AX Show

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Megumi

Post by Megumi »

XDDDDDD

Supa look (I can imagine maaya like this)
You are crazy

XD
ariel

Post by ariel »

hahahahaha oh my gosh you guys are so funny!!! you know what dillpops...i too, would pay just to see maaya blow her nose. AND...i actually like maaya's taste in clothing..*thank you for the pictures sora*

the only live performances i've seen were from her escaflowne concert (the ones that came with the DVDs)...sadly :cry: but even from that, i liked her stage presence. i envy people who get to see her...i live in hawaii...in the middle of nowhere...so i highly doubt there will be a maaya concert here anytime soon.

i would love to see maaya as eponine. the only other eponine i really enjoyed was lea salonga (grant it she sings in english...such a pretty voice). i really do think maaya's improved a lot with the additional experience and i can't wait to hear what she has to offer for her new album...i really do hope it stays "maaya-ish" and she doesn't turned into just another pop star :) .

sorry for the long post everyone. i'm not always able to post (computer's not always free), but i do check up on the forums whenever i can get to a computer. :oops
Jérôme.

Post by Jérôme. »

sorry if you misunderstand me

I was not judging Maaya at all >_<
I wasn'nt t the concert, and would have no rights to do it.
I said I know good musicians that are boring performers, that the thing is possible. But how could I said this is the case of Maaya without having seen her live ?

All I said is just that it is possible that all the comments on the AX show saying it was not so good to WATCH (and not to listen, I said watch) could be rights, because the thing already happen in front of me with an other band. You know, static people watching their instruments all the concert without noticing there is a public in front of them >_<

errrr
as I said before, I should not have post, as I am unable to meke me understable :odd:
Sora

Post by Sora »

[quote="ariel"]hahahahaha oh my gosh you guys are so funny!!! you know what dillpops...i too, would pay just to see maaya blow her nose. AND...i actually like maaya's taste in clothing..*thank you for the pictures sora*

the only live performances i've seen were from her escaflowne concert (the ones that came with the DVDs)...sadly :cry: but even from that, i liked her stage presence. i envy people who get to see her...i live in hawaii...in the middle of nowhere...so i highly doubt there will be a maaya concert here anytime soon.[/quote]
Well, Maaya loves Hawaii, she went there twice ! ^__~

I don't know if Gackt is the only one to do so, but every year a bunch of lucky fans from his fanclub goes in holidays with him to different places (the last trip was to Australia and before it was Los Angeles and Hawaii if I remember...) ; maybe Maaya will do the same in a near future^^ (I heard about a mysterious bus tour when L'ambition funclub was still existing... o.o)
☆NIKOPACHI☆ Love and... Peace !! \(^O^)/
ariel

Post by ariel »

Well, Maaya loves Hawaii, she went there twice ! ^__~
really? she was here? awwwwwwww i didn't know that . gackt too...geez i should really find a job in the airport or something...that way i get to meet all sorts of people.
chibiNekomancer

Post by chibiNekomancer »

I have seen many artists go to Hawaii, including Otsuka Ai and Morning Musume. I guess its just popular, since the little island is closer to Japan :p

Working in the airport is good idea, but its better to be the one attending Maaya inside the plane! XD
Neko ga Suki na Anata to
Inu ga Suki na Watashi
-- Neko to Inu, Maaya Sakamoto
gradualpetrify

Post by gradualpetrify »

damn 4 year old topic but i was always good at reviving. i read all 8 sites so i really must reply here instead of somewhere else. thx slippy for your interesting report it cheered me up a little... even after all that time. thx roxfan for your "click". i only knew a photo of her sitting there giving answers but never a small vid with her singing that saved my day. okay as you may alrdy know i wasnt there lawl. didnt seriously know her at that time. i mean yes i heard some songs but never thought that such a wonderful career would be behind an ending song. i thought that when some1 is singing the end of an anime then its just something small even if the song was so great it was over so fast that i didnt had time to think about it. sux so hard that i became a fan so late i missed so many great chances to see her live i cannot forgive me. "destiny"

lol i bet neopeius isnt here anymore i mean 15 or 16 posts since 2005 hmm. cant blame him/her i mean i wonder where i will be in 4 years or maaya... life goes on. but i still want to reply even if its not to neo but to everyone else. since i wasnt there i dont have the right to criticise i just know some videos like her concert-dvd or other live-vids. even if i wasnt there i can tell you how i wouldve felt.

