New Kanno song "Aruko" with Iwasato, 9th album "Follow Me Up"

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
User avatar
Yyrkoon70
Senior Member
Posts: 250
Joined: 2007-06-27 14:47
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Contact:

Re: New Kanno song "Aruko" with Iwasato, 9th album "Follow Me Up"

Postby Yyrkoon70 » 2015-08-31 07:17

That's right Scoop!

An "exclusive trial listening talk corner" for her 9th album will be held on her official Youtube channel. I don't know exactly if they will broadcast new songs or not, or speak at the same time they play them. The very good thing about that is that anybody can watch the live from anywhere.

They say they will announce the 7th part of her 20th anniversary project at the same time. Could it be the release of her Saitama live finally..? (you understand my despair here?)

Maaya will be assisted by a presenter, so that it looks more like a discussion than a monologue to the camera I guess.

Original announcement in last week FC newletter:
■アルバム試聴会Youtube配信決定!

9thアルバム「FOLLOW ME UP」先行試聴会のトークコーナーをオフィシャYoutubeCHで生配信いたします。

20周年記念プロジェクト第7弾の同時発表も予定をしております。

出演者:坂本真綾 司会:金光裕史(「音楽と人」編集長)
配信日時:2015年9月5日(土)14:20頃(予定)
詳しくはこちら → 配信URL:https://www.youtube.com/user/maayasakamotoCh
Scoop
Member
Posts: 177
Joined: 2013-11-16 19:35

Re: New Kanno song "Aruko" with Iwasato, 9th album "Follow Me Up"

Postby Scoop » 2015-08-31 14:17

It would be cool if they answered some questions from the chat or something. But I guess the point will be just to demo the songs on the 'show' and Maaya will probably share her thoughts on making them.
User avatar
Yyrkoon70
Senior Member
Posts: 250
Joined: 2007-06-27 14:47
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Contact:

Re: New Kanno song "Aruko" with Iwasato, 9th album "Follow Me Up"

Postby Yyrkoon70 » 2015-09-05 00:16

I guess so...

Anyway the stream link is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X78aIdeqAk

And it's beginning in a couple of hours.

I hope the 7th project will be something big and not just one collaboration as a seiyuu in some new anime :p
User avatar
Yyrkoon70
Senior Member
Posts: 250
Joined: 2007-06-27 14:47
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Contact:

Re: New Kanno song "Aruko" with Iwasato, 9th album "Follow Me Up"

Postby Yyrkoon70 » 2015-09-05 05:47

7th project: DVD/BD release of Follow Me at Saitama Super Arena!
As usual there will be a documentary of the rehearsal.

November 25!
Scoop
Member
Posts: 177
Joined: 2013-11-16 19:35

Re: New Kanno song "Aruko" with Iwasato, 9th album "Follow Me Up"

Postby Scoop » 2015-09-05 06:35

Well it was a little different than what I thought haha. How did the people get chosen for audience I wonder? The quality was quite terrible but I guess they played it safe with the upload.

Pre-ordered the bluray! :)
User avatar
Yyrkoon70
Senior Member
Posts: 250
Joined: 2007-06-27 14:47
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Contact:

Re: New Kanno song "Aruko" with Iwasato, 9th album "Follow Me Up"

Postby Yyrkoon70 » 2015-09-05 07:21

Scoop wrote:Well it was a little different than what I thought haha. How did the people get chosen for audience I wonder? The quality was quite terrible but I guess they played it safe with the upload.

Pre-ordered the bluray! :)


It's not on Amazon yet right?
Scoop
Member
Posts: 177
Joined: 2013-11-16 19:35

Re: New Kanno song "Aruko" with Iwasato, 9th album "Follow Me Up"

Postby Scoop » 2015-09-05 12:53

Yyrkoon70 wrote:
Scoop wrote:Well it was a little different than what I thought haha. How did the people get chosen for audience I wonder? The quality was quite terrible but I guess they played it safe with the upload.

Pre-ordered the bluray! :)


It's not on Amazon yet right?


Don't know about that, I use CDJapan :)
User avatar
Yyrkoon70
Senior Member
Posts: 250
Joined: 2007-06-27 14:47
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Contact:

Re: New Kanno song "Aruko" with Iwasato, 9th album "Follow Me Up"

Postby Yyrkoon70 » 2015-09-05 14:57

Okay. I don't have a BluRay player so I'll see when it will be out, but I'm so looking forward to it, gonna watch it again and again! ;)
Scoop
Member
Posts: 177
Joined: 2013-11-16 19:35

Re: New Kanno song "Aruko" with Iwasato, 9th album "Follow Me Up"

Postby Scoop » 2015-09-05 15:15

Here I was thinking they should stop releasing DVD but guess not :D BD players have been around for 10 years! :D
BluWacky
Junior Member
Posts: 14
Joined: 2010-04-21 21:14

Re: New Kanno song "Aruko" with Iwasato, 9th album "Follow Me Up"

Postby BluWacky » 2015-09-06 18:54

Album clips are up! Mostly for the already released songs.

There are four new tracks excerpted:

FOLLOW ME - perky, pleasant, probably not something I'll play often, harkens back a little to the Yuunagi Loop sound (better than that, though, I think Yuunagi Loop is Maaya's weakest album)
Aruko - less experimental than More Than Words was but unmistakenly Kanno in its use of strings. Sounds great.
Waiting In The Rain - loving this one, good English pronunciation, great blend of Rasmus Faber's usual house electronic style with an 80s power ballad vibe. Really looking forward to this one.
Kasukana Melody - smooth, slow and jazzy; really pleasant, piano, brass and acoustic driven. Easy listening.

