Inn - a cheap business hotel chain which can only(?) be booked directly.

Note that some of the cheaper places don't have a bath (or sometimes even a toilet) in the room and you'll have to use a communal bath. This is not as bad as it sounds as often there is a heated pool where you can soak for a bit, or sometimes a sauna. Check the room descriptions carefully.

Whatever hotel you book, make sure it's close to transportation and doesn't take too long to get there. It's less of an issue these days with smartphones and map applications but Japanese addressing is peculiar to say the least, and finding the place may be a challenge. Even taxi drivers often need help, so better to print out the address and directions if you plan to take a taxi from the nearest station.

What to visit depends on your interests and how much time and funds you have. If you have a week or less, you could pretty much spend it in Tokyo and around. If more, you can take a train to other cities like Kyoto or Osaka. In that case I'd recommend getting a Japan Rail Pass which lets you ride on all JR lines (including shinkansen) for no additional charge.

One site that offers good advice for travel is Japan Guide.
Scoop

Post by Scoop »

So I have a ticket reserved? :)

I guess I can make arrangements and book the hotel and such now? :)
roxfan

Post by roxfan »

Hi Scoop! Yes, you're included in the count so you can start planning :)
PacificPikachu

Post by PacificPikachu »

Thank you so much to those of you who entered the lottery on behalf of those of us without fanclub memberships. I really can't thank you all enough! Please do let me know any time if it would help for me to pay for the tickets before I get to Japan, as I wouldn't mind paying for them in advance at all. If it's easier to just wait until I arrive there, that's perfectly fine as well, though. I have the money for the ticket set aside, regardless. It's so exciting to check "Obtain a ticket to the concert" off my list of things to do before the trip!

Kevin (or anyone else uncertain of where to stay) -- As far as hotels go, I highly recommend Touganeya Hotel in Ueno. It's a little confusing to find when you first arrive, and the rooms are quite small, but it's only two minutes walk from the JR Ueno station, which is a convenient location. It's relatively inexpensive, clean, quiet, and comfortable, and the staff are friendly and do mostly speak a decent amount of English. Each room comes with a bathroom, including your own shower (and bathtub--though it's a bit small). I stayed there with a friend for eleven nights on my trip in October and I was sad to leave when the time came. Despite the few cons I listed above, I was super content at that hotel and think fondly of it. That's where I'll be staying during this trip. I think it's pretty filled up for the last few weeks of April, but it's worth checking nonetheless.
Last edited by PacificPikachu on 2014-12-27 01:51, edited 1 time in total.
Yyrkoon70

Post by Yyrkoon70 »

I personally prefer to be paid in yens when you guys will be in Japan since I live there. Let's try to do something after the concert like a Maaya karaoke!!!
naddie

Post by naddie »

Hi guys, found this thread by googling how best to obtain the tickets for this and stumbled upon this thread.

I used to lurk over at gabrielarobin.com (and actively participated in the karaoke challenge lol) and somewhat active at YKDB way back when so I recognize a few usernames here (especially those of you who joined the karaoke challenge as well :D ).

Was wondering if anyone could help me obtain the tickets as well? Or let me know how, since I'm overseas and all (PM-ing me is also A-ok.) Thanks in advance!
Last edited by naddie on 2015-01-11 23:53, edited 1 time in total.
Scoop

Post by Scoop »

roxfan wrote: Hi Scoop! Yes, you're included in the count so you can start planning :)
Thanks for the confirmation!

I have now booked the hotel. I will be arriving in Tokyo on Tuesday the 21st of April and leaving on the 28th. How about you guys?
PacificPikachu

Post by PacificPikachu »

Yyrkoon, that's fine! I could pay in yen through Paypal as well, but I know Paypal can be kind of a hassle so I wouldn't blame anyone for not wanting to go that route. I just wanted to make it clear that I can pay for my ticket whenever and however it's convenient. :)

Scoop, we'll have a good overlap with our trip schedules. I'm arriving the 22nd and leaving the 29th!
Scoop

Post by Scoop »

PacificPikachu wrote: Yyrkoon, that's fine! I could pay in yen through Paypal as well, but I know Paypal can be kind of a hassle so I wouldn't blame anyone for not wanting to go that route. I just wanted to make it clear that I can pay for my ticket whenever and however it's convenient. :)

Scoop, we'll have a good overlap with our trip schedules. I'm arriving the 22nd and leaving the 29th!
So it seems! What do you plan on doing during your week? I'm kind of out of ideas. I'll go see Tokyo Sky Tree and Tokyo Tower but other than that I don't know. Go walking around different areas of Tokyo and take a lot of pictures? I'm buying a camera for the trip, something better than what can be achieved with a smartphone :)
PacificPikachu

Post by PacificPikachu »

I do quite a bit of anime and Pokémon-related collecting (and little bits of reselling as well), so I'll be out treasure hunting around Nakano Broadway, Akihabara, and Ikebukuro most of the time. I did that a lot when I was in Japan in October and I'm happy I get to do it again so soon. There's a lot to do in Tokyo, so I recommend doing some research beforehand to see what you want to check out most.

I'll be buying my plane tickets sometime this week!

I hope you all had a good holiday season, by the way, and happy new year! :D
Yyrkoon70

Post by Yyrkoon70 »

It seems we don't need it but just in case there's a new way to get tickets:

You first need to add the official LINE account as a friend.
LINE ID: @sakamotomaaya

They will announce how to enter this lottery on January 16 at noon.
You will be able to enter until January 20 23PM.
Last edited by Yyrkoon70 on 2015-01-13 05:26, edited 1 time in total.
emyr

Post by emyr »

Hello pepz! ^O^

Although I'm not that active in the Maaya community, I'm an avid fan as much as many of you are, and I have made up my mind to go to her 20th anniversary live.
It seems some people here have the means to obtain tickets, and I would be very grateful if someone could set apart one of their tickets for me (I'm willing to pay for it either in usd or yen). I know the general sale has not started yet, but one of my friends told me they run out pretty quickly.

I'll understand if you guys no longer have any more tickets, but please, do reply n_n I'll be able to buy the plane tickets as soon as someone confirms they can share one of their tickets wif me. O: