ANOTHER USA CONVENTION APPEARANCE

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

[quote="Sora"][quote="chibiNekomancer"]the presidential approach:
"11 months and 12 days ago an idea was formed, an idea made by ... Merri.... who wanted to gather Maaya fans all over the world (or just keep them off his other forum)[/quote]
er..... >_< actually... the international fanclub idea is Pippa's and mine ! \(^o^)/ ne, Pippa chan..? ^__^[/quote]

Yup, yup! Sora and I were chatting on AIM about how we ought to make a fanclub since we couldn't join the JPN one and one thing lead to another. I posted a topic about it over at Merri's to see other people's opinion then Merri kindly built it for us :lol:
chibiNekomancer

Post by chibiNekomancer »

[quote="Merri"]
This is scary, I'm getting credit I don't deserve. Like, the smilies are based on an image by Sora! If there weren't that base, there would be no Maaya smilies!
[/quote]

Nyahaha, sorry bout that missplacement *takes notes for future posts*

[quote="Pipa"]
[quote="Sora"]
[quote="chibiNekomancer"]
the presidential approach:
"11 months and 12 days ago an idea was formed, an idea made by ... Merri.... who wanted to gather Maaya fans all over the world (or just keep them off his other forum)
[/quote]

er..... >_< actually... the international fanclub idea is Pippa's and mine ! \(^o^)/ ne, Pippa chan..? ^__^
[/quote]

Yup, yup! Sora and I were chatting on AIM about how we ought to make a fanclub since we couldn't join the JPN one and one thing lead to another. I posted a topic about it over at Merri's to see other people's opinion then Merri kindly built it for us
[/quote]

I guess there should be a lil credits section, just to clear up things ^^u
Oh!, i have always been curious: why Pippa? is it a name?, a nick? a slang?, i tought it was an ceremonial indian smoke thingie :? (pippa ~ pipa, really close to a spanish word)

Anyway... what was this thread about?... oh yeah, the convention. So who will go? I was thinking in wearing a band or a hat, or something that would have this Maaya's logo (un-official fanclub) so it would be noticed... (maybe i should make a shirt that had the URL on my back! nijajhaha).

What do you recommend would be better to sing an autograph: the 03+ movie or Shounen Alice cd?... or i was thinking of buying a single exclusively for that purpouse :3 (probably platinum, i love that cover)

:neko:
Neko ga Suki na Anata to
Inu ga Suki na Watashi
-- Neko to Inu, Maaya Sakamoto
misssakura

Post by misssakura »

pippa is a shortening of phillipa usually....quite an old name I think..I know quite a few pippas but i've only come across the name in the UK ...I think its cute.
Sora

Post by Sora »

[quote="Merri"]This is scary, I'm getting credit I don't deserve. Like, the smilies are based on an image by Sora! If there weren't that base, there would be no Maaya smilies![/quote]
Well, I made the bases, but your work is still great !!! ^__^ Kawaii ne~ \(^o^)/ :3
☆NIKOPACHI☆ Love and... Peace !! \(^O^)/
Sora

Post by Sora »

[quote="dillpops"]Yup, yup! Sora and I were chatting on AIM about how we ought to make a fanclub since we couldn't join the JPN one and one thing lead to another. I posted a topic about it over at Merri's to see other people's opinion then Merri kindly built it for us :lol:[/quote]
Yeaaah THANKS A LOT MERRI !!! \(^o^)/

...without you, there won't be this nice place to talk about Maa-chan ! T__T
☆NIKOPACHI☆ Love and... Peace !! \(^O^)/
Yuki-chan

Post by Yuki-chan »

hey, nice idea CHibi Chibi
someone good using the photoshop or whatever could do a logo to us and we put this logo in T-shirts =] well, at least here in Brazil we have shops to print pics in the T-shirts XD its kinda expensive to me..like... 5 dollars =] in the brazilian coin: 15 reais O_o and, well, the T-shirts are not that thingie...when u wash the pic begin to vanish >_<

and about the letter =] Tenson idea is good =] Its easy and safe O_o
"Missing someone doesnt mean you are apart but that one day you were together"
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

[quote="misssakura"]pippa is a shortening of phillipa usually....quite an old name I think..I know quite a few pippas but i've only come across the name in the UK ...I think its cute.[/quote]

Yeap, my full name is Phillippa. Usually my nickname is dilly (dillpops is a hybrid of phillippa and dilly) but universally pippa is easier for lots of people to remember!
chibiNekomancer

Old topic revived!

Its now a month until Maaya asists at the Anime Expo!

There are some good news and some other news .-.
First of all, it is now confirmed that Maaya will give a live
performance! XD

http://www.anime-expo.org/2005main_events.shtml

Apparently it will be on the Sunday event
...do bring that video camera!!

alas, there is but one catch!, as i read the article, there
seems that it is a limited event, where you have to get a
special ticket in order to enter !! >_<

http://www.anime-expo.org/2005ticketing.shtml

As you can see, its a first come first served kinda event,
in a way i wish i had not read that, since i am already
jumpy to get in line ~_~

Also, i would feel let stressed if someone else is going
to attend the event, so at least one person is garantied
to assist the concert... tough i will search for windows in
wich to peak if i dont get in! >:3
Neko ga Suki na Anata to
Inu ga Suki na Watashi
Tenson

Post by Tenson »

As you can see in that subforum, Maaya won't sign any autograph, so I suppose theres no need for The Famous Letter :roll:
Yuki-chan

Post by Yuki-chan »

[quote="Tenson"]As you can see in that subforum, Maaya won't sign any autograph, so I suppose theres no need for The Famous Letter :roll:[/quote]

b-but T_T she wont sign in the other event either?

WAA!! the idea was so exciting >_<
Therax

Post by Therax »

I'm leaving for Anime Expo tomorrow morning. I'll try to get some internet access and check this forum. Otherwise, I propose that maays.net people meet outside the main convention hall (there's a plaza there with a million people in it). I'll try to be there 11:00-11:15 AM and 1:00-1:15 PM Friday and Saturday. Sunday I'll almost certainly be in line to get into the concert starting early in the morning. XD

Monday of course is Maaya's focus panel (10-11 AM in LP3, aka California C in the Hilton). I'll see you in line for that, too.

Hopefully I'll be carrying a dinky little 8.5"x11" 'maayas.net' sign. Post if there's a time or place you'd prefer!
chibiNekomancer

[quote="Tenson"]As you can see in that subforum, Maaya won't sign any autograph, so I suppose theres no need for The Famous Letter :roll:[/quote]

Read it <a href="http://forums.anime-expo.org/index.php? ... 6">here</a>

gwaa.. my heart.. it shambles... >.<
Talk about killing one of my goals before it starts :(

What i am worried about, is that she will sing autographs, but on Monday, an i can only can afford to go one day ToT
(sunday for the concert)

Ok, but i will make my best effort to at least take a lot of photos ;)
i just hope i can get that concer ticket :s

I'll keep an eye out for Maayas.net sign ^o^

EDIT: aaaaaah there will be an <a href="http://www.anime-expo.org/2005LP3_monda ... ">event</a> on Monday... what to do what to do >.<
Neko ga Suki na Anata to
Inu ga Suki na Watashi
Yuki-chan

Post by Yuki-chan »

[quote="chibiNekomancer"][quote="Tenson"]As you can see in that subforum, Maaya won't sign any autograph, so I suppose theres no need for The Famous Letter :roll:[/quote]

Read it <a href="http://forums.anime-expo.org/index.php? ... 6">here</a>

gwaa.. my heart.. it shambles... >.<
Talk about killing one of my goals before it starts :(

What i am worried about, is that she will sing autographs, but on Monday, an i can only can afford to go one day ToT
(sunday for the concert)

Ok, but i will make my best effort to at least take a lot of photos ;)
i just hope i can get that concer ticket :s

I'll keep an eye out for Maayas.net sign ^o^

EDIT: aaaaaah there will be an <a href="http://www.anime-expo.org/2005LP3_monda ... ">event</a> on Monday... what to do what to do >.<[/quote]

Maybe if u find someone who is going all the days~ XD

ow man, i was peekin the anime expo guests and now i have a conclusion about anime events....Brazil just get the leftovers -_-" omg....it isnt only Sakamoto-sama, theres a whole bunch of Anime celebrities making their presence in the convention >_< now im really sad...i was born in the wrong country~
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

lease tell us everything >_< right down to the songs performed! Arrrgghh!!!! You guys are so lucky.

I wanna know everything!

Hey, random thought, maaya mastered Shounen Alice in NYC and since we're expecting her new album in the fall...does anyone think they planned this to tie in with another mastering trip to New York as well as a best of release? It might make sense because this really came out of the blue this year about the best and USA appearances...

I wonder how long they were planning it for...