Does anyone else have problems with the Victor site when streaming these clips? They clearly have a "low quality" and a "high quality" version of each one, and for the past 15 years or so I've always had the same problem - it streams the high quality version for 15 seconds or so and then drops down to the low quality one. This has been across several computers, Mac or PC. In this day and age I have no idea why this should be happening - it's been bugging me since the days of Mameshiba and Hemisphere, and it still happens now! I ended up capturing the clips so I've got the high quality versions regardless, but still.

Less than a month to release!!!
User avatar
Jérôme.
Senior Member
Posts: 554
Joined: 2005-06-30 17:53
Location: Grenoble - France
Contact:

Re: New Kanno song "Aruko" with Iwasato, 9th album "Follow Me Up"

Postby Jérôme. » 2015-09-07 22:17

Scoop wrote:Here I was thinking they should stop releasing DVD but guess not :D BD players have been around for 10 years! :D

I don't have any big screen and don't want one. So I'm not interested in buy stuff at higher price for better image.
The first use of my DVD is to rip the audio from them to be able to *listen* to the lives at work. For this, DVD is really good enough :)
User avatar
jason
Senior Member
Posts: 318
Joined: 2004-09-01 05:57
Contact:

Re: New Kanno song "Aruko" with Iwasato, 9th album "Follow Me Up"

Postby jason » 2015-09-08 15:25

BluWacky wrote:FOLLOW ME - perky, pleasant, probably not something I'll play often, harkens back a little to the Yuunagi Loop sound (better than that, though, I think Yuunagi Loop is Maaya's weakest album)
Aruko - less experimental than More Than Words was but unmistakenly Kanno in its use of strings. Sounds great.
Waiting In The Rain - loving this one, good English pronunciation, great blend of Rasmus Faber's usual house electronic style with an 80s power ballad vibe. Really looking forward to this one.
Kasukana Melody - smooth, slow and jazzy; really pleasant, piano, brass and acoustic driven. Easy listening.


I'm loving Waiting in The Rain too, and Maaya singing in English is always a nice change of things.

BluWacky wrote:Does anyone else have problems with the Victor site when streaming these clips? They clearly have a "low quality" and a "high quality" version of each one, and for the past 15 years or so I've always had the same problem - it streams the high quality version for 15 seconds or so and then drops down to the low quality one. This has been across several computers, Mac or PC. In this day and age I have no idea why this should be happening - it's been bugging me since the days of Mameshiba and Hemisphere, and it still happens now! I ended up capturing the clips so I've got the high quality versions regardless, but still.

Same problems for me too. I thought maybe the issues were related to them using Windows Media format, but then they finally switched to using a Flash and/or HTML5 audio player. Makes me think it's simply an issue with their server(s) and/or bandwidth.
User avatar
jason
Senior Member
Posts: 318
Joined: 2004-09-01 05:57
Contact:

Re: New Kanno song "Aruko" with Iwasato, 9th album "Follow Me Up"

Postby jason » 2015-09-08 15:38

Jérôme. wrote:
Scoop wrote:Here I was thinking they should stop releasing DVD but guess not :D BD players have been around for 10 years! :D

I don't have any big screen and don't want one. So I'm not interested in buy stuff at higher price for better image.
The first use of my DVD is to rip the audio from them to be able to *listen* to the lives at work. For this, DVD is really good enough :)


It's also worth mentioning that DVDs still far outsell Blu-ray discs. To quote this article from last year:
In fact, where popular DVDs regularly sold over 6-10 million US copies a year - and still do - only four Blu-ray's (Avatar, Avengers, Dark Knight Rises, Despicable Me 2) have broken the 3 million US sales in a calendar year

So it really doesn't make sense for Victor Ent to stop selling DVDs. The electronic companies want people to buy new 4K / UltraHD TVs, but there's no content in 4K resolution to watch. And most people are pretty happy to simply stream videos and watch low quality content.

Anyways enough off topic rambling from me. ;-)
naddie
Junior Member
Posts: 47
Joined: 2014-12-28 13:06
Contact:

Re: New Kanno song "Aruko" with Iwasato, 9th album "Follow Me Up"

Postby naddie » 2015-09-08 23:56

I pretty much second BluWacky's comments on the new songs, although I'm reserving judgement on "Aruko" as it's such a short snippet. "Waiting for the rain" sounds like it would be awesome though, really looking forward to that as well :)
Last edited by naddie on 2015-09-09 05:11, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Yyrkoon70
Senior Member
Posts: 250
Joined: 2007-06-27 14:47
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Contact:

Re: New Kanno song "Aruko" with Iwasato, 9th album "Follow Me Up"

Postby Yyrkoon70 » 2015-09-09 01:59

Loving the new Rasmus song, it sounds great! Can't wait to hear it live! I can't tell about her pronunciation, except that it's neither Engrish (or Japenglese) nor Frenglish! :p
I really love Rasmus' style, especially compared to the songs Cornelius wrote for Maaya. He should have written the new GITS songs ^^

Same problem, as always, with Victor's player which randomly turns to LQ at some point.

It's not easy to judge a song with only 45s of listening, but I believe FOLLOW ME was maybe written to be performed in live, so that may not be a good song I would listen to normally. Kasukana Melody may not be to my liking, we'll see when the single will be out.

Also, I wanted to listen to the Aruko sample but I clicked on Korekara instead (can't figure out why...), and the two previews almost begin with the word "Sayonara", I was quite confused ^^

http://www.jvcmusic.co.jp/flyingdog/-/D ... L-120.html

Return to “Maaya”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest