[News] Let's celebrate that day !! ^o^ (details on page 5)

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
Sora

Post by Sora »

Wow thanks Dilly-chan for the link !!^^

So, let's summarize what we know now :

*NEW* [I.D.] has now opened a special website for "Yuunagi LOOP" with complete tracklist and credits, songs samples, liner notes, pictures from the making of "Honey Come" PV and also a diary about the making of the album :)

Cover design :

Title : 「夕凪LOOP」 ("Yuunagi LOOP", "Loop of a Calm Evening" ?)

Release date : October 26th 2005
Reference : VICL-61755 (regular edition) and VIZL-155 (limited edition)
Price (limited and regular editions) : ¥3,045 (tax included)

*NEW* Limited edition bonus : a special disc (CD-ROM) featuring PVs ; two are expected, "Loop" and "Honey Come" :)
Preorder privilege : an announcement poster and a magnet clip (only for people preordering from Animate..?)

*NEW* People can now download "Honey Come" from Victor's pay-per-download service na@h since September 22th !

Music type : jostling pop tunes^^

People taking part in the songs production include h-wonder (a.k.a. Hiroki WADA, who has already composed "Loop" for Maaya^^), Takashi HAMAZAKI from the group FLYING KIDS, Ryo YOSHIMATA (who is producing music for movies and TV dramas and also composing and arranging songs for many Japanese artists*1) and Shusui from the group canna*2 among others. Lyricists include Maaya herself, as well as h's and Takashi HAMAZAKI (among others *bis*). Shoko SUZUKI*4) also participated on two songs (lyrics, composition and arrangements) :)

A total of 12 tracks is expected (click on the songs names to listen to a sample) :

01 - Hello
Lyrics : 坂本真綾 (Maaya SAKAMOTO)
Composition : Shusui / Robin FREDRIKSON / Ola LARSSON / Fredrik HULT
Arrangements : 中西亮輔 (Ryousuke NAKANISHI)[/size]

02 - [url=rtsp://stream.jvcmusic.co.jp:554/SE9/SE9-21306.ra]ハニー・カム[/url] ("HANII-KAMU" / "Honey Come", "Honey Comb"...)
Lyrics : 浜崎貴司 (Takashi HAMAZAKI)
Composition and Arrangements : h-wonder[/size]

*NEW* "Honey Come" is a cute uptempo kind of anime song with a refreshing atmosphere ; radio sample (1 minute 35 seconds) and full song (4 minutes 48 seconds) are both available here :)

03 - [url=rtsp://stream.jvcmusic.co.jp:554/SE9/SE9-20221.ra]ループ[/url] ("RUUPU" / "Loop")
Lyrics : h's

04 - 若葉 ("Wakaba" / "Young Leaves", "Fresh Verdure")
Composition : 周水 (Shusui)
Arrangements : 中西亮輔 (Ryousuke NAKANISHI*3)[/size]

05 - パプリカ ("PAPURIKA" / "Paprika")
Lyrics : 岩里祐穂 (Yuuho IWASATO)
Composition and Arrangements : 中塚武 (Takeshi NAKATSUKA)[/size]

06 - My Favorite Books
Lyrics : h's
Composition and Arrangements : 吉俣良 (Ryo YOSHIMATA)[/size]

07 - [url=rtsp://stream.jvcmusic.co.jp:554/SE9/SE9-21307.ra]月と走りながら[/url] ("Tsuki to Hashirinagara" / "While Running with the Moon")
Lyrics, Composition and Arrangements : 浜崎貴司 (Takashi HAMAZAKI)[/size]

08 - [url=rtsp://stream.jvcmusic.co.jp:554/SE9/SE9-21308.ra]NO FEAR / あいすること[/url] ("NO FEAR / Aisuru Koto" / "NO FEAR / Love Affair")
Lyrics, Composition and Arrangements : 鈴木祥子 (Shoko SUZUKI)[/size]

09 - ユニゾン ("YUNIZON" / "Unison")
Lyrics : 岩里祐穂 (Yuuho IWASATO)
Composition : 周水 (Shusui)
Arrangements : 中西亮輔 (Ryousuke NAKANISHI)[/size]

10 - [url=rtsp://stream.jvcmusic.co.jp:554/SE9/SE9-21309.ra]冬ですか[/url] ("Fuyu desu ka" / "Is it Winter ?")

11 - 夕凪LOOP ("Yuunagi LOOP", "Loop of a Calm Evening")
Composition and Arrangements : 中塚武 (Takeshi NAKATSUKA)[/size]

12 - a happy ending
Composition and Arrangements : 鈴木祥子 (Shoko SUZUKI)[/size]

-----
*1 : such as aiko, CHAGE&ASKA, canna (!), 熊木杏里 (Anri KUMAKI), 石井聖子 (Seiko ISHII), 仲間由紀恵 (Yukie NAKAMA), 中川晃教 (Akinori NAKAGAWA), MIKIKO, hitomi...

*2 : canna is a group composed of two guys, Takashi TANINAKA (vocal) and Shusui (keyboard, bass, guitar and chorus) ; the music type is folk ; from what I found, Shusui's favourite artists include The Beatles (like Maaya^^), Billy Joel, Elton John and Sting...

