Official Yuunagi LOOP discussion

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
Gibb

Post by Gibb »

[quote="Yuki-chan"]i can see her thigh HAuHUAhuHAhUHAuHUAhHAhUAH

awaaaaa >_> bad habit i got from my ecchi friend >_>[/quote]

Have an ecchi friend eh? Would this ecchi friend happen to be female? ^__^
Otakuwiki.com: Disgaea 4 (PS3)
Current Avatar: Fuuka from Disgaea 4
frecklegirl

Post by frecklegirl »

[quote="Sora"]I think it's one of the most beautiful Maaya posters I've ever seen..! *___*

Lucky [Japanese] people ordering from Animate or HMV could get other special goodies, such as magnet clips and signed record size jackets ;_____;[/quote]

That's all right, I'm not jealous of their magnet clips and signed jackets (okay, maybe a little) because of the poster!! ahhh <3 It really is beautiful, isn't it? I've been wanting a Maaya poster for so long, too... it's a little rebellious on my wall, since it was rolled up so tightly, it keeps wanting to unroll and won't lay flat... ah well. Posterrrr~~ :3

:)
chrono

Post by chrono »

[quote="Merri"]Split the picture above into several pieces and print a few A4 papers, each with one part of the "super high quality" picture :D And then glue it all together....Is it weird?[/quote]
Hahaha, I used to do that when I first got into anime. I have a Kyuuketsuki hime Miyuu, Evangelion, Aa megami-sama, and probably other posters made that way with 9 sheets of paper all taped together LOL
Tenson

Post by Tenson »

Now I 've heard the album 6 times, so I can write my impressions about it more properly about it. Let's go! \o/

Hello - Joyfull song. I like the arrangements, except the percussion track. Likely the most "round" song of the album.

Honeycomb - Standard catchy popish song. I hate the synthetic bass drum. I humm the refrain sometimes (maybe as self-penitence :P )

Loop - Another joyfull song, and I like the lyrics too (the only lyrics I know from this record). I like the drums in the intro and verses. I would like an orchestral arrangement and a shorter song. Is interesting that the song ends with the intro, but with Maaya backings; I prefer it without backings.

Wakaba - Nice melodie. Is a song for sing it all together with entwine hands :3

Paprika - Bossa? Sweeeet. I would like a lower key and natural strings. A warmer production, in fact... but Yuunagi is not a warm work.

My Favourite Books - A rocking song, yeah! In this track I really like the percussion section. It is absent when it has to be, and control the feeling the song perfectly when is present. Maybe with a keyboard the song would be better. I would like to have a long ending for that song, but with maaya instead of the guitar.

Tomorrow more :D
chrono

Post by chrono »

[quote="Tenson"]Loop - Another joyfull song, and I like the lyrics too (the only lyrics I know from this record). I like the drums in the intro and verses. I would like an orchestral arrangement and a shorter song.[/quote]
If it's a shorter song you want, the TV-size appears as track 20 on Tsubasa Chronicle's first OST :3
Tenson

Post by Tenson »

Tsuki to Hashinagara - A simple song, but beautiful. I would like to add a string quartet and use a spanish guitar instead the current one. The arangements has a high picth for my taste.

NO FEAR ~ Aisuro Koto - Maaya and a piano, that's enough for fill this song. Maaya sings nice but this song requires more vigour, zeal, spirit... Maybe the most kannoish song of the album?

Unison - I like how the song is growing and changing. The first 2:40 of the song are my favourite part of the CD. I don't like much the middle part of the song. Maybe a version without that part would be one of my favourites of Maaya. Anyway, a non-standar constructed song. Nice to hear something not usual.

Fuyu Desu Ka - Fiesta! XD Those vivid metal winds make me think about a party and confetty and so

Yuunagi Loop - The verse is very elegant, but the refrain doesn't fit. Strange :S

A Happy Ending - The silly song of the album. If I have to choose a song for delete it from the album, I'll choose this one.

