Create a download site for Maaya's song

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
真綾~の~ファン

Create a download site for Maaya's song

Post by 真綾~の~ファン »

Since this is a Maaya Sakamoto Fan Club, why do we create a download site for all Maaya's songs, albums, singles, etc. in this site. By doing this, every Maaya's fan can download all Maaya's song right here. Do you guys think it's a good idea? I need your opinions guys.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Dilly as moderator:

Or, you could buy them. First up, this is a fan community, not a leeching service. Second, full albums are a definate no (unless they are unobtainable) and you can get them elsewhere like Jpopsuki on release day, Maaya torrents also come up every so often. You can buy the albums off the internet easily also two of them are released domestically in America. Easy. So those two albums could get us in trouble, and technically the other albums being up in full could also get us in trouble.

Rare songs/live songs are slightly easiar to deal with, since they are pretty much impossible to get hold of easily. Singles, well, they might be ok too, but as I said, there are other places to get them.

It's up to everyone else, but if it's full albums I say no. There are other places to get things and we'll end up just using up a whole lot of bandwidth for something that will attract lots of leechers and might get us in trouble.

Rare songs/single tracks/lives are a different issue.

What do other people think?

EDIT: sorry for sounding really harsh, I just got up :P
misssakura

Post by misssakura »

Well, actually as far as I'm aware, Maaya's management visits this site. We already know that one suppression order has been issued for a Maaya's member.

Secondly, as Dilly said, her albums are pretty easy to get a hold of. However if there is a really rare song then I don't see the problem in sharing it.

Thirdly, I think as the main english speaking fan community for Maaya, we want to set an example and say BUY THE MERCHANDISE! Song books, albums, photo books, they're all incredibly beautiful. They might be expensive but Maaya and her team put so much work into producing them. Not only that but recently her fan club started introducing international members, which shows they have faith in the international community.

So I don't think we should promote piracy of her albums. We are fans, we don't want to encourage casual users who just want to grab albums. We want to support an artist who is still growing.
If you have any poo, better fling it now.
lucymoon

Post by lucymoon »

I am in agreement with dillpops the music of Maaya is easy to obtain at least for that they live by Europe or near Japan XD not like I that I am of South America = ( not to piracy XD kisses to all: 3
Aunque no sepas nada de mí
ni yo de ti ...
真綾~の~ファン

Post by 真綾~の~ファン »

I see. Thanks a lot guys.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Thanks for understanding :)
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

lives are probably the only ones that could be obtained here,, I wan more lives,, since there's no way i could see her performance unless something magical happens... im really counting to those fairies,,

i wish she releases some live dvds with clear pic and image,, i have no objection in spending my money for something as sacred as that!!!!! ><
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
LennStar

Post by LennStar »

As we talk about buying (anyone out there willing to give me ~300 Euro?)
what about Dilly opening a moderated threat "where to buy" sorted by continents/countries, everyone can enter stores and Dilly edits it in the first post.

At Amazon at least Maayas albums cost nearly 50 Euros (singles half), that is my complete entertainment-fund for 3 months.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

I'm surprised you use Amazon, it's so very expensive :cry: although it is a very easy service to use. Um, what are your payment limitations?
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

[quote="LennStar"]As we talk about buying (anyone out there willing to give me ~300 Euro?)
what about Dilly opening a moderated threat "where to buy" sorted by continents/countries, everyone can enter stores and Dilly edits it in the first post.

At Amazon at least Maayas albums cost nearly 50 Euros (singles half), that is my complete entertainment-fund for 3 months.[/quote]

im about the same condition as you.. i thought poor people only live in 3rd world nations :lol:

usually i could only buy one or tow original album every one month,, and that if i buy one... as to now,, original cds that ive really bought can be count by fingers. shame on me :evil:
JankoRaven

Post by JankoRaven »

I agree with the statements that it would be best to support Maaya's work by buying her merchandise - I guarantee it's well worth it; everything is always beautiful.

As for where to buy, it might just be me, but I really like cdjapan. :S I think I've heard other people say they've had trouble, but I've never had a problem and the pricing has always seemed very reasonable - cheaper than amazon. ^^
-Janko Raven-
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

I like CDJapan too, I've heard of problems with Amazon.jp but have been using CDJ for ages without any problems. Price however, Japanese cds and dvds are always on the expensive side, just one of those things. For example the Escaflowne remastered collectors edition is $280 us, I really want to preorder it, but the price... :cry:
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

$280??

thats robbery indeed...
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

I'd say if you're going for new CD's then they will all be expensive. But for payment options I'd go for Yesasia since you can use paypal, also if you spend enough you get free shipping...although I have had a cracked cd or two from them...
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

Did you get any problems with Yesasia customer service with the damaged cds?