About the Japanese fansite COMA...

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
Sola

About the Japanese fansite COMA...

Post by Sola »

Does anyone know what happened to it? It moved from hxxp://www5f.biglobe.ne.jp/~usshy/ to hxxp://ykms.eco.to/ a while ago, and the site worked fine the first day I went, but then I kept getting a 403 Forbidden. I figured it may have just been temporary, but it's been like this for a while... is it blocking foreign IPs or something?

If so, I'm really depressed -- it had the best, most up-to-date information I've found. hxxp://www.net24.ne.jp/~akkosan/ was also good, but they seemed to have changed their layout and I don't know where the updates are...? I just see some sort of little journal.

Thanks!

Edit: Oh, don't forget to change the the "xx" to "tt".
Merri
Posting Freak

Post by Merri »

The new Coma link is working fine for me, no 403.
Now stuck in programming JavaScript
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

It's not working for me...maybe he got annoyed with me always sourcing him for info :lol:

But...if they are blocking foreign fans then isn't than being a little elitist...?...
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Strangely, I can access the site when run through a Japanese based translation webpage. I see I've missed a lot of news :P but perhaps it's a random glitch...? If Merri and other foreigners can access it then it's not blocking deliberately....unless he's targeting ISP's he doesn't like ^^;;;
Merri
Posting Freak

Post by Merri »

Might be they're targetting certain countries? Can't know, but atleast there is something good in living in a relatively low populated country :roll:
frecklegirl

Post by frecklegirl »

Hmm, I can see it, in the US.
Sora

Post by Sora »

I can see it too o_o
☆NIKOPACHI☆ Love and... Peace !! \(^O^)/
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

I guess it's easy to target me if he doesn't want me sourcing him because I actually say on my page a UK site ^^;;
Sola

Post by Sola »

Yeah, I guess it's just a ban on certain people. But I've never linked the site before, so I don't know why he'd ban me. Oh well, at least I can use a translating site to get to it. OTL

Thanks for the help, everyone. :)
Megumi

Post by Megumi »

Me too I can't see it ^^
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

How does blocking countries work anyway?
Merri
Posting Freak

Post by Merri »

Certain ranges of IP addresses are reserved for certain service providers. Not all that many service providers work in multiple countries, so blocking based on IP ranges is rather easy, if one wants to do so. For whatever reason.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

In addition to my earliar posts which were all made from trying to Access COMA from a university computer, I have found my home computer does access it 0_o
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Except....now I don't ^^;;;; so maybehe saw my post and blocked this address too XD

EDIT: yep, I think that's what's happened >_< awww - please, please, please, please let me return to COMA. It's the best Maaya site in the world because it's up to date and full of good information.

I understand that in the past I made mistakes with my site, and when I was ignorant I took your photos without permission. However, I apologised and removed them. I didn't think then. I'm working hard to be a good Maaya fan.

So please unblock me :cry:
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Note to self: never mention on a board where lurkers are that you can access it.