Call me crazy, but here's a theory.

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

interesting there... :D

yea i undestand your positive tinking about maaya's future,,,yet still i can't help it if she broke from those two "aunts" of her. Still not sure if maaya would ever made an album with the same quality as her previous albums back then when those two still around... :?

anyway,,, who's that lucky person that maaya would be married with?? im totally jealous of him... i hope he's a decent person coz if not ill kick his ass!! :x
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

I want to know more about her boyfriend if she has one :oops:
Tenson

Post by Tenson »

[quote="Merri"][major offtopic]
Go crazy girls, we'll be happy to watch. Right Tenson?
[/major offtopic][/quote]
Of course!

[quote="frecklegirl"]Oh, were dillpops and I supposed to start mud wrestling? XD[/quote]
oh, weren't? :cry:

[quote="kirei_lanford"]who's that lucky person that maaya would be married with?? im totally jealous of him[/quote]
I can understand you :wink: I think prefer that she marries a girl
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

The last work I tracked from aunt Yuho and Kanno (together) was like from Sousei no Aquarion.. *cough* I was an old fan of Arai Akino too, because was attracted how she was a composer and a lyrics writer, so resoucefull XD

Best song I liked was Kouya no heath.. next was from Aoi, Tori ni natte T.T (even made my own personal translation)

here's a sample (half of the song):
Tori ni natte
by Aoi
Iwasato Yuho/Yoko Kanno

mirai wa, tetsukazuno mamani kagayaite
itsudatte mabushisugite ugokenaku natte shimau
arashi wa tooii kakosaemo,
furikaeru kotoga dekinai

~Torini natte.. Torini natte..
jiyuuni habataitetane

dokomademo hikareatte motomeatte
inochigoto dakishimeta..

nakanaidene koigokoroyo (*T.T I cried a little here*)
mada yuukiwo dasezuni

wasureranaide mama
hontou jibun ukeiterukoto dekizuni irukedo

daremo kitto hitorijanai
mienai kizu kakaete

itsuka sonoitamisae itoshiku
aiseru jibunni meguriaeruto omoukara

Translation:

The Future, which shines purely.
I can never move because of its radiant dazzle.
I cant even able to look back,
into my distant past.

~Change into birds.. Change into birds..
as we once flocked freely

wherever, whomever, moreover
In our hearts, we are so close..

Shed no tears, o' my love
whose courage was still not yet strong

while being unable to forget,
and unable to accept who I'm truely am.

probably no one is ever alone
thus anyone can bear unseen sorrow

yet you still believe that you'll eventually
will then see the day when you can love all those sorrow evenly
There's some from Miki Imai too, hehe, those ones are too personal to share with XD I mean.. I took them a little too seriously..

For me, the world where Maaya lived in consist of many people, either from Kanno's circle, aunt Yuho's circle, even the anime role circle. That process is what we call as making friends and knowing each other closely. Remember that song from Aquarion Age? xD Everlasting Love

Ganbatte Maaya chan XD
Leave me a message if you notice someone spamming over here, I'll clean it up for you.
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

and so,,, what's the last song having seen the three of em work together?? :?

is it on shounen alice or nikopachi?? :roll:
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

The last one noted from Shounen Alice.. at that time, I also had misunderstandings, Scrap ~Wakare no Uta / Scrap ~Separation Song. I once ultterly said that Maaya probably stop producing albums back then, wasnt totaly true, but only kanno isnt there anymore.

.. knock head on the wall .. (getting back to reality, today)

ok ok, the current songs Maaya sings in are far better than the old ones XD At the very least, she building up her own pace, her own light..

Her dad mention it in an interview, that Maaya is describe like a ray of light, sunlight which is transparent and shining green earth. He also mention that, if we look more into her words, we can find more fasanating lights. (i'll try to get back that interview link, it's been lost again..)
Leave me a message if you notice someone spamming over here, I'll clean it up for you.
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

anyway,,

lately i found maaya's vocal seem to go a little bit downhill,,, in supika she lost the tone at the beginning of the song, and in yuunagi loop i feel she's not singin' like her previous ones *or is it just my own feelin'* :roll:

hmm imurann, it would be nice if you share those interview files to us. I haven't had many of em... :evil:
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

[quote="kirei_lanford"]
lately i found maaya's vocal seem to go a little bit downhill,,, in supika she lost the tone at the beginning of the song, and in yuunagi loop i feel she's not singin' like her previous ones *or is it just my own feelin'* :roll:
[/quote]

Not most people can notice it, but it's her feelings which enterd into spica. I for once never seen her songs being too directed on that anime (tsubasa chronicle), but more likely, Maaya is singing her own words for us to listen to.

>borrow lyrics :P (A little sensitive here, just take what you can)

Douka kanashimi sae ubawanaide
Ikite kita subete no hibi ga watashi wo ugokashiteru
Hitotsu mo iranai kioku nado nai

Please, don’t take away even your sadness
All the days that we’ve lived so far have left their mark on me
There isn’t even one memory I don’t need

> Here was the place where Maaya wanted to tell me, (imho) to me as one of her listeners, that we shouldnt forget her old songs, from Grapefruits, to Hotchpotch, Shounen alice and the other albums. That it has left us a mark in our memories while we're listening to them during those rainy days, and time when we wanted someone close to us. days like that, where those things were far important.

