AnimeFest 2005 Concert in Dallas, TX

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
Tofusensei

AnimeFest 2005 Concert in Dallas, TX

Post by Tofusensei »

Ahh, it was so worth the trip *_*

She sang two songs that she did not do at AX... Loop and a GORGEOUS rendition of Tune the Rainbow!!

I was unable to record this concert (sorry, guys), but I assure you it was one of the most wonderful concerts she could have done.. The fans seemed a lot less educated about Maaya than the ones at AX, but it's nice to see her being exposed to a new audience :)

Also, they didn't do ANY whoring for her CD this time around :X

I can't make it to the panel (again), so if someone can record it, that'd be amazing!

please m(__)m

-Tofu

Anyone else there at the show??
The only MMORPG I play is fansubbing.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Must not be jealous.Must not be jealous.Must not be jealous.Must not be jealous.Must not be jealous.Must not be jealous.Must not be jealous.Must not be jealous.Must not be jealous.Must not be jealous.Must not be jealous.
Jérôme.

Post by Jérôme. »

[quote="dillpops"]Must not be jealous.Must not be jealous.Must not be jealous.Must not be jealous.Must not be jealous.Must not be jealous.Must not be jealous.Must not be jealous.Must not be jealous.Must not be jealous.Must not be jealous.[/quote]

I am
Tofusensei

Post by Tofusensei »

One other thing worth mentioning...
At one point in the show the crowd gave her a standing ovation, and she was so touched (plus I think she realized she was leaving America again), that she started to cry. It was so emotional and beautiful *_*

She had to hold back her tears for her encore (Tune the Rainbow).

It was an amazing show :)

-Tofu
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

So are you going to tell us anything else about the show or do we have to beat it out of you? :cry: tell us what else she sang and whether the set up was better than the other concert. Or SOMETHING, help us out a little...
chibiNekomancer

Post by chibiNekomancer »

[quote="Tofusensei"]One other thing worth mentioning...
At one point in the show the crowd gave her a standing ovation, and she was so touched (plus I think she realized she was leaving America again), that she started to cry. It was so emotional and beautiful *_*

She had to hold back her tears for her encore (Tune the Rainbow).

It was an amazing show :)

-Tofu[/quote]

Could you tell us more? ^_^
Maaya crying? i would have loved to go ;__;

I hope Geneon releases a DVD or something of the concert, otherwise i will hate it forever and ever.
Neko ga Suki na Anata to
Inu ga Suki na Watashi
-- Neko to Inu, Maaya Sakamoto
jason

Post by jason »

[quote="dillpops"]So are you going to tell us anything else about the show or do we have to beat it out of you? :cry: tell us what else she sang and whether the set up was better than the other concert. Or SOMETHING, help us out a little...[/quote]
Yes... MORE DETAILS PLEASE!!! And I probably shouldn't be asking this, but if someone managed to get a bootleg audio recording of the concert, well ya know. :wink:

Right now I'm just really bummed because I didn't even get a chance to attend PMX because I had to work during the whole Labor Day weekend. :cry:
Yuki-chan

Post by Yuki-chan »

omg...she cried?! T_T now im feeling like crying too >_<
awaaaaaaa ;_____________;
i feel so sentimental when its about famous people XD maybe it's a shock to know they are human beings too AhUAHuUAuHAuUAhuHAuhAUA cough cough -_-" well...-_-"

Im sure someone recorded the show /pif (no no...im just being optimistic XD)
"Missing someone doesnt mean you are apart but that one day you were together"
Tofusensei

Post by Tofusensei »

Well it was basically the same songs as the AX show, with the additions of Tune the Rainbow, and Loop.

Sorry, I did not write down a set list ><

The order was basically the same, as well.

Regarding the A/V setup... They started out trying to copy the AX setup, but the video engineer royally screwed up the timing on the Mameshiba video and actually had to drop the original plan and improvise. I was quite impressed with his recovery, and showed some really neat shots of Maaya in B&W, overlayed with video patterns and stuff, with music video clips dispersed within. It was very well done.

