The Maaya album (2005 – 2010, closed)

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.

The Best Album?

Total votes: 0
gradualpetrify

Post by gradualpetrify »

the strawberryfield is a secret dude :wink:

yoyoyo today divetime. *drum roll*

booky-booklet. this 1 looks much more like "hey im an artist" now. busy business.
cool place even without colors. trees in the water lol they never run dry. i wanna go there!!!

song1 I.D.: nice words. what is an ID? your past? something you have done that is written on paper? how you think of yourself or how others think of you? a bit of everything probably. i dont think ppl are all the same but thats not necessarily bad. i dont like ID-tags thats why i playd dead too. sound is nice and turns out even better from 2:40 when the rhythm changes. grade 2

song2 hashiru: hmm yea many lovesongs lol many relationship-songs. but it sounds really good and i saw maaya for the first time in the video hashiru and i was like WHOA. evry song performed in we are kazeyomi got a bonus too. grade 2+

song3 babyface: a cheer up song in a casual way. when i would write a cheer up song i think my song would be a bit more serious.
i wouldnt just give advise but also try to understand the "baby face". i dont say they way in the song is wrong im just a little bit too much of a pessimistic person. grade 3

song4 getsuyou no asa: shes really good at understanding the lyrics not written from her. feels exhausted. sound fits good. hmm whats this raw wet odor on the umbrealla lol frecklegirl. grade 3

song5 pilot: reminds me a bit of pocket o kara ni shite. donut= doonatsu lol thats so cute. which rules does she mean...
sound fits again to the lyrics. grade 2-

song6 heavenly blue: aaa when some1 else wrote the song i have problems judging from time to time depending on what is said. "leave me alone already" ouch that hurts. sound sounds like a planned freestylesession. okay i really need more flow. grade 4+

song7 peace: wow thats a little bit evil for me haha. im just sensitive like a sensor but surrounded by fog. why do i feel recklessness aaa. because its also inside me. the more i listen to the song the more i like it/understand it. grade 3

song8 yucca: nice song and nice writings by yūho iwasato. bit like me just in an optimistic way. grade 2+

song9 neko to inu: that song sounded closer than a close friend lol. flirtstyle :-O. interesting i get curious. its so clear, honest and feminine. nice piano club atmosphere. grade 2+

song10 kodoku: good lyrics again by yūho iwasato. yea i understand now why maaya chosed her back then. i can answer her question why ppl need to be loved back when they love to find happiness. because a duracell-bunny needs energy. dont worry i dont expect anything. slightly dramatic sound (not ment as critique). lol i never thought of this song as a 1grader until today with my test o.O. grade 1-

song11 dive: isolated oceanstyle. damn the ocean is a whole world still unsolved. im definilty searching for atlantis. versus-mode till it broke my diaphragm-code - transient shadow. grade 1-
gradualpetrify

Post by gradualpetrify »

はじめまして!
yesyes the glass sheet... i know it. btw the grades go from 1 to 6 if you dont know. 22 songs and not a 5 or 6 yet not bad. damn i was so rdy for lucy today but i forgot hotchpotch aaa.

okay hotchpotch @.@ one serious yūho iwasato album. some songs of the 2 previous albums included too. hmm how should i judge it. like someday maaya makes an album with all of my grade 1s and 2s thatll be the best album for me then hehe.

potch means dog? then im a potch. hotch means clever dog... okay thats not me xD 2 albums alrdy a best-of album that was quick. a keyboard and a guitar. could she alrdy play something on it at that time? maaya you little pretender >: )
where is that place? saw some english advertisement on a shop so probably north america?

song1 yakusoku wa iranai: alrdy said 1+.

song2 tomodachi: well there was the english version alrdy and now the jp one wow. since i think japanese is the most beautiful language in the world i must give a grade 1.

song3 bokura no rekishi: the xylophone accompanys the song really good if its a xylophone. the others instruments too. this is a good cheer up song better than baby face. not because its japanese but because baby face sounds a bit like "cmon whatever problem you have just dispel it like you push a button". this song here sounds more like awareness so it motivates you more. grade 2+

song4 gift: liking yourself more and more. i think there are ppl in the world who like themselves too much hahaha. but i believe what i hear. oh is this one of the rare occasions where i talk about maayas voice trying to convince me of the song?! yes i always believe maaya BLINDLY aaa! grade 2

song5 kimi ni ai ni ikou: lol the background is funny somehow xD. kinda clumsy like me i bet if i would get into a certain meeting. even the nameless flower fits to me but i cannot tell you why now <.<. i like chocolate too! grade 3-

song6 hikari no naka e: parting... written by somebody else. okay nearly everyone can imagine the situation. the background sounds too typical. hey wait maybe i didnt understand the song. is the song not about parting of lovers? is it about some1 precious died (probably also the partner) and saying goodbye? then i see the song in a better perspective now. if its about a breakup of a relationship then i give the song grade 3-. if its about saying goodbye to some1 who died then grade 2

song7 light of love: when i hear maayas songs they sound really good because of maayas voice. stuff that can weaken the songs is like i dont like the rhythm or the instrumental setup (i didnt say its the case here yet). or when its too much about love again. love is important... the most important thing in the world but its used too much in songs just to sell or to create 1. i say create a lovesong if your really in that situation right now and thats it (okay she didnt write it). there are so many other important things to sing about as well. "pursue that dream that’s disappeared" <<< okay i will! you told me :) . till 4: 30 grade 3- and from 4: 31 grade 1+ yes thats no typo. i will just judge sound and till 4: 30 not as memorable as what comes after. from 4: 31 with the violins & the choir maaya sounds like... it just reminds me of a name of an anime you all might know: "ah! my goddess"

song8 kiseki no umi: aah maybe i should relate some songs more to the corresponding animes from time to time D:. not like you always got so much range. kiseki no umi was the song that ultimately got me to maaya. this is maybe the only song where i like the recorded version more than the live version. i miss the backing vocals and the meditative ending starting from 3:29. grade 1+

song9 active heart: nice break out song like pocket o kara ni shite. nearly as good. grade 2+

song10 pilot: as said grade 2-

song 11 platina: i am a dreamer too :) . when will i wake up? grade 1-

song12 24: aschenputtel aka cinderella. i dont remember who said it but it was about the 24gig. maaya without band performing and some1 said that wasnt good. i liked it. since i can understand english i always listen deeper into what the song is about while hearing it. my favorite english song is another1. 24 = grade 3+

song13 koibito ni tsuite: yōji kubotas only song here and when its about boyfriends or imaginary boyfriends you really need to create something extraordinary to stay in my head. there are alrdy so many other songs about that relation-theme that it gets harder to rank up. aaa i cant hurt ppl but i have to give a grade 4+

song14 pocket o kara ni shite: yea it was 1-

song15 call your name: very great song from maaya. i like the way you think and i like your ability to convert it into words. thats personal and it reaches my chiisai heart. maybe she dont mind if ppl refer to her as hitomi from time to time. i also got my gamecharacters who remind me a bit of myself haha. kimahri, seifer & squall. although there are some grade 1+ songs that i listen more to this song here is also grade 1+.

okay thats it. no woman without love - no marketplace without thiefs glove. matane.
frecklegirl

Post by frecklegirl »

[quote="gradualpetrify"]song4 getsuyou no asa: shes really good at understanding the lyrics not written from her. feels exhausted. sound fits good. hmm whats this raw wet odor on the umbrealla lol frecklegirl. grade 3[/quote]

Good job reading. That's not my translation.
gradualpetrify

Post by gradualpetrify »

yea at least i seem to be interested. oh i thought you translated it but you just found it somewhere? okay
gradualpetrify

Post by gradualpetrify »

ai vs koi... an endless battle.

