ANOTHER USA CONVENTION APPEARANCE

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

It'll be like a chain mail letter ^_^V
Sora

Post by Sora »

[quote="Tenson"]I think we should write a letter together. Then Chibi will give her the letter in person in the Californian connvention.[/quote]
... maybe we could give her a box filled with letters from all our different countries..? ^_^ with in top of them a special one explaining that we created an international unofficial fanclub and suggesting things... like allowing foreign people to enter her Japanese fanclub or a concert abroad (in Europe for example...?^^)

Well, that's just an idea :)
☆NIKOPACHI☆ Love and... Peace !! \(^O^)/
chibiNekomancer

Post by chibiNekomancer »

I am already planing how to go to the event (obviously), altough this will be the first time i go to one. I am not sure how special guests appear to fans... i am still imagining that she will be surrounded by bodyguards who beat up fans who want to get close to her :odd:

At the other event it was confirmed that there was going to be a lil performance on sunday. In the anime expo, they have posted:

http://www.anime-expo.org./2005schedules.shtml :|

... so, until they update, i guess we are not sure when she will be appearing and more importantly, if she will sing or just... i dunno... stand there :o

As for the letter, its a good idea, tough we need to settle on our ideas before we start writing a bunch. I am going to practice my kanji so they are readable :( ... or will it be an multi language letter? (she will have a fun time translating say... 6 languages? :3 :3 )
Neko ga Suki na Anata to
Inu ga Suki na Watashi
-- Neko to Inu, Maaya Sakamoto
Sora

Post by Sora »

[quote="chibiNekomancer"]I am already planing how to go to the event (obviously), altough this will be the first time i go to one. I am not sure how special guests appear to fans... i am still imagining that she will be surrounded by bodyguards who beat up fans who want to get close to her :odd: [/quote]
I've never been to such an event, so I can't tell you... o_O

[quote="chibiNekomancer"]At the other event it was confirmed that there was going to be a lil performance on sunday. In the anime expo, they have posted:

http://www.anime-expo.org./2005schedules.shtml :|

... so, until they update, i guess we are not sure when she will be appearing and more importantly, if she will sing or just... i dunno... stand there :o [/quote]
I hope she will be singing !!! \(^o^)/
SING MAAYA CHAN !!! SING !!! T____T

[quote="chibiNekomancer"]As for the letter, its a good idea, tough we need to settle on our ideas before we start writing a bunch. I am going to practice my kanji so they are readable :( ... or will it be an multi language letter? (she will have a fun time translating say... 6 languages? :3 :3 )[/quote]
I was thinking of something in Japanese (and English ?) for the main letter (about our fanclub...), to be sure she understands well^^

For the other letters... maybe we could all write in our own language and add a translation (English ? Japanese ?)..? o.o
kumiko

Post by kumiko »

WOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I can't wait to see her!!! I have to give AX a call to see when exactly she's coming over. I don't want to miss her.
... so, until they update, i guess we are not sure when she will be appearing and more importantly, if she will sing or just... i dunno... stand there
No, Guests of Honors usually appear in the convention to sign autographs and stuff. They have a place for them and you just have to line up and then the staff will lead you there. you have to make sure the GOH show up though. If not, you can be wasting a lot of time.

now that I found out that Maaya voices Aerith from both FFVII:AC and KH (JP), I have to find out which one I want her to sign. The only problem though is I have Final Mix and not the original JP version. And FFVII:AC won't be coming out to the USA maybe until Fall/Winter. so I might end up just printing up a picture from FFVII:AC and have her sign it. >>;
I am already planing how to go to the event (obviously), altough this will be the first time i go to one. I am not sure how special guests appear to fans... i am still imagining that she will be surrounded by bodyguards who beat up fans who want to get close to her :odd:
You go into this building and the staff there will lead you into a large room where all the GOH will appear sitting in front of tables and you give them an item for them to sign. It must be an item from either a TV show/Movie/game they have been working on so they can sign it for you. They would have translators there just in case if the GOH cannot speak or understand English. I never got a chance to meet with the director of outlaw star, but this friend I went with told me about it and so this is it. They might change the plans around though.

I'm so excited!!

Merri set bbcode and smilies on
Yuki-chan

Post by Yuki-chan »

YAY!!! Maybe we should do just as Sora-chan said =] each one write yours and someone write a special one =]
AH!! just a little question: when we finish writing the letter, to whom r we going to send it? O_o Chibi Chibi's house? i guess its too dangerous to him...who know when a crazy idiot/cheap bastard will attack? O_o waaa...after those incidents i got kinda...scared >_<
blehh desu =P
"Missing someone doesnt mean you are apart but that one day you were together"
misssakura

Post by misssakura »

You can send it to be picked up at the collection centre ^_^ As far as i'm aware you can mail to a PO box and not directly to a house although i'm not sure how it works in the US
chibiNekomancer

[quote="Yuki-chan"]AH!! just a little question: when we finish writing the letter, to whom r we going to send it? O_o Chibi Chibi's house? i guess its too dangerous to him...who know when a crazy idiot/cheap bastard will attack? O_o waaa...after those incidents i got kinda...scared >_<
blehh desu =P[/quote]

Did something happen around my house? :?
Yuki
Neko ga Suki na Anata to
Inu ga Suki na Watashi
Megumi

Post by Megumi »

[quote="kumiko"]You go into this building and the staff there will lead you into a large room where all the GOH will appear sitting in front of tables and you give them an item for them to sign. It must be an item from either a TV show/Movie/game they have been working on so they can sign it for you. They would have translators there just in case if the GOH cannot speak or understand English.[/quote]

Thank you ! I hope I will go to the other convention in September
kumiko

Post by kumiko »

[quote="Megumi"][quote="kumiko"]You go into this building and the staff there will lead you into a large room where all the GOH will appear sitting in front of tables and you give them an item for them to sign. It must be an item from either a TV show/Movie/game they have been working on so they can sign it for you. They would have translators there just in case if the GOH cannot speak or understand English.[/quote]

Thank you ! I hope I will go to the other convention in September[/quote]

you're welcome! :maayagrin:
Yuki-chan

Post by Yuki-chan »

YEAY!! so lets use that PO box thingie =D you guys just have to explain to me how it works XD because i dont know if here in brazil we have such thingie >_< well...in fact i guess we have but i never heard of....okie okie...SOOO!!! Are we really going to write do our Goddess? XD
well, i already began my letter =D baka yukieee
SOO!!! Just give me the mark and i send to every part of the world XD
okie okie sorry sorry XD
"Missing someone doesnt mean you are apart but that one day you were together"
Tenson

Post by Tenson »

Well, what I thought was something easier to carry out.
Something like a post. In that post we could give ideas for the main letter, and write a little message in our own tongue.
Then Chibi will write the main letter and the multilingual messages in a paper, put it into an envelope and give her the letter.

Of course, he MUST give her a kiss in the name of each of us :evil:
chibiNekomancer

Wow, im starting to feel the pressure for this >_>

[quote="Tenson"]
Of course, he MUST give her a kiss in the name of each of us
[/quote]

Nihaha, a pleasing task: I'll be very happy... and in jail :3

I sure hope they let people give her a present... *chibi imagines: a long line, Maaya wrinting autographs, and a small box that says 'put your presents here'... i really hope that box is not the trash bin*

You know, it would be very nice if someone else where to go too... like a umm.. back up gift, in case i get caught by cosplay police or something. Since we are making a fan club, it would be better if more than one were there no? .. umm... don't take this as a tease, if you are close by .....*coughhelpcough*.

[quote="Tenson"]
Then Chibi will write the main letter and the multilingual messages in a paper, put it into an envelope and give her the letter.
[/quote]

I will?... okies...

the presidential approach:
"11 months and 12 days ago an idea was formed, an idea made by ... Merri.... who wanted to gather Maaya fans all over the world (or just keep them off his other forum). Long has passed and we still are in construction, but be it be known in every language on the planet: 'we adore Maaya' XD .
Today we don't fight for our rights, but for our free... oops!..."

the slangy approach:
"Hey, yoh!, whats up Mayaa sweetheart!, looking good there. You know, i have here some kisses and letters for ya :evil: , so lets leave this convention and have a night to our..... hey wait.... uh oh... why hello officer... no! i was just giving her these letters...no wait... nooo.. "

the very shy approach:
"...M-m-a-ma-aya s-s-san, here.... bye! :oops: "

the weird approach:
"Wow... Maaya looked so hairy... and why was she with Han Solo... she must be a Star Wars fan >_>"

...and so on....

Anyway... the point is... the non-official main letter, should be done by everyone. I recommend a sorta official manner: short and clear, just a lil cover and intro so she knows what are the letters for and from.

Yuki-san: You don't have PO Boxes?... the ones here are.. um... not trustable, thats why i use the one in US.
Neko ga Suki na Anata to
Inu ga Suki na Watashi
Sora

Post by Sora »

[quote="chibiNekomancer"]the presidential approach:
"11 months and 12 days ago an idea was formed, an idea made by ... Merri.... who wanted to gather Maaya fans all over the world (or just keep them off his other forum)[/quote]
er..... >_< actually... the international fanclub idea is Pippa's and mine ! \(^o^)/ ne, Pippa chan..? ^__^
Merri
Posting Freak

Post by Merri »

This is scary, I'm getting credit I don't deserve. Like, the smilies are based on an image by Sora! If there weren't that base, there would be no Maaya smilies!
Now stuck in programming JavaScript