NEW ALBUM 30mins Night Flight - ORICON no.12

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

Megumi! How could you forget Kanno sama!!? Shame on you! :D

Kirei, I thought the soundtrack to Arjuna is beautiful. Apart from the songs you mention she also performs 'Kuuki to hoshi', (Gabriella Robin also sings a alternate version of Kuuki ti hoshi) The songs by Gabriella are fantastic, and some of the instrumentals like 'Didn't it rain' are among my favorite Kanno. You have inspired me, I think I'll dig out my old anime and watch Esca, Arjuna, and Wolfs Rain again. But the end of Esca always gets very emotional for me. Btw did did anyone see the Wolfs Rain ending after Ep 26? I heard that they made a few more episodes to finish it off, but I havent seen them yet.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

I have to admit I'm beginning to forget Yoko Kanno and Maaya were ever a team :lol:

Gomes the Hitman sound really interesting...
Megumi

Post by Megumi »

[quote="dillpops"]I have to admit I'm beginning to forget Yoko Kanno and Maaya were ever a team :lol:

Gomes the Hitman sound really interesting...[/quote]

I think the same too, I'm interesting to hear what their collaboration will done.
Have you seen this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2b3dn37x68
It's very nice ! :note:
Tenson

Post by Tenson »

[quote="Kaimugen"]Btw did did anyone see the Wolfs Rain ending after Ep 26? I heard that they made a few more episodes to finish it off, but I havent seen them yet.[/quote]

I have seen them. In fact I have the 30 episodes DVD box. Really great ending for that great anime. But Highly emotional too :cry:
Li_Nickole

Post by Li_Nickole »

HI!!!
This are awsome news!! :D

About wolf's rain, that is probably one of the best anime that I've ever watched.. very sad though, but completly beautiful
And about Arjuna's music.. it's simply amazing, everytime I hear Butter sea, Shizukana seikatsu, Early bird, close (or cloe) , my heart beats a little bit faster.. so you must hear this OST !! :D
sangye

Post by sangye »

album cover out~~>//////<
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Wow, she shot that one in the footage of the IDS DVD ^__^ pretty!
sangye

Post by sangye »

aaaaa~~
who can share the IDS DVD?~~
very very very...want to watch it~~ :D
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

I wanna see the dvd too! heheh.

Dilly, I always felt Maaya, Yoko and Yuho were THE team, and Tim Jensen for his english songs. But I'm just wallowing in nostalgia.

I love my Arjuna soundtrack, Gabriella's songs are sensational!
Now I have to go out and the ending of Wolf's Rain. Hopefully its only on one disc....

Nice link to Gomes Megumi! Thanks. Thats a really nice song. Do you think that at certain angles the thing on that guys head looks like a big bird sitting on him or is it just me? And they have clips of Yui Aragaki on the same page too!
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

i always thought that there was something really off about wolf's rain ending. i mean after i watched darcia killed jagara and then "tell me what the rain knows" aired,,, i thought there would be quite a surprise and yet... wtf i just stood in the monitor for minutes without saying a damn thing.. :?

i think ill watch arjuna by tommorow. i guess ill just borrow it from my friend. cant wait :roll:

wow maaya is even cuter at the cover!!! kawaii maya-chin. i think this is the best album cover she ever had,, . the worst gotta be nikopachi. hehe.

anyway where did she get that outfit from!! XD

and that pose. it's the kinda pose that will make you get on your knees and kiss her.. :evil: :evil:
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
Megumi

Post by Megumi »

I don't know what to think about this... It's interesting, see maaya in space... I thought she'll be outside like always.
I need a bigger photo !
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

yeah,,, i can imagine it like uchuu hikoushi no uta somewhat pv version being remake with maaya-chan replacing the cute sleeping imouto-chan on that pv. XD

and :lol: maaya with astronaut suit hatsukashii!!!

Yeah... uchuu hikoushi no uta live action pv version *what am i saying* :|

edit:

yes it's like comparing last exile to blu submarine...
only in universe i can't yet found the thing to equally match the deep vibes in dive
quite good anyway
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

Kirei, watch Arjuna and tell me what you think. A lot of my friends didn't like it, can't understand why, I thought it was excellent (I am a bit of a closet tree hugger so the eco theme appeals).

Maaya cover wise, it looks good, but I kinda prefer the Easy Listening and Hemisphere covers
Shiny

Post by Shiny »

I wonder if action! will be included on this album... According to this, there was a surprise screening of a part of Clamp in Wonderland 2 with action! as the theme, so it's already recorded. Apparently Maaya wrote the lyrics, which somehow makes me really happy :lol:
Li_Nickole

Post by Li_Nickole »

Yeaah!!
I hope 2007 will be full of new releases!! :D
And I'm hoping there'll be a third season of Tsubasa Chronicle so we can have another new song..

But I don't remember if this time of the year, last year we already knew about kaze machi jet... :3 so.. I don't know if there's going to be another season of Tsubasa.. It would be a shame, besides we wouldn't have a new Maaya son, but also because the manga is so great that it should be made into anime completely, even though the anime is not as great as the manga :P