lucy

hmmm what about the booklet i havent talked about booklets yet. think ill edit the other booklets someday JUST FOR FUN. i will not dare to grade booklets. i just use all that grade stuff to have a fixing point to figure out my fav album. countrystyle maaye this time lol. at least on the outside. i wonder if that crow is real. i say no. nice record player i also got 1. got some vinyl at home from my peronal "back in the days".

the booklets also have a nice smell. i think all albums smell the same but 1. dont kno which1. but the smell disappears more and more :( . i sniff on them like other ppl on panties MUAHAH <.<.

song 1 lucy: really hard to judge. ying&yang. light&shadow. 1 needs the other. something in common. this is the first song i have to compare with other componists. just instrumental. beside maaya i listen to instrumental stuff alot. especially final fantasy - nobuo uematsu. so i can just give grade 3

song 2 mameshiba: fan no. 42.598 is calling your name. is she singing about me in this song? she wrote the song by herself that rox i always liked the song. unique feeling at 2:40. powermode at 4:05. reminds me of arjuna... and arjuna (yes no typo). good and bad stuff. watched the video hardcore. is the dog chasin her or is she the dog? you never see them both at once. if its not her then the dog is called gradualpetrify. it starts raining... everyone is looking for cover but you. i know that feeling. grade 1+

dreams pull you out of your sleep
your body coverd with sweat
all i wanted to see was blue
but all that i saw was red

to be continued... into the abyss.

song 3 strobo no sora: you can gain alot of strength through joy and sanction. so maaya is tough. some walk through that tunnel with nightsight while others blindfolded. simple piano moves at 2:11. sometimes less is more. like 4 stones dropping off my heart. dramatic maaya is sexy hehehehe. 3:21-36 nice flow. compared with her bombs all in all grade 2-

song 4 alkaloid: why did i quit smoking so long ago? i regret it. no drug can calm me. i hate this song. like bitchslapping me. grade 6

i need a break again. this will be the most edited post ever.

WEEEEEE back! first i want to say.... KOI WINS! that asshole cannot leave his litte brother ai alone evry once in a while.

imu said he dreamt of maaya and so did i. so far i remember 3 dreams including her. first dream i was at one of her concerts lol... simple. second1 was funny. i was at some park with a friend. then all of a sudden i found out maayas ther... together with a female friend she had. maaya looked like in her teenage days. she was sitting on a blanket on the grass with her. she was looking at me and i got so exited i started to fool around like an idiot. then she started kissing that other girl o.O! i swear!

now i have a question and i ask the girls here because i alrdy know tha answer from the boys. hey girls would you kiss maaya? with tongue? hahaha. third dream and yes i swear again its not a creation i dreamt she kissed me... with tongue! but in this last dream i couldnt feel joy doing it because sometimes when i dream its like i wake up while i dream but im still in that dream and in that scene. nothing changes its just that i realize that its just a dream.

song 5 koucha: oh no 1 of her ex-boyfriends again. suicide time! first relationship discussion time haha. she is singing/explaining about that relationship very gently and calm. like leavin the bad part out of it. maybe because she is a real lady. i think i know why. she got alot of distraction. i know alot of other songs about parting that sound very different lol but not from her. most of us had that first girlfriend/boyfriend thing and damn i dont want to think about it. but this song is so chill i cannot hate it. "its time to go" sung by maaya lol i never experienced such a gently asskick for quitting a relationship in my whole life. maybe even i couldnt hate her if she would tell me to quit with that song. LOLOL! grade 2

song 6 tree-climbing and a red skirt: damn that title sounds so promising!!!!!!!!! i love it! wait lets listen to it first... i really like the content.... very different from what i had in my cursed mind. much much better. when we were kids we believed in angels and santa claus lol... i fell silent too. i really like the inside of the song but the sound keeps me a bit too clear in my head. i like songs who make me stoned lol! because it sounds like a little kid staring and drooling in front of a vending machine. grade 3+

