NEW ALBUM 30mins Night Flight - ORICON no.12

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

I keep posting and posting, but Maaya's got her very own channel on Yahoo Music Japan:

http://music.yahoo.co.jp/
Megumi

Post by Megumi »

Frecklegirl : I have bought it with cdjapan, and when you buy with the cheapest option, it's only 7 days.

Dilly : I've bought hm3 special, barfout and Newtype too ^^ thank you now I know there are not the same ^^;;; I'll receive them on saturday.
Can I use your pictures of the stores ?
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Yeah you can use the pictures of Tsutaya (you'll have to turn it around though, ha, ha unfortunately my mobile phone doesn't have options of doing that ^^;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Weren't the magazines expensive?!?! I had to pay about £8 for one and £5 for the other 0_o I was shocked! Granted hm3 special is a special and all glossy and paper-pages that are nice and stuff....but....so expensive ^^;;;;;;;;;;;;

The other magazines I looked at are all pretty much the same so...you chose the good three ^_~
Gibb

Post by Gibb »

I missed this entire thread for the most part, but I'm right now listening to "30minutes night flight" and I love it ^__^. Fantastic mini album indeed :) .
Otakuwiki.com: Disgaea 4 (PS3)
Current Avatar: Fuuka from Disgaea 4
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Maaya debuted at no.5:

http://dice1.blog69.fc2.com/blog-entry-370.html

01. Mr Children
02. Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra NEW
03. Morning Musume NEW
04. Nakashima Mika
05. Maaya Sakamoto NEW
06. Koda Kumi
07. EXILE

This is Maaya's highest debut for an album ever, Yuunagi LOOP debuted at no.8 as the website notes, and she managed to get above Kumi's album (although granted that is ANOTHER best of....however, it's a limited edition so I would have thought it would place higher) but YAY!!!!

The page talks about sales of her past albums and the expectations for this weeks sales, her previous albums have sold respectively:

32,060 Easy listening
69,966 Single collection + Nicopati
51,992 Shounen Alice
45,552 Yuunagi LOOP

The predictions for 30 Minutes Night Flight seem to be pretty good. The blog forecasts it to reach at least 21,000 units but that remains to be seen. Unfortunately unless it's in the top three we can't see first day sales. However, the weekly chart will show it. We just have to hope Maaya can stay in the top 20 long enough to chart. Which will be ok - whether its top ten or not will be interesting. The blog seems to be pretty positive on its outlook as a mini album.

To compare with other entries at the moment, if you look at last weeks new no.5 ORICON entry it sold 70,702 copies as a weekly with a first day placement of no4. The week before that's new no.5 pulled in 41,371 as a weekly.

So........any estimates on Maaya? She seems to chart highly first day and then fall pretty quickly to be somewhere in the teens for her weekly :lol:

EDIT: wow....for once I was faster than COMA :lol:
Megumi

Post by Megumi »

[quote="dillpops"]Maaya debuted at no.5:

32,060 Easy listening
69,966 Single collection + Nicopati
51,992 Shounen Alice
45,552 Yuunagi LOOP
[/quote]

First week ?
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

No, that's in total. The table is:

On sale
Ranking
How many times (was recorded in chart before out)
First noted sales (first week)
Total sales

Thus, Yuunagi loop:

On sale: 05/10/26 
Ranking: 8th
How many times (was recorded in chart before out): 6
First noted sales (first week): 32,070
Total sales: 45,552

Which means it's total sales are 45,552 from the trend, Maaya original albums always drop fast. If you look, the album gained 13,482 units post first week. It's not that bad, but when you compare it to Shounen Alice which gained 22,000 almost - it's a little bit of a drop. But...if you see the fan reaction to Yuunagi LOOP I guess it's understandable it sold less :lol:

Mini-album wise, getting such a good first day was unexpected, I was expecting no.10-15 first day...
oamichano

Post by oamichano »

This is cool, though I must note Mr. Children is on top though it is not a first week. The reason Maaya is above Kumi is because BEST ~Bounce & Lovers~ has been out already for a bit.
Megumi

Post by Megumi »

Ok thank you !
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

First day sales are in the region of 5,000 copies - if you look at Morning Musume's first day sayes they sold 6,500-ish copies to get number three. :lol:
Chibikko

Post by Chibikko »

wow, sounds like maaya is really smoking with this release.
:D

hopefully this means we'll get first-press goodies more often :D :D
JankoRaven

Post by JankoRaven »

Do you have to have a Yahoo!Japan account to listen to her soundstation?

This is such exciting news about her ranking! X3 I can't wait for my copy to get here!!!

Edit: Well, I made an account, but it still won't work... something about a license key. My Japanese sucks. ;.; Any help with the soundstation? It'll help tide me over until my album arrives. X3
-Janko Raven-
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

[quote="dillpops"]Sorry to tell you but...Maaya's not in the PV ^^;;;; it's an animated one...[/quote]

bleh,,, has maaya lose her self-confidence. kimi wa mada bokutachi no megami. zutto. *is it right??*

[quote="Imurann"]So now maaya's flying with her own wings now, going to be somebody, and how she's going to guide her own listeners.[/quote]

personally i agree with the concept of maaya being independent,, building her own image,, style of music and her own lyrics&tunes,, yet i still find there's something wrong here.. being independent doesn't mean you have to get rid of the past *which refer to, yoko kanno-san of course*,,, and what im trying to say bout here now did she even discussed her demos with kanno, yuuho-tachi before she let it released?? I still can't imagine maaya being a whole different person than the one i use to know,, I mean no matter what,, she'll always being shaded by kanno-san influences,, There's no way that maaya would be a idol like bonnie pink or koda kumi... Im afraid that if maaya's san manager just wanna make maaya famous no matter how,, her old fans might not recognize her anymore in the future. Anyway,,, i dun have a clue yet to what type of music tendency that maaya would turn to in the future. But no matter what,,, i'd never leave maaya. im bond to her.

o yea and the new layout i cool. i like it very much.
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Maaya's down to 12 :oops:

http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/ja/d/
Megumi

Post by Megumi »

it sucks, :evil: