Anime Expo convention report

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Any chance they were filming either concert?
chibiNekomancer

Post by chibiNekomancer »

Wow, i cant belive so many of us went, but did not meet ~_~
we should really get more organized ^^u

I am in hopes that they will make a dvd of it. The concert was excelent, from her singing up to when she talked to the audience (in english XD). She received a lot of cheers from us and so it was a good mood in the room.

The songs were VERY good. From the ones she sang i liked the new versions of:

* Kiseki no Umi. The original version i love, but never got used to the tone; in the concert she gave it a new touch with her now more mature voice, so i loved it ^o^

* Pocketo o Kara ni shite. It is very cool, how in her concert she gave like new life to her classic songs.

* Kaze no Fuku hi. As Maaya said, this is her favorite song, since it brngs her happiness when she sings it. It was not listed in the concert, but was a great suprise as an encore!.[/i]
Neko ga Suki na Anata to
Inu ga Suki na Watashi
-- Neko to Inu, Maaya Sakamoto
jason

Post by jason »

[quote="dillpops"]Any chance they were filming either concert?[/quote]
They were a couple cameramen videotaping the Maaya concert. I don't know who they worked for, but I presume Geneon, Anime Expo staff and/or Victor Ent.
Therax

Post by Therax »

I've updated the first post with a link to a version of the panel with dynamic range compression. I hope you'll agree that it's much easier to listen to than the raw version.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

[quote="jason"][quote="dillpops"]Any chance they were filming either concert?[/quote]
They were a couple cameramen videotaping the Maaya concert. I don't know who they worked for, but I presume Geneon, Anime Expo staff and/or Victor Ent.[/quote]

So that gives us a few possibilities that they were filming:

a) to give Maaya/Victor/Geneon staff a visual record of the concert
b) to release
c) they were filming Maaya to be projected on the screen at the concert (boring!)

But then, releasing gives us even more options:

a) it will be put out as an IDS only record on a bulletin or complete to buy
b) it will be on a DVD like Nikopachi had for first press of her new album
c) it will be released as a normal DVD for everyone to buy
d) it'll be released as a prize in a competition or something
e) Japan only
f) USA only

I really hope they release it...
Megumi

Post by Megumi »

It can't be released because it's not a "real" concert with a band etc... It was short too. So maybe an extra in a DVD...
slippy

Post by slippy »

c) they were filming Maaya to be projected on the screen at the concert (boring!)
Actually, yeah, that might have been it. The video screen had her at various angles, mixed in with some funky screensaver-style eye candy.
But I'd like to think clips of this may show up in a future DVD release with other good stuff. Normally a performance at AX would show up on the last volume of the promoted show. For example, Geneon put Ishida's concert at AX 2004, on the last volume of Ai Yori Aoshi (Enishi?.) An older Maaya performance was included on one of the Esca DVDs.

But because she wasn't promoting a new series (thus why I'm surprised she didn't perform Loop during the encore), obviously Geneon would have to put it somewhere else, if at all. Anison concerts are hard to find.
slade

Post by slade »

Did anyone that attended the focus panel happen to take pictures like I did?

All my digital pics of her turned out blurry and you can barely make out its her. So I was wondering if you did take pictures, like everyone else that was there could you share them. Consider it a birthday gift for me, since my birthday is Tuesday, July 12th.

Only thing that sucked for me about the focus panel, was I didn't get to ask my question! And from what I saw and read on the AX forum, she was really happy and cheery after her concert and she might have done my request/question.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Hey, do we have 150 members now? Welcome to the board ^^

http://www.geocities.jp/bunkaex/maaya2.html

Has pictures of the panel.
Therax

Post by Therax »

[quote="slippy"]But because she wasn't promoting a new series (thus why I'm surprised she didn't perform Loop during the encore), obviously Geneon would have to put it somewhere else, if at all. Anison concerts are hard to find.[/quote]
Considering her responses at the panel ("Do you know Tsubasa Chronicle?" *wild applause* *visible shock*), I don't think Geneon, Victor, or Maaya herself had even considered the possibility that US fans would know of Loop at all. I don't think promoting Tsubasa to a US audience was really in their planning.
Jérôme.

Post by Jérôme. »

[quote="Therax"]
Considering her responses at the panel ("Do you know Tsubasa Chronicle?" *wild applause* *visible shock*), I don't think Geneon, Victor, or Maaya herself had even considered the possibility that US fans would know of Loop at all. I don't think promoting Tsubasa to a US audience was really in their planning.[/quote]

Strange they have not realised yet what Internet can do...
Would anybody here be as maaya-faned as he is without the Internet ?
Megumi

Post by Megumi »

No that's impossible :|

INTERNET IS MY GOD[/size]

XD
Yuki-chan

Post by Yuki-chan »

Waaaa~
i feel so depressed now >_<
maybe in 2010 >_<

Anyway, THANK YOU VERY MUCH THERAX!!!!
That was the first interview that i can feel her and her presence ^^
She is so cute trying to speak in english XD uhuhhuhuhu
I want to be her friend =(
"Missing someone doesnt mean you are apart but that one day you were together"
slade

Post by slade »

does anyone have bigger pictures?

sorry if i sound picky, I was just wondering if someone did have bigger pictures, cause I want to make a wallpaper out them. Otherwise I would have to blow it up myself in photoshop 7.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

I don't know what it is but some of those questions I cringed at ^^;;;;;;;;

I really didn't know that the Shounen Alice Unplugged was that hard to get although i guess Maaya's is pretty lucky because a lot of us have a LOT of Maaya stuff which we've shared since this forum opened and since we were over at merri's place.
They were a couple cameramen videotaping the Maaya concert. I don't know who they worked for, but I presume Geneon, Anime Expo staff and/or Victor Ent.
And, oh my word!! We have Jason from MS.net joined our little Maaya community ^^ wow. Welcome aboard. I don't suppose there are any traces of Maaya left on you that we could possibly steal and share out? :P