The Maaya album (2005 – 2010, closed)

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.

The Best Album?

Total votes: 0
maxita

Post by maxita »

[quote="kirei_lanford"]it's glad to have soulmates indeed... :D

u know it's not an easy job to find pals with the almost the same favourite artist as well as the same taste!! :lol:

having to think about this, i remember some people around me never AT ALL showed the same anxiety as i had when i listened to those kinda music... yeah they prefer avril lavigne's youth music or linkin park's noisy music...

:evil:

it's not that i hate those kinda music yet type of songs like afternoon repose, sonomamadeiinda, tomodachi, uchuu hikoushi no uta, call your name and gravity have made some big impact to my deepest feeling... in a more calm approach than the other and then yes, as you've gussed... i really fallin in love with those kinda songs since the first i listened to them :cry:

*although i love almost all songs from maaya* :P

it's like my ears are really set up for those kinda songs you know what i mean :?[/quote]

Well, well, I should say I really love you! :lol:
Just like you, many of my friends are Avril Lavigne's or Linkin Park's fans.And the ones who love Japanese music take no interest in Maaya's songs and most of them even don't know her at all. So I have no one share my fellings. :cry:
I love Maaya, but I have to say love Yoko more. What a genius she is!"it's like my ears are really set up for those kinda songs. "I have the same feeling.
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

yeah yoko kanno is brilliant.. :lol:

i still can't think of her being too much underestimated by japanese music community *being placed far below thet famous composer ryuichi sakamoto... while i think Kanno-san's the better side* :lol:

anyway how come hotcpotch and nikopachi don't get better vote, is it becoz those aren't original album, which are actually compilations??... :o. They have excellent songs you can ever get from maaya-chan and kanno-san :D
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
maxita

Post by maxita »

Yeah, I believe Kanno sama is the best Japanese composer ever! But just as she herself said, she and her music are underestimated because of sex discrimination and the style of her music. It's really unfair!!
Nikopachi...Actually I have no impression on it. :?
frecklegirl

Post by frecklegirl »

[quote="maxita"]Yeah, I wanna type そのままでいいんだ, but Japanese may be a little difficult to understand.
But I translated it wrong., it should be You're Fine As You Are.^^[/quote]'

Oooh, that's an interesting way of translating it. Not having seen another translation elsewhere, I went with my own, which was "It's Fine That Way," but I may end up preferring yours.

I started to translate the song itself, but it got a little difficult, and I gave up for now. I might come back to it later, though. I guess once the whole song is translated, we can see which one is more accurate.

Did you come up with "You're Fine As You Are" yourself, or see it somewhere? And if it's yours, what made you translate it that way? *curious* :)
maxita

Post by maxita »

Well, I firstly translated it As Fine As You Are, but on the album's list I mean the offical name is You Are Fine As You Are.
You're going to translate the whole song?Well, pretty good! I'm worrying for a long time because I cannot understand the lyrics...
frecklegirl

Post by frecklegirl »

There is an official translated name?? Are you sure? Where does it say this? @_@
Tenson

Post by Tenson »

Well, I'm not sure if there is an "official" translation name, but in some files around P2P networks, the song is named in English as You're Fine as You Are

Also, there is the translation you can find in The Yoko Kanno Database site:

そのままでいいんだ
Sono Mamade Iin da
You're Fine as You Are
maxita

Post by maxita »

I've bought the album,and on it the name of this track is You're Fine as You Are. In my opinion, this is of course the offical name.
Chibikko

Post by Chibikko »

Where did you buy the album?
maxita

Post by maxita »

taiwai
having reminded by your question, i begin to realize they maybe translated themselves.
sorry for making this mistake -_-|||
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

whmmm
maxita,,,
ive been so much overwhelmed by afternoon repose lyrics lately :D

i mean, at first i thought maaya isn't pronouncing the english well enough, but after seeing the lyrics you have no idea how im mesmerized by the lyrics. I never rembered seeing any song in english that has a lyric close to this one. It also has some great words like "summer eclipse" and "outshinning sorrow"

it was awesome
it's like a whole mystical world for me,,,

sorry for this stupid question, but beside me is there anyone here that pay attention for afternoon repose lyric like i do???
Lenscape

Maaya's album

Post by Lenscape »

is there 'kiseki no umi' in hotchpotch? yups.. i'll run into it
:)
but forall, i think shonenalice is the best :maayagrin:
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

so... what did you pick??
hotchpotch or shonen alice lenscape :roll:

o yea,,, and welcome for you...
hope you have a great time here :wink:

guys, me and lenscape is in the same university..
it's great to have a close maaya fan!! :D
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

Hello, my first post. overall i favour Lucy but rate by album like so:

Grapefruits: 7/11
DIVE: 7/11
Lucy: 9/12
Easy Listening: 2/7 (ouch)
Shounen Alice: 8/16
Yuunagi LOOP: 9/12

technically i feel that Shounen Alice is Maaya sama's strongest album but i just prefer Lucy, DIVE and Yuunagi LOOP :D
Megumi

Post by Megumi »

Yeeeeah me too ! Welcome !