"Saigo no Kajitsu" ORICON no.11 First Day

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Down to 15 today.
Megumi

Post by Megumi »

Missakura, I understand you. Now I know why I feel uncomfortable watching this PV.

But, I like this single very much, the second track is nice, I like her voice as usual so I'm happy :)
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

Man, CdJapan is crazy fast. Got it this morning.
The case looks really good. The mirror theme is cool (her legs are so thin).
Umm, anyway, besides maybe reaching a bit on the high notes, she sounds good on 'Saigo no kajitsu', 'Mitsubachi to kagakusha' sounds lighter, her voice sounds crystal clear. Solaya did a nice job with the music.
'Mitsubachi' can be your site's theme track Megumi. :D

And I didn't get freebie posters. :cry:
misssakura

Post by misssakura »

[quote="Kaimugen"]Sounds like you need some time out Sakura.
The emo look may not entirely suit her (Maaya), but the song sounds nice.[/quote]

I wasn't talking about the song, I was talking about the video. I'm a videographer so I look at that stuff critically :wink:

It mainly bothers me because they (label) probably paid a lot for the video and they've (the video company) come up with the most generic half assed video possible. Even though honey come and yuuani loop were pretty cheesy/poorly produced videos at least they were different and had some thought behind them. So I preferred them to this.

This video reminds me of the hashiru video but I much prefer the hashiru video because at least it kind of makes sense.

I like to think of Maaya as an intelligent young woman and I would like to think that videographers and record labels don't just think of her as a dumb barbie who should just look pretty and not have any creative thought behind what she sings and does. But that's what this video makes me think, and I don't like it.
If you have any poo, better fling it now.
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

I bow to professional critique. :D
That Victor would bother with the pv then is a surprise since Maaya isn't a big name. This stuff is aimed at fanboys anyway.
misssakura

Post by misssakura »

Well for Victor she's a relatively high earning artist, when you look at the number of albums that she has released and people she has worked with she's relatively high priority. Victor isn't a big label. I don't know who made her video but I reckon they wouldn't have spent under 1.5 mil yen on it. If they can release a box set of 30 minutes night flight they've obviously making enough money from Maaya to justify PVs.
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

i like hashiru more since both the song and the colors are nicer... and of course honey come pv was cute,, i won't bother to see that pv repeatedly.. especially for the scene of maaya looking above with her skirt expanded. it made a beautiful doll fogure of maaya!!
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Out of the top twenty today.
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

Ouch.
Leave me a message if you notice someone spamming over here, I'll clean it up for you.
oamichano

Post by oamichano »

I actually think artistically this is her best video yet---her previous videos were childish and annoying and low budget, and the video quality and the camera angles this time are much better. I just felt like they put more thought into this one.
LennStar

Post by LennStar »

[quote="misssakura"][quote="Kaimugen"]
I wasn't talking about the song, I was talking about the video. I'm a videographer so I look at that stuff critically :wink:
CUT
But that's what this video makes me think, and I don't like it.[/quote]

Write them you make the next.
Megumi

Post by Megumi »

[quote="Kaimugen"]
'Mitsubachi' can be your site's theme track Megumi. :D

And I didn't get freebie posters. :cry:[/quote]

^___^

and me too, no poster ! T_T
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

I liked the way the case opens out. But I'm really gutted about no posters! Waaah! Maaya doesn't love us anymore!

So what's the verdict on the songs Megumi?
misssakura

Post by misssakura »

[quote="LennStar"][quote="misssakura"][quote="Kaimugen"]
CUT
But that's what this video makes me think, and I don't like it.[/quote]

Write them you make the next.[/quote]

That's the plan :wink:
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

the post lately made me a bit confused.. false quote,, quoting to self message??
oh, and anyway,, how many pvs had maaya released. reminde me if i missed something,,
- feel myself
- hashiru
- mameshiba
- gravity
- uchuu hikoushi no uta
- loop
- universe
- honey come
- saigo no kajitsu
anywhing else?? kazemachi jet??
i was thinking about somekinda pv poll.. why does maaya always release the pvs randomly??
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.