song7 life is good: well... is life good? i like the world for what the world could be but i hate the world for what it is. some ppl say "thats the way it is" but i say no i swim against the flow. i shouldnt talk too much shit lol lets get back to the song. i want to know what the sentence "Just be happy that we’re not our mothers
Slavin’ over papa all night and day " means. that sounds a bit mean lol women can be rude too. all that black widows. i like the part "To do what we want, now, when we want it
They don’t expect too much from us anyway". yea fukk em! i need to give this song 2 grades. reality grade 6 imagination grade 1

song 8 honey bunny: damn i think i need a break again lol. be tough gradual! okay... really hot that voice. damn damn damn. which bastards always have the luck to get such songs written dammit. i hate you all. HONEY BUNNYYYYYYY aaa. i get dirty thoughts i am a sinner im sorryyyyy. i try not to be jealous this time. is there love? some say love drys out but grows anew like grass. what a sad shit lol. i say love is an asshole. grade 2+... just because of the hotness lol

song 9 t-shirt: you know why i like all that weird stuff that i write here? because sometimes i fish out some pearls didnt realizing how beautiful they were. wait.... that asshole koi is back i need to throw him out of the room again "THROW". the piano and the guitar is so simple but so deep. i like that depressive shit because its real. it doesnt sound like a creation. it sounds like she is feeling this at the very exact moment and telling you it instantly. true and serious. so much on the same level like me. im relieved. grade 1

song 10 kuuki to hoshi: ah precious and unrecognized. i hope its recognized by at least 630ppl :) . but 1 thing for sure. when its lost then its lost. listening to this music makes me think about an old couple sitting on a bank in autumn. i think about rivers and a grey sky... beautiful. i also think about a stroke of lightning that is embracing you peacefully. yea not killing you lol. and the wind. grade 1

song 11 rule: the challenge. when you win they want to be your friends. when you lose they laugh at you. i dont understand maayas liner notes. i just know that looking back too much isnt good for the brain. exhausting. grade 2-

song 12 watashi wa oka no ue kara kabin o nageru: probably the longest name for a song ive ever heard lol. but seriously... one of the best songs ive ever heard in my life. maybe as good as kazamidori. ups spoiler. how do i feel about this song? its more like i feel im on the other side. the shitty side. it sux when some1 opens the door to a world thats looks like disneyland for a 6 year old kid and you cannot walk through. damn im scared of planes but i want to feel the wind too. sounds indescribably great when she highly sings "AaA" between sentences. grade 1+

i am just a mirror
gradualpetrify

Post by gradualpetrify »

which path am i goin? defenitly a deadend with a wall chasin me. damnnn that was long since the last 1. im sry all my ............ 0 fans.

- easy listening -

that album rly so easy to listen to? well see.
booklet: nice dress miss maaya. behind some bars like the ground on a snowy day. could be seen as protection but more like imprisoning in most cases.
on the 1st page when you open the booklet she looks like shes doin a "sonic boom" from guile (street fighter) <.<

1. inori: alot of metaphors used in it. like me with mine sometimes.
topic like "magic number" just in a circumscribed way!? the song is so slow plus i cannot feel the flow even in the refrain so it convertes a bit ropy. the synthesizer is just so so. the whispering is neat tho :P is she asking "who knows where he comes from" in english? from dortmund! you are always invited. well then that came out of nowhere. grade 3

2. blind summer fish...: born in summer all i am now atm is a blind winter fish. i just write this so "that i can go on living again today."
love that goes on forever? you cannot decide that on your own.
"well be together"... YOU wish! <.< when a song is good then i forget to check it out so detailedly with disassembling. grade 1

3. doreddo 39: ah she fell for some1 again. last time a chainsmoker now a cowboy with female eyelashes xD i begin to lose the overview a bit. well before and after the check of this song i never rly cared for it <.< whos tellin all that lies? i thought she is single and wants to marry the bum gradualpetrify. grade 5

4. afternoon repose: hmm shanti snyder. i was on her myspace site and i was so close to only register myself just to say hi to her because she worked with maaya lol. now about this song. whatever she smoked before writing that lyrics... i want it too! so much peace of mind. i wish i could accept the past, present and future like that. maybe when im 60 and still alive. grade 2-

