NEW ALBUM 30mins Night Flight - ORICON no.12

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
frecklegirl

Post by frecklegirl »

You were translating with romaji? For shame, dillpops! ;) In the future, a good place to get kanji for almost any j-pop song is uta-net.com. You have to sign up for an account but then you can see alll the lyrics you could ever want! And Rikaichan is an amazing tool to use online to help you translate/look up meanings and kanji. If you're not using it, you need to! Rikaichan for Firefox. A translator's best friend. :)

Speaking of which, I've finished my translations for the rest of 30minutes night flight's songs :) :) :) :)

I am REALLY happy with these translations, everything was just clicking and I think I really got the meaning of just about everything. When I was uploading "Boku-tachi ga Koi o Suru Riyuu," in fact, I was like "oh wait! No! That means this! Of course!!!" and had to go re-word some lines. XD
(But that doesn't mean I'm not open to suggestions as always, so takeyuki and any other Japanese speakers, PLEASE feel free to take a look and tell me what you'd improve on!)

Translations all found here: 30minutes Night Flight
Shiny

Post by Shiny »

Thanks for the translations!

...I just realized there are no liner notes in 30minutes :? Too bad.
frecklegirl

Post by frecklegirl »

Oh yeah... I bet there were somewhere and none of us found them, maybe? The others were located online...
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

The linear notes are in her latest IDS newsletter. However, if you look at the staff diary they do have comments on a lot of the songs as well...Unfortunately I don't have a scanner for the newsletter :lol: and you just saw my translation skills...I'm kinda rushed off my feet at the moment but I'll have a go ^^V

Thanks for the translations frecklegirl.
frecklegirl

Post by frecklegirl »

Ooh, thanks, dillpops. Megumi, you usually make scans of the newsletters, could you scan this one in? I'd really like to see the liner notes!
LennStar

Post by LennStar »

I heard into the album. Sounds good. Nothing that makes me going around making "hmhmhmhm...." the whole day, but all songs quite good.
Then I looked at amazon. Surprise: They have it. No surprise: 46 Euro (~65US-$) like most of her albums. Well, thats *censored* *censored*
I haven't won a million cash up to now. :(
takeyuki

Post by takeyuki »

frecklegirl:

The translations are beautifully done! You took the ideas from my head and put it into words I couldn't find.

otsukarechan! :lol:

(by the way don't know if I've said this before, I'm not a native japanese, just happen to live here. Japanese is my third languaje behind spanish and english.)
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

was reading the translations..

1st thing went through my mind "pff.. all that was for nothing, now she wants to forget"

*there's more words but I dont think I want to write it here.. too much, this is just too much for me.
Leave me a message if you notice someone spamming over here, I'll clean it up for you.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Actually, dreaming is the only one in which she expresses a wish to forget. From that point on she seems to evaluate everything up until the point of universe where the final image seems to be searching for a bigger answer...
Tenson

Post by Tenson »

OFFTOPIC:

[quote="takeyuki"](by the way don't know if I've said this before, I'm not a native japanese, just happen to live here. Japanese is my third languaje behind spanish and english.)[/quote]

No, you didn't said (or I forgot) :lol:
Where are you from, then?
frecklegirl

Post by frecklegirl »

[quote="takeyuki"]frecklegirl:

The translations are beautifully done! You took the ideas from my head and put it into words I couldn't find.

otsukarechan! :lol:

(by the way don't know if I've said this before, I'm not a native japanese, just happen to live here. Japanese is my third languaje behind spanish and english.)[/quote]

Ooh, thanks! And yeah, I didn't know you weren't a native Japanese speaker either (your perfect English did make me a little suspicious though!). I'm assuming you're fluent from living there, though. Yeah, explain your circumstances!
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

I understand that part.. because she did mention that she lied a lot, I also do that when I'm in love with someone.. like threaten to leave.. but in fact, loved her more than she can think of..

She wrote Bokutachi ga koi wo suru riyuu just like me reading a love letter which she kept for such a long time. If I placed my feet in the person-in-line, I think he'll said this "It's not that I dont know what's in your heart, its just that, it just a difficult time for both of us, just look at the distance for example.. guess that's what's keeping us both from having a nice dream. Having a nice dream is good once in a while"

kyaa.. felt so nice after saying that out :)

btw, it would be logic I mean all this lyrics, that if I say, that ano-hito has already a lover.. and Maaya knows about it, but still loves him. that's love for ya, always full of suprises :P
Leave me a message if you notice someone spamming over here, I'll clean it up for you.
takeyuki

Post by takeyuki »

Ok, sorry for going a little off topic here.

Like Yuki chan I'm a japanese decendant (my dad's family is from Okinawa) and I was born in Peru. I came to Japan like 6 years ago and I've been learning japanese since then. I'm not that fluent but enough to have a normal life here. I have studied english for a long time (since i was in elementary school), last year I took the TOEIC test... got full marks :) Now I'm searching for a japanese language school... I want to learn more to get a better job. I guess thats it.

any questions? :maayagrin:
misssakura

Post by misssakura »

Imurann, your posts confuse and scare me o_o
If you have any poo, better fling it now.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

[quote="misssakura"]Imurann, your posts confuse and scare me o_o[/quote]

I thought I was the only one going 'mwuh??' 0_o