Call me crazy, but here's a theory.

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
takeyuki

Post by takeyuki »

This is the link for the "interview" with Kanno Yoko, if somebody can translate it would be fantastic. This was written before Shonen Alice if my memory is right.

This part, at the end is specially interesting,

'最後に、オレの気づかない魅力を見つけて育ててくれる人たちとの出会いを、大事にしていってほしい。いつでも自由に飛んでいい。
オマエが選んでいい。もう大丈夫だから。'

-Saigo ni, ore no kizukanai maryoku wo mitsukete sodatete kureru hitotachi no deai wo, daijini shitette hoshii. Itsudemo jiyuu ni tonde de ii. Omae ga erande ii. mou daijobu dakara.-

In other words... Just be yourself.

edited to put the link.... I forgot.

http://www.jvcmusic.co.jp/maaya/profile ... /no12.html
Megumi

Post by Megumi »

thank you it's an interesting thing, to read this from her father ^^
frecklegirl

Post by frecklegirl »

Her father?? Where does it say her father wrote that? :o
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Because he talks about when Maaya was born and how they named her Maaya ^^ he 'thought' of a name for his 'daughter' so if it isn't her father I'd be pretty surprised :neko: it's so cute!!
Sora

Post by Sora »

[quote="kirei_lanford"]In some songs from shounen alice, that part when Maaya said about "kalfa once said" I noted that she wrote it from her experiences of reading news of the kids in the east, whom were running from the war.[/quote]
Maaya didn't wrote the lyrics to "Chibikko FOOKU", it was ICHIKURA Hiroshi^^;; But maybe he wrote the lyrics looking himself at what was happening in the world, who knows..?

[quote="kirei_lanford"]anyway i think the use of double a in the middle of her name is not a decision one made easily. :?

i mean why use Maaya if it's more normal to have just one a, like maya. :? :? [/quote]
Written in roman alphabet, it's not very clear, but once you write her name in Japanese, it takes its whole sense : Maaya is written "真綾" in kanji (Chinese characters used in Japan), which is composed of 真 (ma) and 綾 (aya) ; so you can't really remove an "a" :s

[quote="frecklegirl"]Her father?? Where does it say her father wrote that? :o[/quote]
It was written on the webpage but the link seem to be dead now :s Some years ago, there used to be a special section on the profile page of Maaya's official website called "12 Nin no Yasashii Hitotachi" (12 Kind People). Every time, a new person was interviewed, having to answer some questions about Maaya^^ (those people include her father, Yoko Kanno, and the group Komadori representant NISHIMURA Saeko).

The interview Imurann posted is her father's :)
☆NIKOPACHI☆ Love and... Peace !! \(^O^)/
frecklegirl

Post by frecklegirl »

Ooh, I'd heard about that interview, and read some parts of Kanno's, but didn't know her dad had done it! That is so cool. :D

Is there a full translation of this interview available somewhere, by chance? (Probably not, and if I could get the kanji I'd make one myself, but I guess it's taken down now...)
takeyuki

Post by takeyuki »

Here's the link for the first one, then you have to manually change the number in the link so you can see the others.

http://www.jvcmusic.co.jp/maaya/profile ... e/no1.html
roxfan

Post by roxfan »

I don't have any concrete links at hand, but I beleive it's a pretty common knowledge that Maaya was named after Die Biene Maja, which was a favorite series of her parents. In Japanese the name of the bee is written マーヤ (with a long a, maaya). Another interesting issue is that in Japanese there are no kanji with a long a, so they had to "glue" two with readings "ma" and "aya". That's why you sometimes see Maaya's name written as "ma-aya".
Megumi

Post by Megumi »

hé I didn't know for the long "a" thank you !