NAIFU ya nikushimi ja kowasenai mono datte aru koto ga
Ima wa hakkiri wakaru kara
Because I clearly recognize now that
things like knives and hatred just won’t break down as long as they exist

> This one describe what's happening in the middle east today, where many innocent people were direct/indirectly involved in the chatrastopic war of human beings and the power of the world. In some songs from shounen alice, that part when Maaya said about "kalfa once said" I noted that she wrote it from her experiences of reading news of the kids in the east, whom were running from the war.

Maaya isnt our average song writer, she thinks of us all.. somehow, somewhere..

hm, sorry if I wrote some sensitive issue here. but that's from my observation and research on the people around the world.. from Africa, to the middle east and also the morden city of Japan and it's society.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Kafka is that Russian guy write....what exactly did he write about 0_o
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

Hm, probably I'm the one mistaken here XD Franz Kafka
Interesting article, is he a mysterious writer?

XD I cant say anything, havent read his books nor writings yet..

From the wiki link-up from kalfa, hm, pretty much I wasnt tracking far off.. it's probably have something to do with society back then in 1880's - 1930's.

(Yosh, let be famous writers and make some monocrome pictures of ourself and paste em in wikipedia XD)

hm, this is what hits me, Franz Bonaparta: from that Anime, Monster. He's a writer too, keke, 71 episodes of suspence and mysterious killings.. kowaiii XD (eh? I'm pretty sure many people watched this anime.. one of the main streamline anime, desho?) kinda pity the doctor, and he's a nihon-jin guy in russian land.. the story is quite controversial in one's pov, but really got to credit the director of that anime for his fine work.

It's back to the Garden of Everything for me :)
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

wow you do have some magic words there imurann,,, i hardly can't figure out how you could understand some of maaya's hard lyrics there :?

are you a professional writer also?? :oops:

hey now i remember you,, i know ive seen your site somewhere :lol:
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

me.. keke, my friends considered me weird lol :lol: maybe because how I see things is a little different than how normal people sees it.. oh, as I mention before, here's the link to the interview

坂本真綾 【I.D.】 12人の優しい人たち

I've asked one of my friend to foward the link to his elder brother, (currently furthering studies field of engineering in Japan) to help me translate. keke, he kept the message in my native language, Bahasa. So let me do the second level translation in English.

1. First impression about Maaya Sakamoto
Maaya was born while I was working in Kuala Lumpur. In my wife's letter, Maaya's voice is nice to be heard (fits with a mic'). Thinking back, my wife's expectations was very accurate; while it isnt normal people always write this in a letter. Then, under the blue skies of Kuala Lumpur, I've thought a name for my daughter and then returned to Japan. First time I gazed at my daughter "Ah!, this name is perfect with her cute babyface". Since then you are named Maaya.

2. Maaya Sakamoto, Looks more like dad or mum?
My friend always tell me that its bad luck if followed the father's looks. It's quite true, that when she was little, has a little looks like mum. but recently today, she looks more like me. should I feel pity? I dont know what maaya thinks of it, I dont need an answer.

3. As a father, what do you know about Maaya's legend?
(simplify) when she was small, when hold she sleeps easier than being left on the bed, she starts crying.. I cant leave her cryng, since that day I always lose to you (maaya)

4. Your daughter's "sales points"?
Work hard while careful to gain success which was ment to be, adding more good improvements.

5. Honestly, is there any things which still needed to be told to your daughter?
I think not (that is needed to be told). There's secrets ment to be secrets.

6. The things that is ment to be left, when travelling has already start, never go back to the shoe room.. running on toes also is forbidden. walking in a weird sound " fa----" also is not allowed. **

7. Maaya Sakamoto, is to be describe as?
Light. Sunlight which is transparent and colorless that shines the world. if looked into, a lot of other lights can be found in her.

8. Hope for her future husband?
Take good care of her.

9. Hope for Maaya?
Discover your new self, by your own.

10. Last question, some words for Maaya
I think that lucky people that meets people as special as you is little. I hope you never forget that feelings to be thankful, move foward and think wisely from time to time.

** It's like an old saying in Malay customs, that when you start your travels, even if you forgotten some things, like your wallet or handphone, never ever try to go back for it (some say bad luck will happen) but it's and old custom.. which I also think the same way.

*** best part of all.. I'm from Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur is our main capital.. still, probably its coincidential that I met Maaya chan's songs in the first place (Platina). But I'm pretty sure it has something to do with Yuho san. She's like a magnet point to me XD

> Hmm.. currently I'm trying to further studies to post graduate, well wish for me to get that place.. T.T the rules been strict lately, but we can always hope that infinite possibilites could actually happen again XD never give up!
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

wait a minute,,, it's an interview of who interviewed who?? i couldn't get it :?

is the person who work in Kuala Lumpur really Maaya's dad or some fanatic fellow who gave his daughter's name the same as her favourite idol? :lol:

nice interview there :evil:

now now ive too once think about giving my future daughter name with her name, only a little bit modified; maaya becomes maya, which is more like it in the scope of my language :lol:
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

It's nice to hear from her parents - this is a first for me, she rarely mentions them herself :oops: that :oops: so nice! My boyfriend's dad works in Malaysia too - maybe they're related :evil:
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

anyway i think the use of double a in the middle of her name is not a decision one made easily. :?

i mean why use Maaya if it's more normal to have just one a, like maya. :? :?

but name is a name... maaya is still the person that has changed me a lot. it's not a matter for her name to be maya or maaya hehe :lol: i would still love her!!! :D