The Maaya album (2005 – 2010, closed)

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.

The Best Album?

Total votes: 0
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

it's strange that only a few people pick hotchpotch. it's not really a collection of her previous releases,,, i mean about half of them were new ones.. i think it's still better than Nikopachi and only lose an inch to shonen alice for the reason that it's also not really an original album release.. it's still the best for me.
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
itada19

Post by itada19 »

Whooaa!! I dunno because I really love all of her songs....from singles to album!

Mmmm...if I your going to ask me what album....i will go for Nikopachi

gosh...It's really hard to choose!
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

you know, if you ask me.. my nikopachi rating isn't as big as hotchpotch, SA or Lucy.. that's becoz the number of english songs.. it's so different to her previous albums.. i just can't handle too much english songs in one album..
itada19

Post by itada19 »

...... :D Confused!

Really like Maaya afterall.....!
flacunsia

Post by flacunsia »

to me:

LUCY blows up my head higher than any other O.o

it is amazing, a really beautiful and complete album, starting from the a classic piano tunes of track one until the extremly heavenly paroxysm of T-SHIRTS

frecklegirl

Post by frecklegirl »

...and what about the songs after T-Shirt? Rule ~Iro Asenai Hibi is an amazing song!
ableh

Post by ableh »

Shonen Alice!

and when I heard Maaya play it Unplugged live in Studio, I got a goosebumps hahaha
haltech

Post by haltech »

My Ranking :
1) Lucy
2) Kazeyomi
3) 30 minutes night flight (really like setsuna)
4) Shonen Alice
5) Nikopachi
6) Hotchpotch
7) Yunagi Loop
8) Grapefruit and Easy Listening
9) Dive
magicstone2007

Post by magicstone2007 »

If "tune the rainbow" can release an album, I will choose it! No Doubt!!! :P
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

whaddayamean??
if tune the rainbow what u looking for, it's in nikopachi right?? :?
TomoyoHime

Post by TomoyoHime »

I had a bad time trying to decide x_x
it was betwen dive or shounen alice, chosed second one
Maaya grow in this cd
RaveD

Post by RaveD »

I still haven't heard all the albums yet... shame on me.
All glory to the hypnotoad!

RaveD's YouTube channel
Merri
Posting Freak

Post by Merri »

I finally updated the poll to include Kazeyomi.
Now stuck in programming JavaScript
gradualpetrify

Post by gradualpetrify »

hello everyone.

i will start slowly. today i will check out grapefruit a bit and then in the next days the other albums. i judged kazeyomi a bit few posts ago somewhere before. so when i finally come to her last album i will make it shorter.

- edit-time -
yea the booklet. there is not much to say about it. she looks so young. almost like a child on some pics. the pics look like "still beeing in the process of finding herself". maybe others told her what kind of photos to shoot idk. cute yellow shirt with blue flowers <.< tasty cake.

1. feel myself: i feel the same till a certain point in the content. my heart beats different. too much time and space inside.
sound fits to the lyrics. contemplative and a bit dreamy. but the rhythm is a bit too slow. grade 3+

2. i and i: bit shizo like me lol? not her lyrics. i always waited for the "coming to the point" moment. sound carefree compared to the partitially skeptical lyrics. grade 3- maybe because i wasnt in the mood atm. i willnot remember this song often compared to others.

3. grapefruit: not her lyrics but this time much clearer lyrics. yes i think so too. i even dreamt about it. sound smooth. a bit jazz feeling but not a catchy song. when i like the lyrics and maaya didnt write them i always ask myself how she thinks about it because alot of ppl care what she does. maybe not THAT much at grapefruit-times? citation: "You don’t care, they don’t care, no one care what I do" hm hm hm i aaalways take it too seriously grade 3-

4. migi hoppe no nikibi: lol comedytime hehe. sound fits to the lyrics lol. yes yes the youth. she was at that age back then so even if this content is not gonna change the world or so deeeeep it is just real. growing up. grade 3-

5. pocket wo kara ni shite: good lyrics again from yūho iwasato. like she says "forget everything that burdens you and come". take a break. very very nice. sound & rhythm makes you swing along. brings a smile to your face. loved it even more in "we are kazeyomi" with everyone singin LALALA hehe. grade 1-

6. orange iro to yubikiri: like she mentions there... shes not pretending. i just hope shes never pretending. schoolgirl goin for a walk-thoughts hehe. am i a schoolgirl too? NOOO IM A MANLY MAN! i just got a pinky promise as well through my pinky imaginary glasses. nothing sticks out of the sound. grade 3

7. aoi hitomi: hmm i think its okay if some1 else writes her a song from time to time but on a whole album 11 songs and just 2 1/2 from her. okay she was young and first album np. alot of EXP had to be made. aoi hitomi hm a parting song aaah im too depressed for a parting song lol. i dont believe what the harp is trying to tell me. grade 4

8. yakusoku wa iranai: this song oooowns i dont even need to read the translation i just feel it. dont worry maaya there are so many other songs that i will mention later that you wrote yourself owning hardcore as well. i dont want to make much explanations. grade 1+

9. my best friend: first english song and i can even hear a bit better now how young she was. cute accent :oops: . so innocent and kind i want to cast protect & shell on her. very intimate song. true values. its good to have both jp and eng versions. grade 1-

10. kaze ga fuku hi: the english horn sounds good. was it the english horn? heh. finding yourself... some ppl never find themselves. grade 2+

11. sono mama de ii n'da: lol first the "i want to change" -song now the "your fine as you are". the sound sounds like it doesnt exist (hard to get me right). i dont know... but still a positive thought. grade 3+

i alrdy said i like her voice no matter which 1. inexperienced, cute teenage voice or full-bloom current voice. dont want to miss 1.

i rescue the world as i wield my sword & shield from the strawberryfield.
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

what's with the strawberryfield? o.o
Leave me a message if you notice someone spamming over here, I'll clean it up for you.