The Other Side of Lucy ~official thread~

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

[quote="kirei_lanford"]the most surprising fact to me is... that dillpops actually is a she... hehe from the way you talk i always thought u are a guy dillpops :D [/quote]

Eh? A guy? ^___^ riiight. I get it. This comes on the day I'm told I'm quite butch compared to my friend, ha, ha. Woo! Thanks :P
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

thx??? for what?? are you glad being called a guy?? ... :evil:

anyway are you planning to show off... perhaps in an anime related festival or somekind...?? Im pretty sure there would be really few of cover band bringing maaya song...*really really few* :lol:

still trying to dl your songs though... :P

and jerome you made the arrangements via PC program right... i mean for the symphony lines...?? or are you using those anyway??

im really an amateur of music programming... i could't imagine a person could make new arrangement from Yoko Kanno's string company :o
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
Jérôme.

Post by Jérôme. »

errr..... I'm not quite sure understanding the question, but I'll try to answer :)

in the musical process, there is basically 2 step in the creation of a piece
- the composition which consist in making the principal melodical line (generally the lead voice) and the harmony of the whole (the sequence of chords)
- the arrangements which consist in choosing all the instruments, and writting their lines. Sadly, it often done nowadays with computer instead of real instruments, but computer music softwares aren't needed systematicaly in the process.

for Yoru, I've done everything with my guitars, and used my computer only for alter a little my sound, and for mixing the whole thing in final...

hope this is the answer you expected :)
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

i mean did you actually included all those synthetic brass, strings, woodwinds and percussions lines in those songs?? -using your pc program- to make the song similiar to the original song *of course with some inovation*... or you just simply make your own arrangements with less instruments?? :D

yeah of course in the first possibility you have to get some assistance from the real scores... *coz if you don't then you're really advance* :lol:

you know im imagining saigo no mameshiba that has Yoko altered it in both of its arrangement and instrument to bring a new atmosphere to the song... :roll:

sorry both my english skill and my music knowledge are sucks, then its none of ur blame to get confuse from what im saying.. :P
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

These are acoustic versions since there's only two of us ^^
Jérôme.

Post by Jérôme. »

[quote="kirei_lanford"]t
still trying to dl your songs though... :P
[/quote]

If your have still problems downlmoading them, I can upload the files on a server if it could help...
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

thanks, but i've got that one fixed right now... :)

good job, although not splendid, but i see the song itself not the final work afterall... :lol:

dillpops, you have quite a good pronounce in japan words... it doesn't seem that ur an english and jerome nice work. keep tryin u guys... :evil:

sorry, i put my thought too much on music arrangement programmes... i thought that thing could do almost everything :P
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

It's been over a year since me and Jerome released something, hasn't it ^^;;;;;;;; and we picked a really difficult song as well >_< but here we are with our third song. Not that we weren't working on several :P

Um...comments being, so hard to sing but as usual Jerome's guitar skills are amazing. I'm still impressed to hear them everytime. Maaya's singing is truly amazing because this song is difficult.

Please enjoy ^^
takeyuki

Post by takeyuki »

great song! dilly you have a lovely voice... its little like Mayaa's voice.

waiting to hear more from you both.

ganbare!
misssakura

Post by misssakura »

Wait, where is it?
If you have any poo, better fling it now.
takeyuki

Post by takeyuki »

in the first page of the thread
Jérôme.

Post by Jérôme. »

[quote="dillpops"]
Um...comments being, so hard to sing but as usual Jerome's guitar skills are amazing. I'm still impressed to hear them everytime. Maaya's singing is truly amazing because this song is difficult.
[/quote]

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

[quote="misssakura"]Wait, where is it?[/quote]

They are all attached to the first post ^^V maybe one day I'll get some webspace...
Jérôme.

Post by Jérôme. »

We made some live recording of our project !

Check it up here !
itada19

Post by itada19 »

Not bad....! ^-^

Splendid!