Nikopachi - US Release

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
Chibikko

Nikopachi - US Release

Post by Chibikko »

According to MaayaSakamoto.net Nikopachi is set to be released in the US by Geneon Entertainment in early March 2006.

Isn't that exciting?
*for some of us anyway :P *

I just wonder if they'll include the DVD with it?

^_^
Kem

Post by Kem »

I'm excited!!! I LOVED being able to walk into a store and buy a Maaya CD (Hotchpotch)! I'm SUPER excited to do it again!!
I like cereal.
Chibikko

Post by Chibikko »

Yeah!
When I got Hotchpotch I was so excited! And the guy who sold it to me was so excited that I was so excited!
He was all jumpy saying "Oh, So you really love your music then! That is GREAT!" :D :evil: :D :evil: :D

And yea......I wanna be able to do that again ^_^
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

It's cool ^_^
Aibou

Post by Aibou »

That's way awesome! I'm so buying it :)
Merri
Posting Freak

Post by Merri »

Well, I ordered Hotchpotch now via Amazon.uk. It had a pretty low price too. Balances well the costy albums I ordered from CD-Japan.

I don't know if Nikopachi is worth a buy... it is in lowest place on my album ranking. Like if I've made it :roll:
Now stuck in programming JavaScript
frecklegirl

Post by frecklegirl »

Was the North American Hotchpotch release exactly the same as the Japanese one? Like, was all the Japanese eliminated, or what? I was considering buying it but if they had messed it up to make it all Americanized then I didn't want to bother. Are all the Japanese lyrics still there, etc?
Kem

Post by Kem »

[quote="frecklegirl"]Was the North American Hotchpotch release exactly the same as the Japanese one? Like, was all the Japanese eliminated, or what? I was considering buying it but if they had messed it up to make it all Americanized then I didn't want to bother. Are all the Japanese lyrics still there, etc?[/quote]

It was the exact same CD. They just translated the booklet to english and I think Maaya wrote a thankyou message in it.
I like cereal.
frecklegirl

Post by frecklegirl »

[quote="Kem"]It was the exact same CD. They just translated the booklet to english and I think Maaya wrote a thankyou message in it.[/quote]

Well I know the tracklist was the same, but my question was actually concerning the booklet. Do you mean they translated the songs, or that things like the composer and the lyricist were written in English instead of Japanese?
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

I have Geneon's release of Angela's album and the translated the lyrics and put them into romaji. Pictures etc. are the same. There's also a message from maaya to US fans in the booklet.
Kem

Post by Kem »

[quote="frecklegirl"][quote="Kem"]It was the exact same CD. They just translated the booklet to english and I think Maaya wrote a thankyou message in it.[/quote]

Well I know the tracklist was the same, but my question was actually concerning the booklet. Do you mean they translated the songs, or that things like the composer and the lyricist were written in English instead of Japanese?[/quote]

Oh. I'm sorry! I just realized that I do have it at school with me. Now that I have it in front of me, I can tell you that the lyrics are still in japanese- they are just not in the characters (you call that romaji, right?). It has all the same pictures and stuff as far as I know, too. When I said they translated stuff into english, I meant that the credits and notes and stuff were in english. There are lyrics and title translations, too, next to each of the japanese lyrics and titles.
I like cereal.
frecklegirl

Post by frecklegirl »

Thank you, that clears things up a lot :3
frecklegirl

RE: Nikopachi - US Release

Post by frecklegirl »

I wish there was a Hotchpotch thread to put this in--we should have separate threads for each release for review purposes like we do on the Shiina Ringo forum btw, hint hint Merri--but I just wanted to say, I now own this! It is fun to read the English translations. But I still prefer my own and plan to redo all my translations and replace the ones done by other people with ones made by me.

Also, I would REALLY like to know who made those song translations, but the booklet doesn't say!!
Last edited by frecklegirl on 2011-02-11 17:21, edited 1 time in total.