AX Show

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
Tofusensei

Post by Tofusensei »

[quote="jason"][quote="Tofusensei"]
Umm, I was there, fourth row center.... [/quote]
Wow, sounds like you had a really good seat. Were you sitting in the center reserved section or right behind it?[/quote]

We were in the area reserved for people with red wristbands. We were able to get them early because we were staying in a con hotel, and a member of our party lined up about 2-3 hours early so we linked up with him in line later. I know what you mean about the good view! We were around 20~ feet from her :D

-Tofu
The only MMORPG I play is fansubbing.
Tofusensei

Post by Tofusensei »

[quote="slade"]anyone got that vid yet? :D

how do you view ogg files?[/quote]

It's audio, and any version of winamp can play ogg. If you're on unix there are ogg plugins available for all the popular players, xmms, amarok, mplayer, etc. the home page is http://www.vorbis.com Ogg offers better quality than mp3 but it's not as supported in the hardware world :X

-Tofu
TenAJs

Post by TenAJs »

[quote="drobertbaker"]...especially coming from someone who as it turns out could have done the same thing or better, if he would have only thought to share some of the joy by taking the same trouble, expense, and risk instead of complaining of the contribution of others who did. [/quote]
[quote="dillpops"]...that he was there and didn't do it[/quote]
Well, Tofu isn't owning up but by what I'm informed, I just want to clear up that he also made a recording - the one that's released as ogg.

Anyway, discussion about better quality recordings should end now :/
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

[quote="TenAJs"]
Well, Tofu isn't owning up but by what I'm informed, I just want to clear up that he also made a recording - the one that's released as ogg.

Anyway, discussion about better quality recordings should end now :/[/quote]

He's omitted too then. Or whatever, I don't know what's going on now. Thanks for the recordings but bah! I'm confused :cry: OK let's leave it.

Besides. Maaya sang "Kiseki no Umi" better than the CD version anyway. her voice has matured to do it justice as before I felt she was a little weak for such a powerful song. Even though I love it. I always thought it would be better if it was more powerful. So there we go.

Good concert.

Although I'm most excited about the man who told Maaya that she might do more acoustic in the future. From accounts he was Japanese and seemed to be one of Maaya's staff. And she changed her answer after he said it and seemed to be excited. So yay!

...how many members do you think we got after this concert? It seems like everyone just sort of...joined up ^^ I wish they'd joined before we're always in need of new members![/size]
Tofusensei

Post by Tofusensei »

You're right. The cat is out of the bag so might as well 'fess up. Anyway, since it's out in the open now I'll just paste the pm I sent to drobertbaker this morning, before ending my involvement in this discussion. He can do whatever he wants with it. :X

-------

To: drobertbaker
Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:53 pm
Subject: Regarding the Maaya recordings
just so you know, I'm the person who recorded the ogg file. I'm trying to keep that a secret Razz Your comment about "he could have done the same thing" well, I did, hehe ^^;

You seem to have a nicer source quality than I do that is why I was trying to just politely ask if you could run an encoded version at a higher bitrate than 24 kbps. This is assuming that you recorded into a lossless format like wave or at a higher bitrate than 24 kbps. I really was not trying to offend or insult you. I was just trying to see if it's possible for you to run off a higher quality mp3. If you recorded directly into 22 khz 24 kbps mp3, that is all you had to say. "Sorry, I cannot make a higher quality encode because I recorded directly into this compression format."

Sorry if I pissed you off, I really did not mean to.

-Tofu
drobertbaker

Post by drobertbaker »

I'd like to slip in just one more comment, an apology, if I might, before we move on.

I violated 4 of my scared principles.

1. Don't shoot your mouth off.

2. Anything you have to say can be said nicely.

3. Don't jump to conclusions.

4. Don't barge into a community you know nothing about and start making judgements about people you don't know.

I believe that tofu has made many more contributions to this community than I and doesn't deserve to be portrayed the way I portrayed him.

I apologize for any negative vibes I may have caused with my rudeness.

Y'all have a nice day now, y'hear?
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Now we're all friends can we talk about the concert? :P
Besides. Maaya sang "Kiseki no Umi" better than the CD version anyway. her voice has matured to do it justice as before I felt she was a little weak for such a powerful song. Even though I love it. I always thought it would be better if it was more powerful. So there we go.

It was really good.
slade

Post by slade »

oops! I thought it was a video file...guess I was wrong. It has been a whie since i've seen a ogg file.
drobertbaker

Post by drobertbaker »

[quote="dillpops"]Now we're all friends can we talk about the concert? :P [/quote]Given that this was karaoke, my favorite part was when she talked to the audience. She's so sweet and genuine. Those kind of features in an American artist would just bring ridicule. Why is that? Is this society that cynical?

You know she's gonna "do Dallas" in September, right?
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

I thought Anime Expo WAS Dallas? I thought LA was in September...I got them the opposite way around I guess. Too bad I won't be going in September either >_< I console myself that someday Maaya will release a live DVD!

But I did know about the other one, I have a fansite, so it's my business to know, you know? :maayagrin:
TenAJs

Post by TenAJs »

[quote="drobertbaker"]my favorite part was when she talked to the audience. She's so sweet and genuine. [/quote]
I concur. Though I think it's due to hearing her effort in speaking English that brings her closer to us. I'm amazed she could communicate so well. I guess having English-speaking lyricists and travelling to the US helps :D
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Don't forget she's stayed in England a lot too!
Jérôme.

Post by Jérôme. »

[quote="dillpops"]Don't forget she's stayed in England a lot too![/quote]
I didn't know...
When and why did she stayed here ?
but that give the answer of my own question "how come she has such a good accent, when generally japanese people have a awfull accent, comparable to the french ones ^^;; ?!? "
Megumi

Post by Megumi »

She has come in london for the record of "Lucy" and "Shounen Alice" and she listens to a lot of western music, and had english lessons at university.
Sora

Post by Sora »

[quote="J
☆NIKOPACHI☆ Love and... Peace !! \(^O^)/