AX Show

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
drobertbaker

Post by drobertbaker »

[quote="Tofusensei"]A note on the mp3 recording. It seems to have a higher source quality than the ogg, so why the low quality encode settings? It seems to be a waste. If anyone can contact this person, please ask them to encode a higher quality version (maybe VBR around 128kbit or so)/
[/quote]I'm so sorry, Sir!

What a pity your pressing affairs prevented you from being there so that you could have reached up my ass yourself and adjusted the settings to something more pleasing to your refined tastes! :roll:
Megumi

Post by Megumi »

[quote="drobertbaker"]What a pity your pressing affairs prevented you from being there so that you could have reached up my ass yourself and adjusted the settings to something more pleasing to your refined tastes! :roll:[/quote]

Lol that's right.

About the mp3 thank you.
It's funny, I am listening to the audience (cool audience), not listenning to maaya :P
When she talks in english she is so sweet ! "Oh my God ! So many people !"

XD so lovely
drobertbaker

Post by drobertbaker »

[quote="Megumi"]About the mp3 thank you.[/quote]Bienvenue. :)
Tofusensei

Post by Tofusensei »

[quote="drobertbaker"][quote="Tofusensei"]A note on the mp3 recording. It seems to have a higher source quality than the ogg, so why the low quality encode settings? It seems to be a waste. If anyone can contact this person, please ask them to encode a higher quality version (maybe VBR around 128kbit or so)/
[/quote]I'm so sorry, Sir!

What a pity your pressing affairs prevented you from being there so that you could have reached up my ass yourself and adjusted the settings to something more pleasing to your refined tastes! :roll:[/quote]

Umm, I was there, fourth row center.... And I'm assuming you didn't record directly into 22 Khz mp3, did you?

-Tofu
The only MMORPG I play is fansubbing.
Yuki-chan

Post by Yuki-chan »

WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
Im so happy!!!
Thanks to you guys i got the chance to listen to her beautiful voice =]
im soooooooo happy ;___________;
"Missing someone doesnt mean you are apart but that one day you were together"
slade

Post by slade »

Can someone post the vid on a server?

I can't download bittorrent stuff on my crappy dialup connection.
jason

Post by jason »

[quote="Megumi"]When she talks in english she is so sweet ! "Oh my God ! So many people !"[/quote]
My favorite part is when she said, "Escaflowne was a animation 9 years ago, when I was 16. I was pure." :o :lol:
slade

Post by slade »

yea that part was my favorite too
jason

Post by jason »

[quote="Tofusensei"]
Umm, I was there, fourth row center.... [/quote]
Wow, sounds like you had a really good seat. Were you sitting in the center reserved section or right behind it?

I was sitting in the first row on the left side with the other press people. So yeah, I had a pretty good view of Maaya. :P
slade

Post by slade »

I was behind the front section by three rows. And those to me were the best seats. Yet, I wish I was closer...but you know what people say beggars can't be chosers.
slade

Post by slade »

anyone got that vid yet? :D

how do you view ogg files?
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

[quote="drobertbaker"]

What a pity your pressing affairs prevented you from being there so that you could have reached up my ass yourself and adjusted the settings to something more pleasing to your refined tastes! :roll:[/quote]

Come on, be nice.

Thanks for the other recording but be nice, he was only asking. It was nice of ANYONE to record the concert. And since so many people here seem to have gotten good places, I'm surprised they remembered to record or take photos while they were most likely euphoric at being in the same room and hearing Maaya sing.

And Slade, what's this about video? These are audio files 0_o
Jérôme.

Post by Jérôme. »

listening to the mp3, I'm very surprised there no more fan singing with Maaya-chan...

I know almost all the lyrics of all the songs she sang, so I would have been voiceless at the end of the concert ^^;;;;
drobertbaker

Post by drobertbaker »

[quote="dillpops"]Come on, be nice.

Thanks for the other recording but be nice, he was only asking. It was nice of ANYONE to record the concert. And since so many people here seem to have gotten good places, I'm surprised they remembered to record or take photos while they were most likely euphoric at being in the same room and hearing Maaya sing.[/quote]The answer is that one cannot get more bits out of a recording than are there, no matter what bit rate is used for sampling from that recording. To use a higher sampling rate would only increase the size of the file, not improve the quality of the result.

Although I am famous for my niceness, I felt such a rude response justified by that level of ingratitude, especially coming from someone who as it turns out could have done the same thing or better, if he would have only thought to share some of the joy by taking the same trouble, expense, and risk instead of complaining of the contribution of others who did.

I wish someone would have done as much for me by recording, in ANY quality, the KOTOKO concert, which despite my best efforts I was unable to attend.

This recording was not made for the critiques of those fortunate enough to be in fourth row center, but for those who truly love Ma'aya, would have given anything to be there, but could not.

Yuki-chan is soooooooo happy ;___________; That works for me.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Considering probably 80% of Maaya's and myself are non-US residents and HUGE Maaya fans I think you can take it as a given that we are 100% grateful that you (and anyone else who recorded) were nice enough and were generous to take the risk to record the concert.

I was just pointing out that his comment was reasonable enough to be answered reasonably but I take your point that he was there and didn't do it and so had no right to complain really. So I understand your annoyance. So...right....

I get it now. Sorry for misunderstanding the replies.

but let's all try our best to be nice ^^ ok? ^^V[/size]

EDIT: Actually I think it's more like 90% are non-US...