A simple request of translations? Maaya's ID's

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
Imurann
Posting Freak

A simple request of translations? Maaya's ID's

Post by Imurann »

It's been a while I been thinking about this, I would like to request for a consistent translator for maaya's ID blog

http://www.jvcmusic.co.jp/maaya/id/index.html

It would be a hard task, and it would be an interesting path to discover.

To be honest, I was just curious what she wrote there. From time to time she did write those simple-things concept like:

1. last one I read was on her latest post, difference between "a happy situation" and "finding the meaning of happiness"

2. difference between mankind and that it is not so different

and many others..

more likely I think she places some words of wisdom into her blog, I just hope we had someone nice whom would translate this for us to read, hopefully it's in English :D

I would just be nice for us to understand what she's doing back then and now during her trips to england and any other country trips. I remembered she went to middle east once, well I'm not sure about that, but it was in the ID's blog, no?

well it's just a suggestion, need to have a talented translator, or better, someone crazy enough to take this on :P

:lol:
Leave me a message if you notice someone spamming over here, I'll clean it up for you.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Maaya's pretty complicated at the best of times, so I think it's a bit much to request someone to translate all her I.D's. However, I have archived some translations of the I.D and Maaya's things. The ones I have are (translators next to it):

IDS Bulletin 1 June/May 2005 - Philosoranter
IDS Bulletin 2 July 2005 (Wine Survey) - Philosranter
IDS Bulletin 2 July 2005 (Quiz) - Duncan

I.D Monthly Messages 2006
I.D Monthly Messages 2005
I.D Monthly Messages 2004

I.D Journal Entry 19.04.2006 - Duncan (touched up by Philo)
I.D Journal Entry 12.09.2005 - Philosoranter
I.D Journal Entry 31.05.2005 - Philosoranter
I.D Journal Entry 11.01.2005 - Philosoranter
I.D Journal Entry 29.12.2004 - Philosoranter

September 2005 Hot Questions - Philosoranter/luminaire

Lucy Track Notes - roxfan
Nikopachi Track Notes - Boobear + neoangel1
Shounen Alice Track Notes - Miyuki
Shounen Alice Concept - Miyuki
Yuunagi LOOP Track Notes - ChibiNekomancer

People have personally given these to me after I've asked for them. Since I closed my Maaya Sakamoto page down, I was going to create a translation archive site now I have more free time (HA! like that'll happen this year at uni) so if you wait a while, I'll post them back on the net again soon. Although, Frecklegirl seems to have the tracknotes at least I collected from people archived on her sites as well, so that's fine.

As for I.D. it's too complicated for a consistent translation. Maybe by the end of the this year or next I'll be competent enough to have a go. But not yet.
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

Then it's settled, arigatou Dilly :D

hm, that reminds me of something, I was thinking of contributing again around end of this year. I think I found a right tracker for it. oops.

:odd: walks like a robo
Leave me a message if you notice someone spamming over here, I'll clean it up for you.
frecklegirl

Post by frecklegirl »

I'd do it if I had the time, but I have to focus on lyrics and not blog translations until I'm done with my current projects. :/ I might be willing to archive what dillpops has on my site, though, if she doesn't mind sharing. ^_~
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Of course I mind sharing :lol: I'm gonna make the site at somepoint :evil: :evil: I just need to get going on it, ha ha! bwa ha hahahahahahahahahahahahah *monopolises*
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

wow godly conversations,, ID translations.. maaya is a thinker?? a philosophist?? or hmm.. dunno how to start imagining that on my head.. let's see maaya wears a black high flat hats like the one we usually see in chinese films,,, glasses,,, books.. eee??!!
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
harmonium

Post by harmonium »

I could do the translations until dillpops and frecklegirl have the time. Maaya doesn't post very often, so I could probably keep up with her posts. I'm not fluent yet, but I'm pretty competent. So, if anyone would like me to, I'd be happy to do it.
Megumi

Post by Megumi »

Thank you !
frecklegirl

Post by frecklegirl »

Actually... I've taken a look at it, and Maaya only makes like one blog entry a month. I was thinking she was like some other artists who post in their blogs all the time, no way I'd have time for that. But I had a lot of fun translating the one from November (twice XD) so I'd actually be willing to do this. I don't want to steal your thunder though, harmonium :/

Although I'll probably get started on the December one anyway, just for fun... she needs to hurry up and post January's! Where's the New Year's greeting, Maaya?!
LennStar

Post by LennStar »

[quote="frecklegirl"]
Although I'll probably get started on the December one anyway, just for fun... she needs to hurry up and post January's! Where's the New Year's greeting, Maaya?![/quote]
In the podcast?
I haven't downloaded it yet (still unavailable at the moment).
frecklegirl

Post by frecklegirl »

er, no, in this thread we're talking about Maaya's ID blog entries on her website.
LennStar

Post by LennStar »

No, I meant perhaps she has had a Ney Years Greeting there.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

FINALLY archived the I.D entries I have and started a new project to go with them:

http://maayasakamoto.blogspot.com/

I figured I might as well put my obsession to good use. And my god her radio show (even though it was 12 minutes) was tiring, it took me about two hours to listen to and translate *dies*

gyaaaahhhhh!!

Anyway....I'm not sure how this project will go but I hope my skills in Japanese listening and translating will improve as I go. Primarily I wanna summerise the radio show chizu to tegami to koi no uta for people but news is my bag so we'll see how it goes.

Nervous ^^;; it's been ages since I had a site!
harmonium

Post by harmonium »

[quote="frecklegirl"]Actually... I've taken a look at it, and Maaya only makes like one blog entry a month. I was thinking she was like some other artists who post in their blogs all the time, no way I'd have time for that. But I had a lot of fun translating the one from November (twice XD) so I'd actually be willing to do this. I don't want to steal your thunder though, harmonium :/[/quote]

No problem. I was just offering in case you and dillpops were unable to. :) I did do a few translations of her posts already (from February, 2007, to the most current entry), though, and was going to post them after I reviewed them a few more times. But if you would prefer to take up the task entirely, it's cool.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

@Harmonium: the more the merrier I say!!! :D