Question-- live Maaya recordings?

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
Popcorn

Question-- live Maaya recordings?

Post by Popcorn »

Hello everyone!

I've been a Maaya fan since someone first showed me Active Heart. I'm not a huge fan of all her stuff, but a few of her songs comprise some of my favourite music of all time. Recently I've had the pleasure to discover some live recordings of Yoko Kanno's Cowboy Bebop soundtrack, and now I'm wondering if there exist any MP3s of live Maaya Sakamoto performances.

I've done a quick search through the forum and seen mention/discussion of live performances, concerts and so on. Can anyone give me more information, or tell me how I might go about getting some of these live tracks?
misssakura

Post by misssakura »

Yep she had a full acoustic radio performance of Shounen Alice on inter FM....uhm..i'm sure there are lots more but i'm not an expert..

You can find them pretty easily on a p2p.
Merri
Posting Freak

Post by Merri »

There are atleast:

- Tanabota Concerts 1 & 2
- Shounen Alice Unplugged (radio)
- some live videos: 24, a theatrical play ('Letter - Bring to Light'), pocket wo kara ni shite (in shibuya chu) and yakusoku wa iranai + tomodachi (there are probably others, but I have these on my computer)

And then there are some songs recorded by some Maaya fans in a club with poor quality.
Now stuck in programming JavaScript
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Plus the Les Mis CD. Easiest to get hold of: Shounen Alice unplugged
Popcorn

Post by Popcorn »

I'm not so much interested in the Alice stuff, as I have to say I found the album terminally boring.

What was played at these Tanabota Concerts, and how can I get hold of them?
Merri
Posting Freak

Post by Merri »

You can find Tanabota Concerts from me at Yoko Kanno Music Hub using DC++: yokokannomusic.no-ip.com

Tanabota 1:
- Active Heart
- Life is Good
- Call Your Name
- Afternoon Repose
- Doreddo 39
- Blind Summer Fish
- Birds
- Yucca
- Kaze ga Fuku hi

Tanabota 2:
- Yakusoku wa Iranai
- Gift
- Koucha
- Life is Good
- Yubiwa
- Call Your Name
- Afternoon Repose
- Doreddo 39
- Blind Summer Fish
- Yucca
- Birds
- Mameshiba
- Pocket wo Kara ni Shite
- Kaze ga Fuku hi
Now stuck in programming JavaScript
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

[quote="Popcorn"]I'm not so much interested in the Alice stuff, as I have to say I found the album terminally boring.

What was played at these Tanabota Concerts, and how can I get hold of them?[/quote]

Well considering 2 of the songs WERE'NT from Shounen Alice, maybe you should listen to it anyway :wink: besides the arrangements of Makiba Alice and of Yoru were different and much more interesting than the album versions so maybe they'd be less boring.

Boring? Wow...my favourite Maaya album.

I'm not interested really in her early Tanabota concerts, I'd much rather hear last years. I think Maaya's voice has gotten stronger but from her early lives it sounds very...strained and weak. Not that it isn't lovely but I'd rather listen to the CD versions ^^ the Shounen unplugged really showed how she's improved.
misssakura

Post by misssakura »

[quote="Popcorn"]I'm not so much interested in the Alice stuff, as I have to say I found the album terminally boring.

What was played at these Tanabota Concerts, and how can I get hold of them?[/quote]

Seems to me you're not much of a maaya fan at all...I didn't like the Shounen Alice album at first but then it really grows on you. The thing that did it for me WAS the live recordings. In case you didn't know, Yoko Kanno and other musicians perform live on air with maaya, and she chats about her album (with other people pitching in). Its certainly the most interesting thing i've heard, great playing and it shows maaya's voice has improved, although its still not great for the songs on the alice album its still good. And as dilly said there are 2 songs which aren't on the shounen alice album tune the rainbow and danieru.
misssakura

Post by misssakura »

p.s. merri I seem to have problems connecting to your hub, have you disabled mac access?
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

[quote="misssakura"]

Seems to me you're not much of a maaya fan at all.[/quote]

Kinda touch, don't you think? :P I'm not a big fan of Grapefruit but I still consider myself a Maaya fan.

I don't think Moe likes Shounen Alice at all either...

I agree with you though about Shounen Alice and the live ^^
misssakura

Post by misssakura »

[quote="dillpops"][quote="misssakura"]

Seems to me you're not much of a maaya fan at all.[/quote]

Kinda touch, don't you think? :P I'm not a big fan of Grapefruit but I still consider myself a Maaya fan.
[/quote]

I don't think its touchy...but I jump at the chance to hear anything from maaya...to just say "no I don't want to hear her speak or sing live because I found the album boring" seems like there isn't much interest in Maaya...I would download a file of her blowing her nose if there was one >_>;

I don't like grapefruit that much but if there was a live recording i'd jump at the chance to hear it...

Hope you see what I mean...
Sora

Post by Sora »

[quote="misssakura"]I would download a file of her blowing her nose if there was one >_>;[/quote]
I have one ! \(^o^)/
Well, actually no... just kidding^^;;;;;;;;;;

[quote="misssakura"]I don't like grapefruit that much but if there was a live recording i'd jump at the chance to hear it...

Hope you see what I mean...[/quote]
I'm just like you :)
☆NIKOPACHI☆ Love and... Peace !! \(^O^)/
Sora

Post by Sora »

[quote="Merri"]There are atleast:

- Tanabota Concerts 1 & 2
- Shounen Alice Unplugged (radio)
- some live videos: 24, a theatrical play ('Letter - Bring to Light'), pocket wo kara ni shite (in shibuya chu) and yakusoku wa iranai + tomodachi (there are probably others, but I have these on my computer)

And then there are some songs recorded by some Maaya fans in a club with poor quality.[/quote]
There's also a video of Maaya singing "Yubiwa" in Japanese and Korean with Kim Su Jin (really beautiful *__*)

I will search for other when I will be home next week :)
☆NIKOPACHI☆ Love and... Peace !! \(^O^)/
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

[quote="misssakura"]

I don't think its touchy...but I jump at the chance to hear anything from maaya...to just say "no I don't want to hear her speak or sing live because I found the album boring" seems like there isn't much interest in Maaya...I would download a file of her blowing her nose if there was one >_>;

I don't like grapefruit that much but if there was a live recording i'd jump at the chance to hear it...

Ah I see...
Popcorn

Post by Popcorn »

[quote="misssakura"]

I certainly wouldn't call myself a huge Maaya fan. I absolutely adore some of her music-- Active Heart, Rule and Gift in particular-- and really like a lot of the rest of it. (In fact, I've done quite thorough guitar transcriptions of those songs if any players here are interested.) However, I'd say that I find about 50% of Maaya's music to be either really dull or overly cutesy-poppy. It's definitely a love-hate relationship. Nonetheless, as I say, some of her music is wonderful and I'd love to hear some live performances of them.

I'm finding this DC++ stuff pretty confusing. I've managed to get a hold of peoples' lists but I can't seem to download anything-- I just get a 'no slots available' error. Also, I too can't get into Merri's list...