NEW ALBUM 30mins Night Flight - ORICON no.12

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Random news that I don't think needs a new thread, Maaya's narrating another cute animal dvd:

http://www.jvcmusic.co.jp/tenohira/
Megumi

Post by Megumi »

Thank you Dilly ! So class :3
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Also I managed to find one of the magazines Maaya's interviewed in this month (I'll be sure to go to town and get the rest when I remember) and I'll take pictures later. More Finland pictures used - I can only imagine the amount of film they used :lol:
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

P.S the albums out tomorrow which means its in shops today *_*
sangye

Post by sangye »

DOKIDOKI>//////<
Tsubasa~

Post by Tsubasa~ »

[quote="Megumi"][quote="Tsubasa~"]I got the edition vision and poster today
There is an "AIR UNIVERSE NIGHTFLIGHT passport" inside :D [/quote]

PICTURES ![/size]

Please [/size] XD[/quote]

here are the pictures :wink:
oamichano

Post by oamichano »

Just listened to the album real quickly.

I wanted to cry. I didn't like Yuunagi Loop but this is much, much better IMO.

*Sniff* Welcome back, Maaya.
frecklegirl

Post by frecklegirl »

[quote="dillpops"]Frecklegirl you are one for debates, aren't you :P you seem to monger it wherever you go.

[...]

argh we always end up arguing...oh frecklegirl, you wound me with your arguements :lol: [/quote]

Its a weakness... *sniff*

But actually, I haven't argued very much in this forum. o_o well, maybe back in the good old beginning days, but I'm pretty sure I've had nothing debate-like to say here for quite some time!

There's a download of the new album in her Jpopmusic.com forums thread, yay! Now that I know it is going to take 3-4 weeks to reach me here in France and I will probably have to pay 10-15 euros just to get the package.. AGAIN... ;_;

Listening to it now!!! It's WONDERFUL. I love it so far. Also, lyrics at up on uta-net, so expect romaji soon! Unless someone beats me to it... ;)
Megumi

Post by Megumi »

I'm so excited, I'll receive it on saturday. Thanks for pictures !
But, Frecklegirl, I live in france too and I receive package 3 or 9 days after ! 3 weeks wow, where do you buy cd ?
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Mine's in the post, pictures from Tsutaya yesterday - they were giving out posters if you brought it too, I also picked up two more Maaya interview magazines. Unfortunately they may as well all be the same as the pictures don't vary that much. I didn't get the other Maaya-featured ones because they were one page comments with the same night flight picture used everywhere.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Maaya web interview:

http://clappa.jp/Special/24/1/
frecklegirl

Post by frecklegirl »

[quote="Megumi"]But, Frecklegirl, I live in france too and I receive package 3 or 9 days after ! 3 weeks wow, where do you buy cd ?[/quote]

Cdjapan, and I picked the cheapest shipping option. XD; do you pick a more expensive faster one? Do you also have to PAY EXTRA when it arrives?

I've started romanizing/translating, I can't wait to finish! "Universe" is about the little story that was on her website, the "album concept," it got translated in the Jpopmusic.com thread.
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

This time I didnt see her old group mates working together, so I'm going to rate my opinions on her writings, and the overall song compositions. I was the old supporter for the trio maaya, aunt kanno and yuho.

So now maaya's flying with her own wings now, going to be somebody, and how she's going to guide her own listeners.
T T ganbatte ne maaya chan and she's turning 27 in a couple of days. Depends on maaya now, she's the youngest, most promising candidate.

originality,creativity,pitch,reachability,total feelings

1.30minutes night flight 46% - 5,3,7,3,5
2.Dreaming 78% - 9,7,5,9,9 //*1
3.Kiwoku-there's no end 70% - 7,8,6,9,5
4.Bokutachi ga koi wo suru riyuu 100%- 10,10,10,10,10 //*2
5.Setsuna 64% -9,7,6,5,5
6.Universe 96% -10,9,9,10,10
7.-not counted-

My personal overall album rating : 75.67% Pretty good :)

Looking from above, I like two of them, number 4 and 6. In simple words, I liked 4 because it resemblence one song lately sang by miki imai, piece of my wish (milestone version) where the piano opening, then silence, then the song. I liked the 6, because of the kimidori shade was there, a little sad and hopeful for something kind of feeling. I'm looking foward to listen to Universe.. a radiant light, in the darkness of space? XD

*1 (I like) unique because it continues from the 1st song ending phase into the 2nd opening phase, soft toned, milky sky feeling wasesaru kara~ (unforgetting moments, prob from a sweet dream)

*2 I'll enclose one song here, maybe i upload when someone wants it lol, there was a clip back in tokyotosho for those who noticed it. There should be some resemblance in the opening, but for the piece of my wish -special milestone edition. keke oh look i found the same composer : 岡田ふみ子 (which i thought of it, indirectly, probably they're connected)

there's a long story behind it, I'm going to be a bad boy and keep it to myself, himitsu~ kinda it's like knowing who maaya listens to (songs), or what she thinks of sometimes in her life. How I know, that I cant explain nither get a direct source, it's just a feeling.. *urgh.. I feel shrouded feelings on the universe opening phase.. a bit scary XD

~~ flooding more info
Okada Fumiko, has been working with Mai Yamane (The Real Folk Blues), which I could remember Mai Yamane san also made a work with Yoko Kanno for the Cowboy Bebop, Yuho was there too. link

lol now i wonder how small this earth is :) though, Japan is just 4 hours flight from here.. it's still a distant place. lalala.. dream on.. *dark aura falls on head* maybe things will make sense later, hopefully.

My question, did Maaya really left the old past behind? or carried them all silently, honestly, important early memories while with the aunts..

Okitegami was a hard one.. :neko: miao

~~

oh sorry, I didnt like the idea of making new posts :P

I guess kinda the reason why maaya oneechan wanted to do the songs alone, maybe because it was the best decision that she wanted to make. Personally I didnt like how kanno does things her way. But maybe most of you did notice that after the silent 2004 year maaya chan still did contact aunt yuuho for advices and such. No really, if you like aunt yuuho writings, go listen to Miki Imai songs. She was an old friend, I mean seriously an old friend of aunt yuuho, dated back from 1986. Most mystery songs on what she wrote for maaya, make sense when it mixed with Miki Imai's ones. Eventhough recently I did noticed something weird, that someone is messing up.. maybe the running-in-circle theory which aunty did in her writing song wasnt good material to sell. Logicly it's true. People listen to songs to enjoy them, they pay cold-cash for it. The side truth behind one's dark past isnt there for public research. I claimed that I tracked most of her stories together, when until it kinda disrupt my logic purpose and thoughts. I now have a shadow, and it's elements were made from aunt's relics. She's approaching 50 years of age next year, probably time to settle down, think of life and children. Even some of her latest songs, "Placed love in a very high place, deep in space" I kinda liked that theory, because it was ment to make love lives on even after human short life-span. Part of what maaya trying to say in her Universe song. Ding any bells yet ppl? XD
Leave me a message if you notice someone spamming over here, I'll clean it up for you.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

I took photos of two of the magazines, the black background one is the Barfout magazine, and the other is hm3 Special (both were so expensive! Huge glossy things!!)

One more to photograph.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Last set of photos, these ones from Voice Newtype. I'm not buying any of the other magazines - they all have the one same photo of Maaya and an interview :lol: she must say the same things ten times over!!