Some question about Yubiwa ^_^

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
Li_Nickole

Some question about Yubiwa ^_^

Post by Li_Nickole »

HI!!! well for a while I have had some questions about the differents versions of Yubiwa...
What is the difference between Yubiwa (single version) and normal Yubiwa? besides the piano intro of course.. jeje I've never notice the diference and it's frustating :'( ...
The other question is about You're not alone... it's difficult for to separate when Shanti Snyder or Maaya is singing, of course i recognise Maaya's voice, but in some parts I can't define when is eachone singing..

Could anyone help me please??? :maayagrin: :maayadrool: ?

Arigatou Gozaimasu ;)
kaijyuu_m

Post by kaijyuu_m »

I'm a little confused by what you mean by "normal version" ("Movie ver."?). I tend to think of the "single version" as the default one since it came out first.

AFAIK, the main difference is that the "single version" has a few extra bars of acoustic guitar right before the synths kick in. Also, I recall reading somewhere that the mix is slightly different from "Movie ver.". This may or may not be because of a different mastering job.

BTW -- there is also an "Acoustic ver." (completely re-recorded) and the new "-24 karat-" version from "Nikopachi". Gotta get 'em all ;) (j/k)

As for telling the difference between Sakamoto and Snyder, it's really quite simple. You can clearly tell what Snyder is singing (the individual words) wheras you can't tell what Sakamoto is singing half the time. (It sounds mean but it's true.)
Tenson

Post by Tenson »

Well, I tend to call 'normal version' to the one in the soundtrack, but I think that's because it is the first one I listened to.
I really love the acoustic version, it's my favorite Yubiwa version.
And what '23Karat' means?

One last matter:
I've always suposed that BTW means "By The Way"; Today is the first time I've seen AFAIK, but I think it could be "As Far As I Know"; but I can't get what (j/k) is :? .
Merri
Posting Freak

Post by Merri »

j/k = just kidding :)
Now stuck in programming JavaScript
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

I always thought j/k was Joking. ;p 23 karat refers to the size of the diamond (on the ring)
Li_Nickole

Post by Li_Nickole »

Hi!! well thank u very much for the answer ^_^
How many versions of yubiwa do you have?? I've got 8 jeje :maayadrool:

Yubiwa Movie Version
Yubiwa Single version
Yubiwa Accoustic version
Yubiwa 23 karat
Yubiwa Live version on MI TECH concert
Yubiwa accoustic live version with Kim su Jin (half in Japanese and Half in Korean)
Yubiwa korean version (sung by Kim su Jin)
and
Yubiwa Karaoke version..
I once had it in flute but I lost it cause i had to erase everything in my computer and I couldn't find ii again.. I'm sure it was played by some fan ^_^
kaijyuu_m

Post by kaijyuu_m »

Sorry. Did I write "24 karat"? (Yes, I did.) My mistake.

I only have the CDs with the movie version and "-*23* karat-" version on them. I think that's enough. Don't you? I *have* heard the "Single version" and "Acoustic ver." before though. (Yeah, the "Acoustic~" one is quite different.)

As for the "MI TECH live" version, uh, I don't think you're supposed to have that version? They strictly banned recording devices from that concert. So consider yourself lucky ;P

Tenson: Have you ever heard of "IMHO" then? Wow, and I thought I didn't know enough online abbreviations...
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Consider yourself lucky? Upload it upload it for us :lol: we would love to hear it! I haven't even heard the one she did with the korean lady at the concert (or is that the same thing?)

Anyway, I have the 'Yubiwa' single and Nikopachi so only two versions for me ^^
Tenson

Post by Tenson »

I don't have neither the accoustic live version with Kim su Jin nor the Yubiwa korean version, but I've got the "flute" versions of Yubiwa(128kbps) and Yakusoku Wa Iranai (192kbps). I also have a rar with the MI TECH Concert (128kbps). You can find those files through eMule. I use to have the program running 24 hours a day, although sometimes I restart the system (when it becames so slow).

I haven't ever heard of "IMHO". In fact this is the only one place where I have to communicate in English. It's a good training :lol:

IMHO = I Must Have One ? :lol:

edit btw - Thanks Merri and stranger for the answers
Merri
Posting Freak

Post by Merri »

In My Honest/Humble Opinion :)

I have:
- Escaflowne Movie OST Yubiwa (lossless)
- 23 carats Yubiwa (lossless)
- Escaflowne Prologue OST1: Earth Yubiwa (acoustic) (320 kbps MP3)
- Yubiwa single (high quality VBR MP3)

I've had the flute version and probably some others too, but I haven't kept them. Yubiwa isn't one of my favorite songs and there is just too many versions of it.
Now stuck in programming JavaScript
Li_Nickole

Post by Li_Nickole »

Hi!! when I know hoy to upload I'll try.. it doesn't sound very well but I still like it ^_^.. the live acustic version of yubiwa with kim su jin is from the escaflowne movie dvd ^_^ :D
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

If you post and you can upload the file to the board on same page, underneath where you write your message there's a title 'Add an Attachment' just like email ^__^ you can upload it there.
Li_Nickole

Post by Li_Nickole »

ok ;) in the evening i'll upload it cause now I'm heading to school :D
jejejeje

I think my favorite version is the accoustic one.. It brings me shills :maayadrool: :D
Li_Nickole

Post by Li_Nickole »

:( I can't upload it :'(
I've tried many times, but I'll just keep trying :D
Sora

Post by Sora »

[quote="kaijyuu_m"]AFAIK, the main difference is that the "single version" has a few extra bars of acoustic guitar right before the synths kick in. Also, I recall reading somewhere that the mix is slightly different from "Movie ver.". This may or may not be because of a different mastering job.[/quote]

Quite a long time ago, on Merri's other forum (before he remade it all), I had posted a little board with the main differences I could hear, but seems like I can't find it on my computer anymore (I had an important crash recently -_-) ... o_O

[quote="kaijyuu_m"]As for telling the difference between Sakamoto and Snyder, it's really quite simple. You can clearly tell what Snyder is singing (the individual words) wheras you can't tell what Sakamoto is singing half the time. (It sounds mean but it's true.)[/quote]

Well, maybe that's easier when you're a native English speaker..? o_o;
☆NIKOPACHI☆ Love and... Peace !! \(^O^)/