Anime Expo convention report

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
Ayoretrel

UMMM!!!

Post by Ayoretrel »

SO SAD, WELL HERE IN MEXICO CITY WE TAKE PHOTOS OR VIDEO FREELY, JAJA, BUT THE CONVENTIONS DON
Ayoretrel.
I
TenAJs

Post by TenAJs »

[quote="dillpops"]http://www.geocities.jp/bunkaex/maaya2.html

Has pictures of the panel.[/quote]

Likewise, this report has pictures of the concert: http://www.geocities.jp/bunkaex/maaya.html

The main site here: http://www.geocities.jp/bunkaex/
jason

Post by jason »

[quote="dillpops"]
And, oh my word!! We have Jason from MS.net joined our little Maaya community ^^ wow. Welcome aboard. I don't suppose there are any traces of Maaya left on you that we could possibly steal and share out? :P [/quote]
Gee, you didn't figure out it was me before? :maaya: Anyways, I figured it was about time for me to join in the fun in this forum. :)

Well I wrote up a report of the focus panel (click here to read) and typed up the transcript for my interview with Maaya. I'm just waiting on the webmaster of AnimeOnDVD.com to post the interview.
slade

Post by slade »

[quote="TenAJs"]Likewise, this report has pictures of the concert: http://www.geocities.jp/bunkaex/maaya.html

The main site here: http://www.geocities.jp/bunkaex/[/quote]

been there and got all those pics. I asking for pics from the ppl in this forum that were there that took them and could share them.

Anyone?
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

slade wrote:
been there and got all those pics. I asking for pics from the ppl in this forum that were there that took them and could share them.Anyone?
They would have said they had them and posted them by now. So, I guess not. You'll have to ask at the Animeondvd.com forums where they are talking about Anime Expo or Yoko Kanno Database forums in case people took them there.
Gee, you didn't figure out it was me before? Anyways, I figured it was about time for me to join in the fun in this forum.
Of COURSE I didn't figure it out, I'm really slow at these sorts of things. I didn't figure it out until I saw what you'd posted about going and then sort of blinked and thought "Hey, he's got a familiar name" XD
Jérôme.

Post by Jérôme. »

[quote="Megumi"]No that's impossible :|
INTERNET IS MY GOD XD[/quote]

I've just realised.... if they don't understand fansub and wse....
maybe, but in fact certainly, Maaya is not aware that this forum exist
I'm used of unofficial forum followed and accepted by their main subject

feeling like an orphan :cry: :cry:
Therax

Post by Therax »

[quote="jason"]Well I wrote up a report of the focus panel (click here to read) and typed up the transcript for my interview with Maaya. I'm just waiting on the webmaster of AnimeOnDVD.com to post the interview.[/quote]
Just curious, did you use my recording of the panel to "refresh" your memory? You beat me to the punch on transcribing my own recording. ;-)

Don't worry, I'm still working on my own transcript (almost done) for those who want a "complete" transcript, including the weirder bits. ;-)
Sora

Post by Sora »

[quote="Therax"]Don't worry, I'm still working on my own transcript (almost done) for those who want a "complete" transcript, including the weirder bits. ;-)[/quote]
Oh yes please, it would be really appreciated since there's a lot of things I haven't understood ><;;;
☆NIKOPACHI☆ Love and... Peace !! \(^O^)/
jason

Post by jason »

[quote="Therax"]Just curious, did you use my recording of the panel to "refresh" your memory? You beat me to the punch on transcribing my own recording. ;-)[/quote]
I had my own mini-tape recorder with me, but yeah, your recording was helpful since it's of better quality (using dynamic range compression worked pretty well). :maayagrin: Even with your recording, it's hard to hear the dialogue at times.
Therax

Post by Therax »

[quote="jason"][quote="Therax"]Just curious, did you use my recording of the panel to "refresh" your memory? You beat me to the punch on transcribing my own recording. ;-)[/quote]
I had my own mini-tape recorder with me, but yeah, your recording was helpful since it's of better quality (using dynamic range compression worked pretty well). :maayagrin: Even with your recording, it's hard to hear the dialogue at times.[/quote]
It's better with even more extreme dynamic compression, but there are limits. Oftentimes the translator doesn't speak into the microphone, there's noise from people around where I was in the audience, and of course some of the audience members were just plain hard to understand, even live (particularly that Korean fan representative).

That said, the main reason I didn't upload an even more compressed version was because it started to distort the Loop excerpt, and I thought it was pretty important to distribute a clean version of that. :)

Feel free to play with the raw version to see if you can clean it up more.
Igamelec

Post by Igamelec »

Both awesome and sweet that you guys that visited are sharing your experiences. Concerts make real good memories and I'm sure a whole lot are now dying to get to a Maaya concert themselves :)

LAME rocks, Therax, and I have to say I'm currently really enjoying listening to it. Nice job, but I sure wish I would've learnt Japanese already ^^
sailorsim

Post by sailorsim »

thankew! thankew! thankew!! XD never thought that i'd get to actually HEAR her answering the panel questions *faints*
kanae

Post by kanae »

Hello!! too bad fans couldn't take pictures at Maaya's concert
i was wondering, how did the audience react when Maaya
sang PLATINUM (Puracachina)??? could someone who went
to the concert can make any comments on that???
thanks
Jérôme.

Post by Jérôme. »

if you search a bit, there is a link to dld the mp3 of the concert, so you can juge yourself ^^;
kanae

Post by kanae »

if you search a bit, there is a link to dld the mp3 of the concert, so you can juge yourself
Thanks I found the link of the audio's concert.......by the way
is there any chance that we have the opportunity
to watch the concert in the forum some day in the future????
(i mean someone who could post a file of the AX concert
so we could download it???)