she was nervous? she was shy? that only shows what a kind-hearted person she is. i love her for it. she forgot a word and that seem so nonprofessional? how can some1 make a problem out of that? she is a human and not a robot. i dont want her to be functioning when she "must". i want her to be like she is at that moment. and plz dont mention something called "selling points". every "musician" who plans to make a career based on selling points is no musician. a musician is making music because s/he needs it to live life and express her/himself. i still understand it when a musician is nervous the day the new cd comes out and hoping for success of course.

when its about entertainment in a live-performance i would be still entertained when she would just sit there on a chair the whole time with a potatoe-sack as clothes while other "musicians" jump their asses off in a big formation-dance trying to draw my attention with noisy music and all that bling bling hahaha bless you maaya.
if you watch all that tv casting shows there seem to be some ppl being able to sing but they disappear a bit later still. why do you think is that? because no matter how many different things you train... you can never train to reach someones heart.

lol i may be talking to myself again because this topic is so out of date but you think she cant do anything with her body o.O *sweats* okay i have the advantage of the kazeyomi dvd on my side thats not fair because you didnt had the news back then so dont take it as hate toward yourself. she sung some songs while just standing there and it wasnt boring at all. a song becomes boring when you recognize that the interpreter is not in the mood for that song or doesnt feel the song.

sry for goin off-topic i just cant stop. when she danced in mameshiba my heart was filled with joy. the way she gazed at the end of loop filled me with joy. how she swings her arms toward the violins in yakusoku wa iranai filled me with joy. her kazemachi jet moves caught me... so cute.
even if she wouldnt have all that experience with les mis or voice-acting or other stage-performances i would never judge her on that. routine can suck when true feelings get lost with it.
i dont need a list of her that says "she did this and she did that" now she got more worth? not for me.

i just remembered her song "call your name". maaya plz dont try to hinder your weaknesses. everyone has weak sides. no one can become 100% strong. i also hate my weak sides but its impossible for me to change. count on the ppl who like you the way you are and not the ppl who want to change you. no one will ever be some1 that everyone in the whole world likes.

okay i hope i made this forum alive once more in whatever kind of way. if i wouldve been there that would be the best day of my life no matter if it was 4 years ago or 9 months. a colorful day in this big blue world because she tuned the rainbow. silky skin & ruby heart.
slade

Post by slade »

[quote="TenAJs"]Following up on roxfan's post, here is another recording by a "drobertbaker", shared via bittorrent: http://thepiratebay.org/details.php?id=3354609

If you can't download from it, here is a direct link from which you can help seed too: Ma'aya_in_Anaheim.mp3[/quote]

Does anyone still have this? I think I lost my copy of it when my old desktop's hd died on me. Can someone upload it again?
Jérôme.

Post by Jérôme. »

Sorry I didn't kept it. Butt it was so good of a video, imho, even more compared to the 2 dvd we have (or will have) now !

Anyway, just to see this post remind me of warm memories, from the last era when I joinded here. Thank you for that.
:angel: Life is on Maayas, and the posts are hope and promise... :angel:
Jérôme.

Post by Jérôme. »

Not from the show, but from the conference after it :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4H0M6-cC ... re=related

Remember : Loop was just released, but she was there to promote her US Hotchpotch release. So at the show, she just sang her old tunes (with the re-introduction of Kiseki no Umi in the setlists !!!)

In the conference, people ask her a bit of Loop, because they wanted to hear her new stuff too.

Edit :
I just found back a backup of the mp3 of the conference ! So if anyone want it, just ask it PM