Maaya on Youtube

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Maaya on Youtube

Post by dillpops »

Since, Youtube is probably one day going to lose everything because the Japanese are getting worried about it (copyright issues and the number of Japanese using the site has exploded), here are somethings I found on Maaya on Youtube.

Earth Girl Arjuna Mameshiba ED credits
Earth Girl Arjuna Mameshiba OP credits
Gundam SEED: Destiny interview
Tsubasa Chronicle: Kazemachi JET animation
Tsubasa Chronicle: LOOP animation
RahXephon Hemisphere credit OP
Maaya Sakamoto - LOOP PV
Maaya Sakamoto - Taikutsuu to Yuutsu PROMOTION animation video
Maaya Sakamoto - HANII CAMU PV
Maaya Sakamoto interview + game ANIPARA
Maaya Sakamoto - Mameshiba PV
Maaya Sakamoto - Uchuu Hikoushi no Uta animation (minna no uta)
Maaya Sakamoto - Feel Myself PV
Dive album commercial 1
Dive album commercial 2
Nikopachi DVD - gravity
clip of Maaya singing LOOP Anime AX convention
23-ji no Ongaku CM
Yakusoku ha Iranai+Tomodachi LIVE w/Yoko Kanno
Maaya Sakamoto - Hashiru PV
Maaya and Kum Su Jin - Yubiwa (JPN+Korean) live
Tirol Chocolate CM - Valentine Chocolate "Chocotto Yuuki wo"
Napple Tale Shippo no Uta OP animation
Nikopachi DVD - Maaya in London (Shippo no Uta)

I keep finding new things, there are some "Top wo Narae" episodes around too as well as lots of fan efforts, I found a guy playing LOOP on an organ, some guy singing Purachina and lots of fan music videos. The ones above I thought might be more valuable but the karaoke's are still entertaining :P they might be gone soon since people are forseeing a Japanese copyright clampdown on Youtube like the US and other countries are doing.

Feel free to add more clips to the thread ^^ I also recommend the Maaya game above - she's so cute!
Megumi

Post by Megumi »

I've find a guy who have mix the movie Brokeback mountain with the song Unison and it was very good :lol:
misssakura

Post by misssakura »

Why are they worried? Youtube has a TERRIBLE quality. It isn't a replacement, it's more like an advert for the real product.

Oh yeah, and it breeds ill will if a country comes in with its sueing powers. I don't support sue-happy companies and none of my friends do either. They need to be careful.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

It's not my fault :lol: the companies don't recognise it as an advertisement agent, when the PV's can be brought they see it as taking away profits Besides, this is what I read:

http://mdn.mainichi-msn.co.jp/waiwai/ne ... 5000c.html
Since the end of last year, the number of Japanese Netizens visiting the "YouTube" site has gone through the roof. According to Shibuya-based Net Ratings, a firm that tracks Internet utilization, visitors leaped from 200,000 a month in December 2005 to 4.1 million by May 2006.

(...)

The Japanese media, sensing its proprietary material is being illegally reproduced, appears to be swiftly abandoning its heretofore hands-off position toward YouTube. NHK recently contacted the site's operators to demand that a video clip of the children's song "Supu no Ekaki Uta" that had been broadcast on May 30 installment of the "Okasan to Issho" TV show, be removed.

Indeed, a perusal of YouTube now displays the words "This video has been removed at the request of copyright owner Japan Broadcasting Corporation because its content was used without permission" in red letters, enclosed within a red border.
misssakura

Post by misssakura »

I never said it was your fault? I'm merely stating what I think. And I am totally sick of people uploading so much anime to youtube. It just clutters everything up. I mean honestly, when people split a naruto episode into 5 parts and there are hundreds of episodes, things get very messy.

I'm also sick of people thinking they're so cool by making webcam parodies or singing along to songs. But thats another matter entirely :3
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

*lol* naruto.. xD

btw, just finished watching last 10 eps of eureka 7, nice! XD love how the ending was and complex things BONES made... reminded me of RahXephon time, those were the days.. xD

youtube?.. I'm still with.. torrent power! xD
Leave me a message if you notice someone spamming over here, I'll clean it up for you.
misssakura

Post by misssakura »

Maybe they should just block all of Japan so Japan can't use youtube. The international collector's scene won't be damaged in any way by youtube.
frecklegirl

Post by frecklegirl »

[quote="Megumi"]I've find a guy who have mix the movie Brokeback mountain with the song Unison and it was very good :lol:[/quote]

Oooh, link? That sounds good and oh so fitting!

Edit: Found it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SempYzB83l4

ANNNND, THIS VIDEO USES MY TRANSLATION. T_T Or parts of it, and others paraphrased/changed a tiny bit. Just wonderful. A tiny bit of credit could have gone a long way.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Well if it's paraphrased maybe someone else translated it...?
misssakura

Post by misssakura »

It is possible that they just translated it themselves....there are only so many ways the original text can be accurately translated.
Bazaa

Post by Bazaa »

Wow, thanks for the list of clips!

And omg @ brokeback mountain + unison. That was kinda unexpected for me XD

A bit off-topic: am I the only one that actually liked that movie? Whenever I tell someone that, they think I'm an alien XD
No matter how much the people in this world hurry,
You can still catch me
misssakura

Post by misssakura »

I really didn't like it, I didn't feel for the characters and I disliked the pacing and pretentious feel - but plenty of my friends really enjoyed it - or at least respected it.
frecklegirl

Post by frecklegirl »

[quote="dillpops"]Well if it's paraphrased maybe someone else translated it...?[/quote]

[quote="misssakura"]It is possible that they just translated it themselves....there are only so many ways the original text can be accurately translated.[/quote]

In the first half of the video, the lyrics are sort of rearranged a bit and rephrased--in the second it's my own translation, copied word for word, no mistake about it. I messaged them and they've given me credit now.

I liked Brokeback Mountain, and I can see how this song fits the lyrics, so I think it's pretty cool.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

I haven't seen Brokeback mountain, haven't really felt the need to. Now SUPERMAN I just saw and it was really good!
slick

The garden of everything PV on Youtube

Post by slick »

http://www.youtube.com/get_video?video_ ... c=16763904

Here be my contribution, time to keepvid it and archive it bwahahaha

ARE YOU ENJOI!?