IDS membership OPEN

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

To be honest, IDS is rare in that overseas people can join at ALL. Probably 99% of Japanese fanclubs are Japanese address only. So we're pretty lucky to be able to join >_<

Even if it is tricky to join...
roxfan

Post by roxfan »

The site is updated and they accept renewals and new applications. It seems l-tike.com doesn't like my credit card :/
kyp275

Post by kyp275 »

I just tried to renew my membership, but I'm having problem filling out the new form at the l-tike site, it would not accept my name/address.

入力されたお名前の名の値が不正です。全角文字のみで入力してください。
入力された市・郡・区・町・村の値が不正です。全角文字のみで入力してください。
入力された番地の値が不正です。全角文字のみで入力してください。
入力された姓、名合わせての値が不正です。全角11文字以内の整数値で入力して下さい。

This seems to be an issue of font size? has anyone had the same problem? I could use a little help here :)
roxfan

Post by roxfan »

You must use only full-width letters in the form fields (in IME, turn on kana input, type the text and press F9). No spaces anywhere. Also, name+surname should be 11 characters or less.
kyp275

Post by kyp275 »

is there anyway to get rid of the province? and with no spaces the address looks rather.... well, messed up, I dunno if anything will even be mailed to the correct address, especially with that big "Hokkaido" in front of my US address....
roxfan

Post by roxfan »

Use 東京都, there's a better chance they'll send it to the country specified and not back to the sender. Also, you can use 、and _ to make the address more readable.
Megumi

Post by Megumi »

I've tried to renew my membership and IDS doesn't accept credit card !!??
So is it what you were talking about kyp275 ?
JankoRaven

Post by JankoRaven »

I'm also having issues. I can get things typed in the correct width/style, but it won't accept my phone number, town/province or address any way I slice it. :S Has ANYONE had any luck yet?

I'm really bummed they've changed the form - renewing my membership didn't use to be this hard! 0.o
-Janko Raven-
kyp275

Post by kyp275 »

I managed to get mine done after following roxfan's advice

for address I just typed it as normal, just with _ instead of space, as it won't accept anything that has space in it.

as for credit card issues, it also wouldn't take my visa, but my american express worked, so maybe try a different card?
kyoy

Post by kyoy »

@kyp275: Thanks for the tips! I'll keep those in mind~
JankoRaven

Post by JankoRaven »

Thanks to the tips, it's accepting my address and all now - EXCEPT my phone number. I don't know how to enter it properly? It's claiming to be a matter of an incorrect number of digits? I'm not quite clear on the translation. This is the message I'm getting:

入力された携帯電話番号(上桁)の長さが不正です。3字で入力して下さい。

Any pointers? I know I'm cutting it really close here to renew!! D:

Edit: Alright, so I ended up sorting out the phone number situation by just leaving my house number as the default it was, and then including my cell number. How that made a difference, I don't know, but oh well!

Now it's just down to the fact that it doesn't like my Visa, even though I have a VerifiedByVisa account. And I don't have any other credit card to use! What a drag - if this results in me losing my membership, I will be most upset. :(
-Janko Raven-
gradualpetrify

Post by gradualpetrify »

this whole "becoming an IDS-member" is a bit too stupid for me.
if i read the posts here its just a pain in the ass and im not makin a fool out of myself for that. i bet if 50% of her fans would come from outside japan it would be much easier for us. buy busy busy business aight.
JankoRaven

Post by JankoRaven »

Missed my window. :( What a drag... Well, if any neat news or photos or such come up in future club updates, please keep us informed, you lucky members!!

So sad. T_T Damn site wouldn't take my credit card...
-Janko Raven-
kyp275

Post by kyp275 »

heh, I don't even know if I'll get my stuff tbh, since the address is kinda jumbled in the new system, with that tokyo prefecture in there :P

The last item I received was the new year greeting card, does anyone know if they've sent out anything since then? (it was mailed out in dec. 09, which is when my old membership expires)
kyoy

Post by kyoy »

@kyp275: Aww I can't help by answering your question, sorry :< Hope they ship it to the correct address! ;O;

So I checked the site recently and G!Translate says in their March 31st update that the recruiting membership process is extended until the 30th of April 2010, did I get that correctly? O: I wanna keep trying to join until I can lol.