She didn't seem to do any promotion for her new CD, which was a nice treat for us hardcore fans. (I didn't particularly care for her promoter at the AX show).

She also said that Kaze ga Fuku Hi is her favorite song, which was news to me *_* It's also one of my favorite songs :D So beautiful...

She's such a sweetheart :)

Oh, and her Japanese fan club had little to no presence at all at this show, and her entourage who videotaped messages from fans to her at AX was also not there. (I was hoping to get on video to send another message to Maaya, I got to send one at AX :D )

All in all, it was completely worth the trip. I don't care if people say it was a lot of money for a concert, I'd pay $1000 to see Maaya again ><

-Tofu
Gibb

Post by Gibb »

Doh I was beaten to the AnimeFEST post.

Couple things to add:

When she came out, the first thing she said was "Haidal" which was her attempt at saying "Howdy Yall" I think, hehe. She said she likes Texas but it's a bit "hatsui".

Here is the tracklist (i dont know the name of track 2):

1. Yokusoku wa iranai
2. Arjuna song
3. Kiseki no umi
4. Gravity
5. Loop
6. Gift
7. Kaze no fuku hi
8. Tune the Rainbow

All in all it was a pretty short concert (roughly an hour or less). Maaya was great and sang beautifully, but I wish there would have been a band. Having pre-recorded music playing by tape behind her made it sound almost like you were just listening to a CD, and not as unique and concert like.

There was a warm up band who opened for Maaya called Ramen & Rice. They are 2 women, one who plays a violin, the other a cello (sp?). Ramen & Rice was VERY impressive, playing some of the most incredible instrumental music i've heard in a while. They played several of Maaya's songs, as well as some other songs from Video games and anime.

I think if they would have gotten Ramen & Rice to play backup for Maaya, and had a completely acoustic concert, it would have been SO much better.

She had a few intermissions where she talked about the songs and such. After the first song she said she was really nervous and her arm wouldnt stop shaking hehe. The crowd was yelling things like "dont be nervous!" and "we love you Maaya!". At one point she seemed to get a little frustrated with her english skills and said something like "nihongo no ii desuka?" to which the crowed replied "HAI!". Then later somebody in the crowed yelled "Ogenki desu ka?!" and she said "genki desu!". It was pretty funny :D . When she introduced Loop, she seemed pretty surprised that everybody in the audience already knew and loved the song. I suppose she thought it would be new since Tsubasa Chronicle is not licensed over in the US yet.

Sorry, no pictures from me as well because they would have thrown me out of the concert had I tried to :(

As for the background visualizations, I thought they were pretty stupid for the most part. Several of the songs seemed to have a Windows Media Player type squiggly lines and circles thing going on. A few had some music video scenes playing in the background, which was kind of cool.

Sorry about this hard to read forum post. I'm back at work after getting insufficient rest time over my pretty chaotic weekend and I cant think straight >_<
Otakuwiki.com: Disgaea 4 (PS3)
Current Avatar: Fuuka from Disgaea 4
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Thanks for the reports :) sounds like it wa more interesting than the AX one...especially with two extra songs.
Yuki-chan

Post by Yuki-chan »

AWAAA!! i dont believe no one posted the show mp3 HUAHauUHaUahUahHahUaHahUahUHauhauHA omg omg...excuse for a moment, i'll go to that corner and kill myself...
I want to listen to Tune The Rainbow live!! <o>
"Missing someone doesnt mean you are apart but that one day you were together"
luminaire

Post by luminaire »

Ooh, sounds cool. Now we wait for audio rip *cough*.

Thanks for sharing, y'all. =)
slade

Post by slade »

Good stuff! But yea seriously, what a surprise to hear that it was almost the same songs as the AX concert, except for Loop and Tune the Rainbow! But all good!

Hahaha, texan english is so different than just plain english, it must have been interesting to hear her say hello.
Tofusensei

Post by Tofusensei »

I wouldn't expect an audio rip, but that's just my hunch :X

-Tofu