Duet or solo? which you like more

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
Imurann
Posting Freak

Duet or solo? which you like more

Post by Imurann »

^^ the last duet was in the wolf rain song, The garden of everything..

what i was thinking was is it nice to hear if she has a duet with arai akino, i mean.. that song from sousei no aquarion, like koyua no heath, or singing side by side XD

like it started by akino san say "Deata kiseki ni.. mou ikiga tomarisoudayo" then maaya continue side by side with her ^^

then together saying "subete ga ima hajimarukara"

I mean it would be wonderfull, since it's still kanno's composition running on the background, it feels so nice with Maaya's voice nor with Arai's voice..

imho, Arai Akino's voice has strength, and Maaya's voice have tenderness, couple them up, and we can find the song of the century ^^

Go Tight! ~ The Show Time > :D
Maaya in evil mode /gg :evil:

When they both say this
"この世で出会う限り Shake it down, Shake it down"

both maaya and arai shake their bottoms XD omg omg XD

"love and soul" both hands make a shape of a heart, then pointing at their hearts :D

Like they're dueting in music, while acting alongside while singing, I mean like Arai Akino points her finger while saying "きみを抱きしめるのに2本の手じゃ" in a pose stance XD

then maaya say "足りないくらいあふれだす生命の化身" which is the next line..

^^ well good nite ppl..
Leave me a message if you notice someone spamming over here, I'll clean it up for you.
Bazaa

Post by Bazaa »

Just a thing: the Aquarion song's were by AKINO, not by Akino Arai. Arai's voice is much softer than AKINO's.

Well, about duets... Yamane Mai and Maaya would be some mix. Totally different voices, but they could work somehow.
No matter how much the people in this world hurry,
You can still catch me
misssakura

Post by misssakura »

Maaya does some lovely duets with letter~bring to light...

I'd love to see her do more duets with men, because her voice is so sweet and clear and just provides a lovely contrast.
If you have any poo, better fling it now.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

I too would like to see more Maaya duets with men...
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

omg.. then, all this time XD

hmm anyone knows further info about this person named AKINO?
links? websites? anything? ^^ oh yeah, or was this the neo artisan that kanno picked up from the wilderness of musical arts.. XXD yay! for kanno, and all her songs there's the combo of the composer and writer.

kekeke, my evil grins is shown :evil: welcome to AKINO san XD

updated link

born in 1989 ^^ younger than me, chu chu ^^
maaya was from 1980, I'm from 1984, great XD

:wink:
Akino (born 31 Dec. 1989) is part of the Japanese Hip Hop band bless4.
She also sung several songs for the anime Sousei no Aquarion, composed by 菅野よう子.[/size]
Leave me a message if you notice someone spamming over here, I'll clean it up for you.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Younger than me too damn it - my years of youth have been wasted >_<
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

how about Maaya and Illaria Graziano? their voices feel quite complementary to me. Maaya singing in japanese, Illaria in italian and both in english. with music by Yoko neesama and lyrics by Yuho. Maaya and Mai Yamane would be brilliant. another duet with Steve Conte would be nice too. not sure about another duet with Shanti Snyder though, "You're not alone" was ok but not as good as Yubiwa.

i think the ultimate duet would be a live song with Gabriella Robin!!! just to see if Gabriella really is Kanno Sama. mmm... Maaya and Gabriella... imagine the posibilities....
Tenson

Post by Tenson »

[quote="Kaimugen"]i think the ultimate duet would be a live song with Gabriella Robin!!! just to see if Gabriella really is Kanno Sama. mmm... Maaya and Gabriella... imagine the posibilities....[/quote]

Ah, good idea! I second it.

I would like to buy a single singed by Maaya and Dillpops. It would be awesome :3
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

:oops:
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

so now we gotta convince Gabriella to come out of hiding or Yoko to give up the goods. i read a interesting artical about Gabriellas identity and the 'Sharon Apple Project'. Shanti Snyder said Gabriella lives on mars with cats :D so now we gotta send our requests there!
misssakura

Post by misssakura »

We discussed the Gabriela/Yoko thing to death on the YKDB...got quite heated at points, Mai even gets hatemail on her guestbook for 'invading Gabriela's identity' :roll:
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

[quote="Kaimugen"]how about Maaya and Illaria Graziano? their voices feel quite complementary to me. Maaya singing in japanese, Illaria in italian and both in english. with music by Yoko neesama and lyrics by Yuho. Maaya and Mai Yamane would be brilliant. another duet with Steve Conte would be nice too. not sure about another duet with Shanti Snyder though, "You're not alone" was ok but not as good as Yubiwa.

i think the ultimate duet would be a live song with Gabriella Robin!!! just to see if Gabriella really is Kanno Sama. mmm... Maaya and Gabriella... imagine the posibilities....[/quote]

uhmm,,,
it takes time for me to remember those person's songs :roll:
i think i only remember having heard steve conte and shanti snyder,,, and gabriella robin?? not sure about that
could you guys tell me the songs... im in a pretty bad shape lately... :lol:
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

it sucks that people would send hate mail to Mai, she kicks arse!! so what is the consensus on Gabriella? or do people agree to disagree Sakura san?

um, Steve Conte has done "Living inside the shell" for Stand alone complex, Gabriella has done "stamina rose", "cyberbird" and more also for SAC.

Illaria (beautiful name) has done "Pearls", "Einstein groovin'", "Diamonds" for bebop, and "i cant be cool"(my theme song :D ), "Where does the ocean go", and "i do" for SAC. "i do" is glorious, my favourite song of the past year along with Maaya's "Hello". and "flying to you" for Wolfs rain.

im sure i missed out more, has anyone got more songs that i have omitted?
misssakura

Post by misssakura »

Everyone agrees it is Yoko because we have songs where Yoko is credited as 'yoko' and it sounds just like Gabriela. Plus if you listen to her speaking voice it's identical. We all agree that Yoko can't come out and say its her because

a) its a joke
b) her voice is quite edited

so :)
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

it feels strange but i would rather not know for certain who Gabriella really is.

how about getting everyone who has collaborated with Yoko in the past to do a concert of her work? might be difficult to get everyone together at the same time but it would be worth it. so i gotta get Maaya, Mai, Steve, Akino, Illaria, Shanti, Yoko and Gabriella together for a concert. in christchuch. at my place.

you guys can come if you want to...

dreams are free...