5. bitter sweet: "No one knows except for the two of us
I’m sure if we immediately bury it completely, deep in some impenetrable place, then to put it simply, it won’t be found
Then we’ll be able to be in love secretly like this a bit longer
Until time notices it someday" wow maaya thats a very nice way to tell me to delete all these posts here xD jk defenitly bitter sweet maneater. the oboe sounds funny if it rly is 1. percussion sounds like slacking off. idk if its a synthesizer or a guitar but some sounds remind me of a certain place in a certain final fantasy game. grade 3

6. grey day: okay i was fighting against it for a long time but not now. she didnt write this song i know but i also had the impression for other songs. like a queen is singing a song about cinderella. sometimes i have the feeling ppl just say something only to feel better as a person after it but does it rly transfer into action? this song is like the serious version of "max raabe - kein schwein ruft mich an". i will just judge the song from the dramatic of the instruments, the poetry of chris mosdell and maayas.... cute accent voice. grade 2

7. birds: when i read the beginning of the song i thought " ah just another song related to love" but the more i read the better it becomes. telling your "better half" about all the stuff you locked away in a safe so long ago and swallowed the key. she will still be on your side then? for whoever she sings that for.... IM JEALOUS! grade 1
忘却の旋律

Post by 忘却の旋律 »

oh no
i have to choose only one~
Kazeyomi & Shounen Alice are my favourites~
blacktea

Post by blacktea »

I like 【lucy】,especially [Koucha] in it~
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

Kazamidori + Kimidori + Praline + Platina
Leave me a message if you notice someone spamming over here, I'll clean it up for you.
Merri
Posting Freak

Post by Merri »

Added Everywhere into the poll.
Now stuck in programming JavaScript
Jérôme.

Post by Jérôme. »

It is not possible to change our vote ?
Now that Everywhere is out, I really think this is THE one to have if you have to choose between all of them. Just to have Birds and 30 Minutes on the same albums.
:angel: Life is on Maayas, and the posts are hope and promise... :angel:
gradualpetrify

Post by gradualpetrify »

the sickest

i dont care if youre interested i infest this forum like im pested.
i just want to get done what i started lol 5/10 albums so far or 5/11.
idk if everywhere will count for me. what a huge test. in previous posts here i talked about me wondering what would happen if she makes a best of album with all my 1s and 2s. well now she made a best of album but i dont think too much about it now.

nikopachi booklet <.<
a bit from the gravity vid. maaya you got some white sticky stuff in your face ummmm <.<; whos climbing her there? me want!
could it be that this is the first time she thanked me in her "special thx section"? at least in english.

1. yoake no octave: hmm first time hiroshi ichikura? very childish song. sounds like chitchat. fooling around. not my thing lol.
i like more serious stuff.
only sentence i like is "i’m just going to the library, that’s all. to look for a book that no one has read yet" grade 5+

2. hemisphere: can i sense a harp? nice. yuho the hit-writer again.
what can i say about this song. "look at me -normal people-
look what you have done :)
ripping my skin off like a snake is what i cant overcome." grade 2

3. daniel: i dont like the rhythm of the guitar too much. bit too country-style. troy hmm whats troy lol. dude? woman?
about the song: goin on like nothing happened is fake
in hotel heartbreak. i dont know if i agree to maayas liner notes.
sux if your addicted by some1. i feel a big responsibility to act manly now lmao so i can just give a grade 4+

4. bike: WOHOO i love it. something called "fun". i feel it so rarely.
a very rare occasion when i dont care about the lyrics too much. the 1% where i like it that i dont understand the song. the freedom to imagine. haha now all your jp speakers are jealous for the very first time :evil:
listening to it i feel like an elementary school kid climbing the ladder towards the attic of the parents house for the very first time. looking for a treasure chest. grade 1

zzzZZZ
Merri
Posting Freak

Post by Merri »

Now stuck in programming JavaScript