[quote="chrono"][quote="Tenson"]Loop - Another joyfull song, and I like the lyrics too (the only lyrics I know from this record). I like the drums in the intro and verses. I would like an orchestral arrangement and a shorter song.[/quote]

If it's a shorter song you want, the TV-size appears as track 20 on Tsubasa Chronicle's first OST :3[/quote]

Well, not that short! :lol: The PV version (3:25 mins) is fine :wink:

----------------------------------------------
Ah, my post number 300 \o/[/size]
(But Megumi defeated me again Grrrr...)[/size]
frecklegirl

Post by frecklegirl »

[quote="Tenson"]A Happy Ending - The silly song of the album. If I have to choose a song for delete it from the album, I'll choose this one.[/quote]

Oh no, you don't like A Happy Ending? It seems many other people don't, either. I love it!! I listened to it first by accident and I thought it was a great song to start off the album. But it works well as an ending too. The "Oh lady, my lady" part is kind of silly, I almost wish that wasn't in it, but I just love the melody so much @_@ The whole song makes me happy. :3
mood

Post by mood »

yes, the oh lady part is soo silly. my lady sweet lady...
sounds like a song for litte children. but who does she adress to?

i think the worst songs are happy ending und wakaba. its so pointless.
hello sounds like the early britney spears/ backstreet boys/ everyday popsound, honeycomb could be a typical anime opening.
unison is strange... but i like the progressiv part of it.
fuyu desuka is stupid. these frog sounds are getting on my nerves.
no fear could be beautiful if maayas voice was like it was in shonen alice.
you all wrote its the most kannoish song. maybe its because of the similarities to "call your name"refrain in the pre-refrain/ bridge of the new song. it also reminds me of bonnie pinks style.#
yuunagi loop is elegant, i agree, paprika not as cool as it.
tsuki to... is somehow nostalgic and folky but also a song to sleep well....

now i think there is a little japanese-jazz influence and at the same time the goal to fit other popstars... very strange.
but i still try to listen to it and hope ill accept this album one day.
in the end its maaya!
Merri
Posting Freak

Post by Merri »

A lot of Japanese stuff could be accounted for small children in the US and Europe, yet it isn't accounted in Japan :roll: Many Maaya songs are very childish and I tend to avoid listening to those. As for A Happy Ending, I think too that the oh lady my lady is no good and ruins the song, kind of too much. I might actually dislike more of Maaya's songs if I understood the lyrics while listening, but that is a different story.

In my eyes, though, Nikopachi is still the weakest Maaya album. Yuunagi might go slightly above Grapefruit on my list. Or even above Shounen Alice. I didn't need as much getting used to this album as with Shounen Alice.
Now stuck in programming JavaScript
mood

Post by mood »

yes thats a point. we dont understand every japanese song so we are happy with just the sound.
chrono

Post by chrono »

[quote="Merri"]As for A Happy Ending, I think too that the oh lady my lady is no good and ruins the song, kind of too much.[/quote]
Am I the only person here who completely likes the lyrics of that song? XD
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

well, still looking for copies or dls... haven't heard a single thing besides loop and honey come.... poor me :cry:

still struggling in my final assignment, but im sure when i got through with this ill start looking for it, have to XD
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
Megumi

Post by Megumi »

[quote="Tenson"]
Ah, my post number 300 \o/[/size]
(But Megumi defeated me again Grrrr...)[/size]
----------------------------------------------[/quote]

Nyahahaha !
Yes ^^

And I like a happy ending, so cute :roll: you're not alone Chrono and Frecklegirl !!
Merri
Posting Freak

Post by Merri »

Lets make a song game. Each song gets a certain love/hate level and damage level. Then we share songcards for people and they start hitting at eachother with the songs until the loser admits the other one has better songs. And after that everyone loves all Maaya songs that ever existed!

Btw, I'm hallucinating.
Now stuck in programming JavaScript
Yuki-chan

Post by Yuki-chan »

[quote="Gibb"][quote="Yuki-chan"]i can see her thigh HAuHUAhuHAhUHAuHUAhHAhUAH

awaaaaa >_> bad habit i got from my ecchi friend >_>[/quote]

Have an ecchi friend eh? Would this ecchi friend happen to be female? ^__^[/quote]

No he isnt a girl AHuHAUHHAuUAHHauUHaHuaA
well...but i guess i can find an ecchi girl XD no problem~ XD
"Missing someone doesnt mean you are apart but that one day you were together"