*3 : Ryousuke Nakanishi (a.k.a. studio-R) is a composer and sound producer who has worked with m-flo, Crystal Kay, Heads, KOKIA, w-inds., Heartsdales, 安倍麻美 (Asami ABE) and Hikaru Utada, among others^^ ; his favourite artists are Aerosmith :) (I had some troubles finding informations about him using the kanji writing of his name, but I found some using "Ryosuke Nakanishi" - without a "u" after "ryo"^^ ;)

*4 : Shoko Suzuki is a singer and songwriter (she can also play drums, piano, guitar and some other instruments like glockenspiel^^) ; her favourite artists are Neil Young, James Taylor, Sandy Denny and Laura Nyro (I don't know anyone of them :s ) ; musical influences seem to be acoustic/folk/pop/rock :) [/size]
-----

It seems like Maaya has collaborated with people with very different music influences on this album... I'm very curious to see the result^^

Sources : [I.D.], Coma, Tower Records, Neowing (CDJapan Japanese version), Jbook, Animate and MusicMarket
☆NIKOPACHI☆ Love and... Peace !! \(^O^)/
Megumi

Post by Megumi »

Very interesting !!! I'm interesting about Shusui ! Folk songs like Maaya like :)
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

[quote="Megumi"]Very interesting !!! I'm interesting about Shusui ! Folk songs like Maaya like :) [/quote]

uhh... have you heard that song already?? :3
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Sora you are too energetic, that list has been typed up now three times in two pages XD
roxfan

Post by roxfan »

[quote="Sora"]
Limited edition bonus : a special disc (CD-ROM) featuring PVs ; two are expected ("Loop" PV and another one... :)
[/quote]
I think it's "two video clips besides Loop".
Megumi

Post by Megumi »

[quote="kirei_lanford"][quote="Megumi"]Very interesting !!! I'm interesting about Shusui ! Folk songs like Maaya like :) [/quote]

uhh... have you heard that song already?? :3[/quote]

???? I didn't say that I heard a song !! He likes apparently folk songs so that's good if he has done some folk songs for Maaya.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

[quote="roxfan"][quote="Sora"]
Limited edition bonus : a special disc (CD-ROM) featuring PVs ; two are expected ("Loop" PV and another one... :)
[/quote]
I think it's "two video clips besides Loop".[/quote]

That's what the excite translator came out as too. but surely after years of no PV's Maaya wouldn't have THREE? Maybe it's like the Nikopachi DVD and the last video clip is credits/making of?...I wouldn't mind that.

People who say CD-rom's aren't that great, I have Ayumi Hamasaki's LOVEppears album and the CD-rom on that is really good quality and is pretty to watch ^^ so it'll be ok.

also easy to rip the mpg files off, but don't tell anyone![/size]
chibiNekomancer

Post by chibiNekomancer »

[quote="dillpops"]Sora you are too energetic, that list has been typed up now three times in two pages XD[/quote]

I bet Sora has spies in Maaya's recording studio XD
But really, she even makes the post right, so the info
is easy to read and all. Kinda makes me think i should
put more effort into the post format :p

Thank you Sora, all your efforts are very appreciated! \o/
Maaya's would not be the same without you ^_^
Neko ga Suki na Anata to
Inu ga Suki na Watashi
-- Neko to Inu, Maaya Sakamoto
Sora

Post by Sora »

[quote="dillpops"]Sora you are too energetic, that list has been typed up now three times in two pages XD[/quote]
Oh yeah... x__X I guess I need more holidays TT-TT

[quote="roxfan"]I think it's "two video clips besides Loop".[/quote]
OMG !! X___X[/size]

3 PVs ??!!?? Is that possible ??? ;*_______*;

[quote="chibiNekomancer"]Thank you Sora, all your efforts are very appreciated! \o/
Maaya's would not be the same without you ^_^[/quote]
Thanks Chibi TT-TT
Well, I wouldn't be the same without Maaya's either ^^ (I love you girls and guys ;__ ;)
Rakugaki

Post by Rakugaki »

No Yoko Kanno on this album... I'm a little bit afraid... Loop was a little "classic" for me.
Yuki-chan

Post by Yuki-chan »

No Sora-sama, no lhama
well...i dont know whats rhymes with sama -_-
ANYWAY!! THANKIES FOR THE INFOOOOOO!!
~mation XD HAuHauUahuHUahA -_- omg...i tell the "joke" and im the only one that laugh about it XD aww dammit...so stupid -_-
"Missing someone doesnt mean you are apart but that one day you were together"
Sora

Post by Sora »

OMG !!! Look at that jacket cover !!! *____________*[/size]
It's very well done imo O________________O

Source : JBook
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

WOOOOOW...her feet are big :P
Sora

Post by Sora »

(I've just updated the first post of this page with more informations ;)
Tenson

Post by Tenson »

Oh, I like the cover, I really like it. :maayagrin:

I wish one day I would open my guitar case and hop!... a Sakamoto Maaya apears :3

Note for Megumi: I mean, a "normal" hop, not the "other one" :P [/size]