Sidetracked

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
Imurann
Posting Freak

Sidetracked

Post by Imurann »

not sure about others, perhaps this is an unpopular opinion.. but I wonder just how far was maaya nee lyrical relates with her life and thoughts?

I personally found some things which is rather interesting after doing some long ass research, but I doubt they make any sense to other people. Like some of Maya's songs its strongly NOT related to anything do with her life, or travel etc.

I conclude, it might be those time when she read some book, and got inspired and then write a song sort of thing. The story is nice really. Perhaps both me and nee chan hope for it to come true.

Maybe? who knows, God only knows XD

This is a fair assumption, and possibly I got it all wrong altogether, maybe. Still, perhaps its all worth to ponder.
roxfan

Re: Sidetracked

Post by roxfan »

Many of Maaya's songs are related to her own experiences although you need to follow the newsletters/blog posts/live MCs/liner notes to know it. Some examples that I remember:

- Nicola was written after her travels in Cappadocia (Turkey)
- Everywhere was the fruit of her solo travels in Europe (see http://www.sakamotomaaya.com/172/gift-mc-7/)
- My Best Friend/Tomodachi (from Grapefruit) is basically about her real life friend she's had in high school

There are probably many more of them.
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

How about the side 'B' ones? or the Anime based songs.

For a case study, what ' Shikisai ' song really about? put on the instrumental and what is in your mind first?

Is it not like a scene in Evangelion, where the world is about to end?

Thing is undeniable, its both on her mind and also ours.

I bet those peeps at Studio Gainax would also agree with me on this.
Jérôme.

Post by Jérôme. »

At the 15th anniversary events in 2010, she clearly stated in the interviews that up to Dive, she was putting a lot of her in her lyrics.
After that, something happen and she realized that she needed to protect herself more. So nowadays, she takes just a bit of her own experience, one idea, and then go on fictional to do her complete song.
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

Jérôme. wrote:At the 15th anniversary events in 2010, she clearly stated in the interviews that up to Dive, she was putting a lot of her in her lyrics.
After that, something happen and she realized that she needed to protect herself more. So nowadays, she takes just a bit of her own experience, one idea, and then go on fictional to do her complete song.
Interesting. Agreed.

So some modern songs, are likely to get fictional.

---- side track the from the main topic

Anyway, I'm currently hyping over a cover song I just found on youtube.. its sooooo freaking awesome! I love how much works has been placed into making the bgm. Kuuhaku is my current most favorite song.

Kuuhaku (cover)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xx0aEFK ... BTLnAL_5wE

Thing was, about kuuhaku lyrics after studying it from many perpective. I don't think its related to her life. (hence I thought it might also be one of those fictional song)

Also, Can we make a new thread and just post cover songs that we found over the internet? her fans are all sooooooo talented. I'm amazed!
Jérôme.

Post by Jérôme. »

They are several ones in the other section, you can use this if you want
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=818
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

Jérôme. wrote:They are several ones in the other section, you can use this if you want
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=818

Its okay, I found out youtube talents is so vast.. might as well I just stroll around on my own for now. Its pretty interesting seeing her music also affects normies (non-anime persons) that perhaps there a new generations of fans that simply love her songs, but didn't watch anime that she voice acting into.

Maybe she has already become mainstream in Japan? we should congrats her XD
Jérôme.

Post by Jérôme. »

You know, I almost don't watch anime anymore, so even if I initially know her back from Escaflowne time, it's hard for me to say it is because of animes I follow her ;)
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

Jérôme. wrote:You know, I almost don't watch anime anymore, so even if I initially know her back from Escaflowne time, it's hard for me to say it is because of animes I follow her ;)
Ah, okay.. well that cool too XD